JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I got from others, like you, was something more insulting in nature...one went so far as to suggest I should go get the virus.
Welcome to the internet. Seems like there's no escaping this heated topic right now, no matter where you go to escape. I'm finding that anything short of cowering in the fetal position while shaking your fist at the TV and screaming, "We're all gonna die and it's all Trump's fault!", gets you labeled as a virus denier. I can't help but compare it to the hours after any given mass shooting where anything short of demanding mass confiscation while shaking your fist at the TV and screaming, "We're all gonna die and its all the NRA's fault!", means you advocate for executing innocent children.

I'm getting conflicting reports from medical workers and it seems to vary by facility. On one hand we're being told they're using forklifts to stack corpses in refer trailers. Then we're being told that 50% of medical staff is furloughed because the facilities are empty. Then we're be told that they're short staffed and recruiting retirees and students. Then we're told there's no PPEs or ventilators. Then we're told there's warehouses full but bureaucrats aren't releasing them.

I'm done listening to all the noise. The parking lots at the medical facilities I'm seeing are pretty empty. The people that I have personally talked to are telling me that hospitals are pretty empty inside. I don't personally know anyone with the virus and the closest (by Kevin Bacon standard measurement) person is my wife's coworker's husband who might maybe have been infected but had mild symptoms and hasn't been tested to confirm. The sun came up this morning, the birds are still chirping, and I'd really like to get back to work. Guess that makes me a denier.

For those who have not already made up their minds
I am thinking about letting the hair on my face grow back it's so slow. At the height of the panic the boss told us we all had to be Fit tested again for PPE. Then said they are asking you remove facial hair now, that it would most likely be mandatory if we did not. I said hey it grows back and cut it all. Damn so slow now I may start stop shaving again. It was funny to see it took my Wife 2 days to notice and ask why I shaved. :s0140:

What's funny is, after the coming lock down actually works to keep our ICUs from being overrun, we'll get to hear people scream that it wasn't necessary and everything was made up, because the ICUs weren't overrun.

I posted that back on March 21 in the "social lockdown - can it happen?" thread, back before Oregon and many other states were on lockdown. Looks like I was right.

Simple Google search will get you flu stats, I recommend the CDC page.
Yeah, the CDC admits that the lines are blurred: as pneumonia deaths are just that. But pneumonia caused by Covid or influenza is apparently not getting tracked.

• The percent of deaths associated with pneumonia and influenza is above the epidemic threshold. The increase is due to an increase in pneumonia deaths rather than influenza deaths and may be associated with COVID-19.

Yeah, the CDC admits that the lines are blurred: as pneumonia deaths are just that. But pneumonia caused by Covid or influenza is apparently not getting tracked.

I don't understand your point, I thought you were asking a question.

Sorry to waste your time.

I don't understand your point, I thought you were asking a question.

Sorry to waste your time.
I did ask a question. You suggested to check CDC. CDC doesn't have an answer as it says death by pneumonia (which is how most people die from both covid and influenza) so the answer to my question isn't there due apparently to the lack of testing.

Do you have another source for for data related to influenza related deaths vs, covid?

I did ask a question. You suggested to check CDC. CDC doesn't have an answer as it says death by pneumonia (which is how most people die from both covid and influenza) so the answer to my question isn't there due apparently to the lack of testing.

Do you have another source for for data related to influenza related deaths vs, covid?
Check post #174 previous page from Red Rover. I thinks thats all we have right now for 2020

Aside from New York, nationally there's been no health system crisis. In fact, to be truly correct there has been a health system crisis, but the crisis is that the hospitals are empty," he said. "This is true in Florida where the lockdown was late, this is true in southern California where the lockdown was early, it's true in Oklahoma where there is no statewide lockdown. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between the lockdown and whether or not the epidemic has spread wide and fast."

He has also argued, in lengthy Twitter threads, that the drop in cases seen in various states has come before lockdowns would have had an impact -- since it takes a few weeks for social distancing measures to take effect due to the window between infection and symptoms.

