JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fair enough. I apologize for coming off wrong and appearing to insult anyone along the way. I've been told in the past that I ask too many questions, but it has kept me out of trouble.
It takes a person of character to admit when wrong, especially to random people over the internet.
When we read each others text, there is no verbal inflection, and it's easy to think someone is being combative when they aren't. If I've made that mistake with you, I apologize myself.

I did see this vid yesterday that made me wonder a bit.
Where are all your "challenging questions" regarding that video? You tell us (truthfully, BTW) that the MSM is cherry picking videos and statistics to make this look worse, but you don't think there are plenty out there purposefully trying to make this whole thing look like a conspiracy?
When you don't have anything challenging to say about a video with a bunch of random videos of empty beds, It seems you reserve judgement only for what your naturally inclined to disbelieve.

What kind of a B.S. remark is this...
That's rich, coming from someone who gets posts deleted and threads under threat of lockdown for posting over and over about your religion, even after people tell you to stop.
BTW does cursing show a good witness?

Last Edited:
It's not the flu, it's somewhere between 2x-6x as bad (although the gap seems to narrow the more testing is done) using mortality as the only metric. That data has been around for awhile thanks to SK.

What we are wondering and some can't seem to grasp, is why is this response 1000× worse?

In a few days, we've gone from losing 100,000-240,000 from Covid-19 to 60,000. (Source IHME.org)
I guessed that we'd end up with around 40k-60k... with the regular influenzas about, that makes up somewhere around 120k people... not numbers to sneeze at by any means!
:s0155:

That's rich, coming from someone who gets posts deleted and threads under threat of lockdown for posting over and over about your religion, even after people tell you to stop.
BTW does cursing show a good witness?
what you've never had a post deleted or had to walk back something you said. Who's throwing stones now! And No I'm not ashamed of my faith unlike some here! I posted we should all get along. Did you not see that!

Last Edited:
Back on topic, I think my father in law who is a nurse is now coming down with this. He's had a couple CV-19 patients, which is the majority of them in our area, we've not had many cases yet.

The young female nurses freaked out and begged not to have to take care of them, so my mid 60s father in law stepped up. Professional for him, pathetic for the lower risk age group to shirk responsibility IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife works in admitting at an ER, ER visits down by about 50% to 70%. Admissions down about 25% to 35%. No electives. Hospital's are sucking hind teat right now for cash flow.

Wife was exposed kind of (with 3 others) by a patient brought in by their hospital security against protocol. That rent a cop POS is now unemployed. Patient was masked up but she was not. She was ready to and still would rip that fat f's security guards nuts off.

Son is a paramedic. Call volume down over 70%.

FWIW.

Wife works in admitting at an ER, ER visits down by about 50% to 70%. Admissions down about 25% to 35%. No electives. Hospital's are sucking hind teat right now for cash flow.

Son is a paramedic. Call volume down over 70%.

FWIW.
Same with my wife. Surgery admitting. Most all the nurses are being farmed out to other local hospitals to do trivial work. This is what I am hearing from other friends in the hospital business.

I also keep hearing this is like the tide rolling out just before the tsunami hits.

We shall see.

Makes you wonder what they became nurses for. Says a lot about them unfortunately.

*Referring to the young nurses that didn't want to treat the Covid patient.

I've asked this question several times and not seen a direct answer:

WHY DID NO ONE SHUT DOWN THE PLANET IN 2017-2018 WHEN 60+ THOUSAND AMERICANS DIED FROM THE FLU...AND WHY DID NONE OF THOSE POSTING IN THE 2000 POST CV THREAD EMOTE THE SAME WAY...BACK THEN when I personally suffered through that same flu that killed more than our dear CV-1984 has worldwide.
61,000 flu deaths is 167 deaths per day, 1,800 people died in the US yesterday, that's 657,000 people in a year if you assume that the numbers aren't exponential; hint, they are.....

Makes you wonder what they became nurses for. Says a lot about them unfortunately.

*Referring to the young nurses that didn't want to treat the Covid patient.

And this is why you see riffs between ER nurses and the paramedics that bring them patients. The paramedics have no choice on who to treat or not. The pager goes off, and you go off to wherever and to whatever you are called.

At least now the dispatchers are doing a very good job on triage to at least get the medics a bit prepped for what they are going into. But to admit to others in your profession that you are scared of treating someone, that is not the person I want on my shift, or in my medic car with me, their head is not in the game and they do not have your back at all. They would not cut it in the field with that attitude.

And this is why you see riffs between ER nurses and the paramedics that bring them patients. The paramedics have no choice on who to treat or not. The pager goes off, and you go off to wherever and to whatever you are called.

At least now the dispatchers are doing a very good job on triage to at least get the medics a bit prepped for what they are going into. But to admit to others in your profession that you are scared of treating someone, that is not the person I want on my shift, or in my medic car with me, their head is not in the game and they do not have your back at all. They would not cut it in the field with that attitude.
There's a difference between doing your job, and doing your job without the appropriate PPE. Would you go into battle for the US without being armed with a gun?

61,000 flu deaths is 167 deaths per day, 1,800 people died in the US yesterday, that's 657,000 people in a year if you assume that the numbers aren't exponential; hint, they are.....

Get out of here with your math and your numbers! Who do you think you are, an electrical enginerd or summtin'?

There's a difference between doing your job, and doing your job without the appropriate PPE. Would you go into battle for the US without being armed with a gun?
While I can't speak for any other hospital, and I know some are expecting employees to reuse PPE, or not use enough, in this instance there was no lack of PPE for them to use.

I didn't see in the example stated they had any shortage of PPE. Now if your talking hyperbole...the floor is yours.

I didn't see in the example stated they had any shortage of PPE. Now if your talking hyperbole...the floor is yours.
There's not enough PPE for staff, there's plenty of citations on that. Also, there's a difference of going into the medical field to help people, and you will likely die doing your job in a field where your chances of death are typically low.

Get out of here with your math and your numbers! Who do you think you are, an electrical enginerd or summtin'?

While I can't speak for any other hospital, and I know some are expecting employees to reuse PPE, or not use enough, in this instance there was no lack of PPE for them to use.
There's not enough PPE for staff, there's plenty of citations on that. Also, there's a difference of going into the medical field to help people, and you will likely die doing your job in a field where your chances of death are typically low.
Again I'm only speaking to what @wp4 stated...if you're talking about another hospital or staff the floor is yours.

Again I'm only speaking to what @wp4 stated...if you're talking about another hospital or staff the floor is yours.
My comment was in reference to your "makes you wonder why they became nurses" statement. People typically take the medical field route to save lives, but that usually stops when death is on the line, their death for choosing a typically safe profession.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top