JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snake coil about 100 feet of black hose in a sunny area. This will give you a hot shower, and hot water for the dishes. A water source and maybe a hand pump are all you need.

An update to my original posting...

We acquired the unit I mentioned in the link. It works fine. We did have to tinker/adjust the flow from the hose a bit such that the unit can "keep up" (ie., provide at least warm water), but we're happy with it and even wifey agrees it could be used for a shower in a SHTF situation.

I'm not against some of the other ideas, but we simply don't get a ton of sunlight in the Winter months in greater Seattle. Therefore, we needed an appropriate solution.

Peter

IMHO, there is nothing like a warm or hot shower, depending on where you live there will be different ways to warm the water to wash, obviously any method that does not require fuel or anything making noise or putting off a smell letting others know you have power or heat is always a good thing.

But as a former soldier and one backpacked The Appalachian Trail from end to end starting in the winter time in GA and going north, after several or a week of using baby wipes, camp soap or what have you, you crave a warm or hot shower to get the grime stink off of you, it not only gets the grime off you but is a huge spirit, morale lifter.

Hang up two tarps and making a vertical square for privacy and something either ATC's heated method, solar method or something to warm the water, yes a cold will 90% of this I had to take more than my share of ice cold showers in life because of no way to heat the water or we were out and I reeked so bad the ice cold shower felt good because I got the grime off of me.

Also, remember while some is taking a shower you will want someone pulling security, so privacy is important,

If you are going to get your water froma stream or something always carrying it over a little nob at least 100 feet away, for a place to wash, this way the soap does not wash directly intot he stream and contaminate for wildlife and people drinking out of the stream. thedistance allows the soap and stuff to soak into the ground, personally i use Ivory and stor Ivory soap because it has the least amount of chemicals for a manufactured soap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top