2/ The state's "unmitigated" model "projects" that without mitigation, the peak of 62,000 will occur (will HAVE OCCURED, to be more accurate) on March 22...

/ Only Ohio didn't *actually* issue a lockdown order until Monday, March 23. Yes, lockdowns are such magic that they can PREVENT (theoretical) peaks that occurred before they were issued...

EVI1bTzUMAMKyDY.jpeg

I'm getting conflicting reports from medical workers and it seems to vary by facility. On one hand we're being told they're using forklifts to stack corpses in refer trailers. Then we're being told that 50% of medical staff is furloughed because the facilities are empty. Then we're be told that they're short staffed and recruiting retirees and students. Then we're told there's no PPEs or ventilators. Then we're told there's warehouses full but bureaucrats aren't releasing them.

The hospitals who dont have the virus are running weirdly low censuses. Its not like those heart attacks and strokes stopped happening. It has a lot of us perplexed and I think we are going to be finding a lot of dead bodies at home. But I am also seeing fear of going to the hospitals like surgeons seeing more ruptured appendix cases because they waited too long to go in.

We also have a ton of plastic surgery and knee replacements and other elective surgeries that have been cancelled in preparation for a virus surge.

I had a patient recently who was bleeding in the stomach for a week who didnt want to go in and "take a bed away from a patient with COVID". She probably lost 2/3 of her blood volume by the time I insisted she go into the hospital.

So there is a huge variance between place to place. Some places are overwhelmed and begging for doctors. Though there are lots of volunteers I dont have the saved money to quit my job, fly to NY, pay for a hotel and car and work for who knows how long for free. And given they are using trash bags as protective suits I dont really want to go either. My home is fairly well prepped for disaster and I dont really want to throw it all away because the government wasted 2 months doing nothing.

The people who are wanting to throw medical students on the front lines without pay and wanting to hold their diploma's hostage should be shot. Medical students arent military recruits. Absolutely ridiculous that they think they should work for free because they have a minimal amount of training. Absolutely none of them saying this are on the front lines either.

Weird times....

The hospitals who dont have the virus are running weirdly low censuses. Its not like those heart attacks and strokes stopped happening. It has a lot of us perplexed and I think we are going to be finding a lot of dead bodies at home. But I am also seeing fear of going to the hospitals like surgeons seeing more ruptured appendix cases because they waited too long to go in.

We also have a ton of plastic surgery and knee replacements and other elective surgeries that have been cancelled in preparation for a virus surge.

I had a patient recently who was bleeding in the stomach for a week who didnt want to go in and "take a bed away from a patient with COVID". She probably lost 2/3 of her blood volume by the time I insisted she go into the hospital.

So there is a huge variance between place to place. Some places are overwhelmed and begging for doctors. Though there are lots of volunteers I dont have the saved money to quit my job, fly to NY, pay for a hotel and car and work for who knows how long for free. And given they are using trash bags as protective suits I dont really want to go either. My home is fairly well prepped for disaster and I dont really want to throw it all away because the government wasted 2 months doing nothing.

The people who are wanting to throw medical students on the front lines without pay and wanting to hold their diploma's hostage should be shot. Medical students arent military recruits. Absolutely ridiculous that they think they should work for free because they have a minimal amount of training. Absolutely none of them saying this are on the front lines either.

Weird times....
Tread carefully here sir, there are many who refuse to believe this is real, even if it's right under their nose.

Thanks again for the enlightening information you always bring forward about this.

I hope Trump reciprocates and pulls all federal funding of that crap hole state :mad:

308 said:
I am curious about those 731 deaths in one day. The reason being is yesterday I read a report stating in some areas of concentration the number one killers like heart disease, cancer, obesity death reports have declined sharply and CV1984 has risen. If a person with a compromised system is one step away from death's door, is it honest to claim that shove from CV was the cause of death?
I'd say yes as it gave the final shove.
Consider if that person at death's door got hit by a train instead of Covid. That cause of death will most certainly be listed as Big train vs little human, not obesity COD or whatever else ailed that poor soul.
I'm also wondering though, how much blaming a death on Covid impacts funding.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top