JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just put a volquartsen trigger and barrel in a 10/22 receiver I purchased. It has a Viton buffer to help with noise and I will have a dedicated suppressor for it in the future. Nikon p-rimfire 4-12 for scope. Finished putting together today.

I have a ruger charger that I put a volquartsen trigger on it and a silencerco micro osprey. I am debating the Kidd barrel in either 10 or 6 inch. It is braced with a pmaca chasis on its way. (red anodized as is the volquartsen trigger) Without a barrel change I can shoot at 50 yards 50 rounds make a quarter sized group, What kind of upgrade would I notice? This has a nikon p-rimfire 3-9

Any must haves? I am adding the viton buffer when I swap out the chassis on the charger

auto bolt release, extended mag release,(maybe the volquartson already has these), larger charging knob. ive heard of guys drillin a hole in the rear of the receiver to be able to stick a cleaning rod thru the chamber side of the barrel

I hit steel at 100 6x10" plate 25/25 rounds with a 4.5"

It's more of a preference, but if you have ever tried the Kidd trigger, I feel it is better than the V guys.

5012979e-9164-4b91-9c87-5f94cb2a514e-jpeg.jpg

I installed a KIDD extractor on my 10/22 about 5 weeks ago, after having a lot of problems with my stock Ruger extractor, during a Rimfire event. It was getting bad, maybe 1-2 FTEs every other magazine.

Happy to report that between practicing and the Rimfire event my wife and I participated in yesterday, that I've run over 1500 rounds without one single failure to eject. :cool:

I'll be installing KIDD extractor on all of my future .22 projects.

My new 10/22 is a KIDD with sleeved aluminum barrel from Tactical solutions. It also has a volquartsen trigger. Nice light weight little work horse.

I just can't say enough good about these barrels.

Picked it up here on the forum. :s0155:

IMG_0759 (2).JPG

Have can. (Waiting on 2 more actually) I am unsure of the SBR with the shockwave brace. The handle and chassis for the charger are set to arrive today. I will take photos in all it's gaudiness when assembled. I am thinking 6 inch Kidd barrel to keep more rounds subsonic. Per bbti, quite a few are subsonic out of a 6 inch.

So, nothing really special here... just a charger with some polishing on the trigger group, dremel work on the bolt catch, Copper Customs adapter, pistol buffer, shockwave blade and a utg bugbuster optic. Yet so much love for this little guy!

It all started with a $50 gift card to the local gun store!

20180411_120456.jpg

If The barrel was flush to the receiver how would the silencer look with the flow of the receiver?

probably better. I don't think the kidd 6 inch barrel I am considering is flush. Aesthetically it would look better. It would also fit in cases better. And I may still form 1 this as an SBR and but a real stock on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top