JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As if it were the federal government's responsibility to supply emergency materials to states. Maybe yes, though I am not in that mind set.
I mean funding for all their bloated state programs. If they want to behave like a nation, let them do it all on their own.

This is nothing more than a political stunt, and I hope it backfires spectacularly on them.

This isn't really meant to be funny, but kind of ironic. I have a good friend in the PDX area who is an alcoholic with a decades long drug history. My recent correspondence with him indicates that he's way off the rail. His 6 figure job situation is temporarily disrupted but not ended. If he ODs or does a Leaving Las Vegas, is it a CV-19 death?

Last Edited:
This isn't really meant to be funny, but kind of ironic. I have a good friend in the PDX area who is an alcoholic with a decades long drug history. My recent correspondence with him indicates that he's way off the rail. His 6 figure job situation is temporarily disrupted but not ended. If he ODs or does a Leaving Las Vegas, is it a CV-19 death?

That's sad, & no, if he were to unfortunately OD, such would not be listed as CV-19.

Not much you can do until he decides he wants to.

Had an OD brought in by "friends" last night. Drove him in themselves, rather than calling EMS. Un-freaking believable how completely irresponsible some folks can be!!

3 of them hauled his non-responsive body in to the walk in entrance.

Pretty darn close to being completely gone.

Narcan & he came back.

Wanted to leave against medical advice shortly thereafter.

:(

wake up kiddo, this Covid hoax is quite possibly one of the biggest lies perpetrated on the human race in recent history.

#1 I have an older brother that is a commissioned officer of almost 30 years USN, he is adamant that this covid thing is no worse than the regular flu and is being used to push draconian laws and start a depression unlike the United States has ever seen. #2 media CAN NOT be trusted and they are the "false prophet", they have manage to create fear and control in people I never thought possible, bottom line people are gullible fools. #3 watch this informative video and then come at me with that silly post of yours. #4 get ready for the next stage of the covid agenda IE "MANDATORY VACCINATIONS" ! Will you be stupid enough to let the government inject you with their science experiment ? I bet you will -

Yes, you are correct. GIANT HOAX.

Got it.

Spot on.

Oh & yes, don't forget to toss In more about anti-vaxing. Please.

Always excitingly helpful information. Maybe post up some videos by experts such as Sara Palin, Jim Carey, Jessica Biel & Justin Timberlake.

Don't forget to include tidbits about chemtrails, fluoridation & 5G mind-control as well.

Always excitingly helpful information. Maybe post up some videos by experts such as Sara Palin, Jim Carey, Jessica Biel & Justin Timberlake.

Yes, but you forgot the blinding insight of the irreplaceable genius Jenny McCarthy.

Don't forget to include tidbits about chemtrails, fluoridation & 5G mind-control as well.

And the Lizard Aliens. Consarn those Reptilian Overlords!

"So far, the Republican Party's war on democratic values, institutions and laws has been a largely one-sided affair, with the GOP assaulting and the Democratic Party defending."

I think I got covid just reading that.

Yes, but you forgot the blinding insight of the irreplaceable genius Jenny McCarthy.

Well gee whiz, whom wouldn't listen to someones opinion who can read a paper while on the john.

That's multitasking and stuff. Must be genius level +3, or something.

439B3331-4AE6-4C4D-94FC-F3BD942A10AE.jpeg

This covid thing has turned this board into a drama filled cheap shot free for all. Just set up a flame room so those who want to get it on, can get it on. That way the cheap shots can be answered appropriately. You can move the threads there to die a slow death and save the mods some work.

Think I will take a breather for a while and let some sensibility and decency return maybe and we can act like humans with a little bit less sh*t slinging.

Well gee whiz, whom wouldn't listen to someones opinion who can read a paper while on the john.

That's multitasking and stuff. Must be genius level +3, or something.

View attachment 681675

Oh my, in this photograph she is delivering another unassailable statement on the subject of public health. We must stand in awe at this timely missive. (teehee)

Yeah, the CDC admits that the lines are blurred: as pneumonia deaths are just that. But pneumonia caused by Covid or influenza is apparently not getting tracked.

