JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was made aware of this via: Washington - Did Washington just ban 80% lowers and pre-1968 guns?

Text - H.R.7115 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): 3-D Firearms Prohibitions Act (Federal Legislation).

This is pretty ugly. I've only scanned it but a rough overview:
  • Businesses will be forbidden from advertising 80% items or parts kits (1A anyone?)
  • If you make a DIY gun, or have made one since 1968, you will have to get a serial number through an FFL and such request will be treated as a transfer (i.e., BG check and a record).
  • The extra bulls___ term "semi-automatic assault weapon" gains steam with Federal recognition (basically any mag fed semi-auto with a stock).

Come on, this is basic High School Civics stuff. Go rewatch Schoolhouse Rock's "I'm Just A Bill"... check your dates on these things before freaking out people, if it's not out of both chambers and signed before the end of the Congressional session post-election, it's toast.

Come on, this is basic High School Civics stuff. Go rewatch Schoolhouse Rock's "I'm Just A Bill"... check your dates on these things before freaking out people, if it's not out of both chambers and signed before the end of the Congressional session post-election, it's toast.
Yep many are passing this around without I guess bothering to read the dates in the very beginning. sounds good I guess to yell the sky is falling <shrug>
Not that laws are not constantly being proposed for all kinds of stuff against guns. The scary headlines due nothing other that make many start to ignore when real trouble is brewing since many start to just ignore all of it.

If you knew how many times people have freaked over bills that died in committee entire Congresses ago... seriously, I still get newsletters Chicken Little-ing over bills that died in committee while Obuttmunch was still infesting the White House.

If you knew how many times people have freaked over bills that died in committee entire Congresses ago... seriously, I still get newsletters Chicken Little-ing over bills that died in committee while Obuttmunch was still infesting the White House.
Yep it is nice to stay vigilant but sadly many cry wolf so much that a lot of people stop paying any attention. Then they do manage to pass some new garbage, and many do not know about it for months or more. The Anti rights people never stop, and never will. Taking to the net to scare people helps no one though.

Be that as it may, the Glock store is still not selling/shipping 80% lowers in/to Washington State (As a result of this)...so, maybe the sky is falling alittle.
What, me worry?

Be that as it may, the Glock store is still not selling/shipping 80% lowers in/to Washington State (As a result of this)...so, maybe the sky is falling alittle.
What, me worry?
That's State, not Federal though. I'm not saying "don't worry," I am saying "do your homework and direct your responses as best fit the facts of the case."

Another situation of.........

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

That's State, not Federal though. I'm not saying "don't worry," I am saying "do your homework and direct your responses as best fit the facts of the case."
Yep, the comment was in regards to the Glock store not sending 80% lowers to Washington State I think the confusion was the siting of" fed law" they used to justify the no go on 80% to Wa.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm a 07/sot, but the original post where this came from
Washington - Did Washington just ban 80% lowers and pre-1968 guns?

Text - H.R.7115 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): 3-D Firearms Prohibitions Act (Federal Legislation).
Was what I was commenting on and mentioned that because that fed bill (h.r.7115) was sited it was confusing for some. Inslee (the scum from Olympia) Is pushing massive gun control after i-1639 and yes you guessed it 80% lowers is on the menu.

Don't get me wrong when some keyboard 2A commando comes into my store telling me he was at the rally in Olympia protecting my rights and why wasn't i there? He assumes I don't care about the assault on the 2nd amend. I must not be a true patriot. Smugness aside. Chicken little and the sky is falling cliches get old. Picking nits about dates of bills of Christmas past doesn't help recognise the constant onslaught of 1984 style wrong think we are subjected to day in and day out by the self righteous lefties. I do care deeply, about protecting all our God given rights and defend them, I do. I also have to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Honestly, as gunnowners, we need to make the 2020 election a single issue election.

If a candidate has taken an unfavorable stance towards gun owners and our constitutional rights, they get a NO vote. No questions asked.

If a candidate has been favorable to gun owners and our constitutional rights, they get a YES vote. Period.

We need to send a loud and clear message that we are finished with one sided compromises...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews