JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty sure this is how the discussion between our founding fathers went...

Founding Father #1: "So...but...like...if a governor declares a "state of emergency"...whatever that is since it's not defined...but if he does declare a state of emergency...then...like ...the Fourth Amendment is totally null and void and the governor can seize anything he wants...right?

The Rest Of The Founding Fathers: "Totally!"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That was sarcasm. I"m pretty sure our founders didn't say that and are rolling over in their graves with all the crap that is currently going on.

You cannot take a giant shhh...err...crap...on the constitution just because you have the audacity to write a law that is in direct conflict with the constitution. That's NOT how this works! That's NOT how any of this works!

These policies governing declarations of emergency need a massive overhaul. Executives...mayors, governors, etc., are NOT supposed to have legislative making authority. But all one of these idiots has to do is declare an emergency...never-mind that there is precious definition on what exactly constitutes and emergency and/or for how long...

But once he declares an emergency he can then point to an UNELECTED healthcare official (or similar) and declare that in the name of public safety we have to do "X".

And these declarations carry the same exact weight as a law, including, fines, arrest, jail time, etc. And they can include anything up to and including the actual suspension of constitutional rights. How many times have we seen that happen during the Rona?

And to add to this insanity, there is precious little definition of how long an emergency can last. Now I can see where an emergency could last 30 days. But at 60 days you lose me. We are a year into this mess and governors are still acting under these emergency declarations.

Well riddle me this...at what point has the emergency gone on so long that it simply becomes "everyday life?" Because I would argue we crossed that line MONTHS ago!

These emergency powers are supposed to enable a government to act quickly when there isn't enough time to convene the legislature. But again, we're way past that point and there is, and has been, PLENTY of time to convene the legislature. So if something needs to be done, call the damn legislature to order, write a bill, vote on it, and pass a damn law! Assuming, of course, that your bill is even constitutional to begin with.

And that's the thing...most of the crap these people are doing is NOT constitutional.

So what do you think is going to happen when Biden and his minions take office? If they'll declare an emergency over something like a pandemic, what do you think they'll do for a planet killing catastrophe like...oh...I don't know...global warming?

Oh that's funny!
in the bill it allows the gov't to "prevention of waste"
So, does that mean when an emergency is declared the gov't will implode?

This song plays in my head:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top