Pneumonia means lung infection and can include viral infections, bacterial infections, and fungal infections or even combinations. Flu can cause a viral pneumonia as well as contribute to a secondary bacterial pneumonia. Meaning the flu created a good environment for the bacteria in the airways already to overgrow and cause their own pneumonia. In flu, staph aureus, a common bacteria but particularly nasty when it gets in the body, is one of the causes of secondary pneumonia and difficult to treat. This has only been made worse with overuse of antibiotics so staph can be the resistant variety (MRSA) and even more difficult to treat.

Covid can cause a viral pneumonia but Im not hearing about a whole ton of secondary bacterial pneumonia. Covid can go farther and cause a severe inflammatory reaction in the lungs called ARDS. Other things can cause ARDS and the one Covid causes is similar. ARDS already has a ~50% death rate. Its a bit like pouring acid in the lungs and swishing around a bit. Massive inflammation. Recently the doctor who first described ARDS died of covid caused ARDS.

So saying someone died from covid is the same (for right now) as someone dying of covid with pneumonia or covid with pneumonia and ARDS. The path is very similar for those who are dying.

Covid is also doing weird stuff like killing the heart or kidneys in some people. Some people get better, get off the ventilator and make it up to the hospital floor only to suddenly die a day later. its a new beast that we dont know well. It is extremely frustrating to ICU doctors since they are very used to predictable outcomes from treatment. But right now they are doing everything they think is right and people are still dying.

I guess we'll see what the death certificate says.

For those wondering.
When we sign these death certificates we answer a section that goes like this

1. Immediate cause of death ____________ due to or a consequence of _____________ due to or a consequence of ______________ (etc, as many as needed)
2. Other conditions which contributed to death but not causally related to the immediate cause ______________

so if someone had a bunch of medical problems on the last leg and died of Covid I'd say something like
1. ARDS due to Covid 19
2. Diabetes, heart disease, alcohol abuse,

There are other questions (pregnant?, smoker? etc) as well

Sometimes I have to write that I dont know. We might have a patient who is elderly and dies at home and I have not seen them for 6 months. We dont do autopsies in all of them so I dont really know when I sign that cert.

Here's the thing I don't understand. And these are honest questions.

They initially told us that if we do nothing then 2.2m Americans would die. But if we did everything right, then still 100k-240k would die.

This was the reason for social distancing.

I understood that to mean, if we do the social distancing then we would still have to accept at least 100k people would die. Best case scenario.

Now they have revised the models to 60k. This is fair and I'm glad they are updating it.

So what happened with the 100k-240k? Why was it so far off if it took into account even if we did everything right?
What about the high number of 2.2m? Is it not also reasonable to assume that if they were wrong about the best case scenario then they were also wildly off on the worst case?

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the justification of "we told you that this was the best it could get, but you're all doing such a wonderful job social distancing that it's even better than we could ever imagine."

I've been out, I still see an awful lot of people and traffic out. Even more concentrated in certain places than before (Walmart, Costco, home depot). I know that isn't everywhere but still, we aren't exploding with cases here.

I'm sure there's a PI attorney somewhere who might try to draw the connection if there's money at the end of the trail....
5G mind-control as well
Wait, I thought that was for sun tans.
For heavens sake, it's like saying gravity is a hoax.
Gravity *is* a hoax. I've seen the switch that Aliens installed for us that allows us to fly to space and through the Van Allen Belt. Without that switch, we could NOT fly through the Van Allen Belt!
Oh my, in this photograph she is delivering another unassailable statement on the subject of public health. We must stand in awe at this timely missive. (teehee)
I was grabbin' my panhandle to steady myself for the onslaught of nastiness! :rolleyes:
2. Other conditions which contributed to death but not causally related to the immediate cause ____ 1586496044526.png ______

I thought our mod said to stop with the snarky comments, and yet immediately after NOT READING his post, the protected ones go on the attack. Nice.

I'll stick to the known maths. The rest can stick to the speculative maths.

Mock away....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top