JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this is meant for the heat lovers.

Tabasco doesn't enter into this realm. Habanero or better to play this game....

So, your favorites?

I'm liking Pepperbutt Pepper Company... Some stupid hot stuff there.

Ring of Fire original habanero.
Garlicky with just the right amount if heat on tortilla chips.

This is my new favorite for Mexican, hash browns, eggs, etc:
F52B2E1C-87D1-4AC0-83FD-EC859DD3CE61.jpeg

This one is hotter and quite tasty, though not as useful across the board:
559891DE-EE25-4280-9BA0-F5F67C72F9F1.jpeg

Tapatio. When I lived in AZ loved it. When I moved back up north I thought I would not see it here so I brought a LOT with me. Then found its common here. Stuff is hot but not over the top. Still have to watch how much you use. There are some great ones made south of the border but I just can't bring myself to use them. I keep picturing how the factory may look and it scares me :s0140:

Hot sauce may be fun going in... but it somehow converts to flame as it exits!

Butt (see what I did there?)

You can mitigate the bum-flames, by drinking some sugar-water just prior and immediately after (2 tbsp of sugar in a 1/3 cup each time should do it) consumption of your chosen incendiary sauce. (You can substitute milk/cream/flavored creamer for the water)

(and no... artificial sweeteners won't do it)

Hot sauce may be fun going in... but it somehow converts to flame as it exits!

Butt (see what I did there?)

You can mitigate the bum-flames, by drinking some sugar-water just prior and immediately after (2 tbsp of sugar in a 1/3 cup each time should do it) consumption of your chosen incendiary sauce. (You can substitute milk/cream/flavored creamer for the water)

(and no... artificial sweeteners won't do it)
hing-me-put-extra-hot-sauce-on-everything-35278980.png

edit: Bonus pic
Hot-Sauce-Enema-Kit-Prank-Box-Gag-Gift-2-768x768.jpg

I roll my own.
This year's crop will be smoked, dried, and ground.
I will then process last year's fermented mash's into sauces.

Both pictures are from my plants, 5 minutes ago.

20211001_180132.jpg
Carolina Reapers

20211001_175926.jpg
Trinidad Scorpions

Y'all is Krazy! I can't eat anything hot like that, my guts just can't handle that kinda stuff, we're talking medical interventions if I so much as taste something like that! Sucks too as I really did enjoy a nice heat with my foods!
Best of luck to ya enjoy!

I roll my own.
This year's crop will be smoked, dried, and ground.
I will then process last year's fermented mash's into sauces.

Both pictures are from my plants, 5 minutes ago.

View attachment 1042575
Carolina Reapers

View attachment 1042576
Trinidad Scorpions
That is sweet!

Now I need your tips on growing those in Oregon... Jalapeños I don't have a problem with but when I try habaneros I get no joy.

So, what are you secrets???

That is sweet!

Now I need your tips on growing those in Oregon... Jalapeños I don't have a problem with but when I try habaneros I get no joy.

So, what are you secrets???

I have my pepper bed on the west side of the house with a southern exposure. So 12-14 hours of daylight.
Neutral soil. I amend it in the fall. I bury compostable material in the fall. Plant with cover crop for the winter. Then turn the crop into the soil on 3/1. I turn the soil every 2 weeks.
I buy starts. Plant them. Top dress the bed with some of my chicken 💩 and shavings compost.
I then keep the bed watered fairly well. I pinch back early blooms. Fertilize lightly throughout the growing season.

The soil is black. Rich. Airy. Really good growing soil. It used to be dry. Brown. Clumpy. Clay laden stuff that sucked for growing anything in. It took a few seasons to get it nice and pretty.

I have my pepper bed on the west side of the house with a southern exposure. So 12-14 hours of daylight.
Neutral soil. I amend it in the fall. I bury compostable material in the fall. Plant with cover crop for the winter. Then turn the crop into the soil on 3/1. I turn the soil every 2 weeks.
I buy starts. Plant them. Top dress the bed with some of my chicken 💩 and shavings compost.
I then keep the bed watered fairly well. I pinch back early blooms. Fertilize lightly throughout the growing season.

The soil is black. Rich. Airy. Really good growing soil. It used to be dry. Brown. Clumpy. Clay laden stuff that sucked for growing anything in. It took a few seasons to get it nice and pretty.
Sounds like a man with a green thumb and a red b-hole.

:D :s0140: :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads