JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New York was JUST "ground zero" for spreading it. Now all of a sudden they have peaked? And why is THIS week supposed to be so bad? The worst week ever? Is .gov really that good? Nah, I don't buy it.
I think Seattle was actually ground zero. I may be wrong. But the state jumped on it early and flattened the curve, as it were. New York, not so much. And the results speak for themselves

Here's one example. THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE..

This is why I've said over and over on this site, that having this virus during the election year changes everything and it's hard to navigate our perspectives. But this article below is being launched in my opinion because the libs want to shut down the vote till they find a better candidate.

As evidenced in Wisconsin yesterday, it's not the libs shutting down the vote.

Here's my giant question. Hospitals are printers of money. I got to believe after working with them over 20 years that they will fire back up elective surgeries ASAP! Is someone demanding them to not do this? Even after they are allegedly not seeing much Covid patients come in.

Here's my giant question. Hospitals are printers of money. I got to believe after working with them over 20 years that they will fire back up elective surgeries ASAP! Is someone demanding them to not do this? Even after they are allegedly not seeing much Covid patients come in.

It'll be a while before elective surgeries/procedures spool up. I hope anyways.

We've been short in our department all week, by a third staff wise.

Thankfully patient census is down, simply due to the hold on electives. Pretty gosh darned busy at times, even with census down, but still in a safe zone.

No need to be a Richard in your response to me. I do note you only appear to have commented on what we are doing now. I did not ask about now. I asked why we did not respond the same way in previous seasons when death rates were higher. No worries though, Bolus actually took the time to (1) read and understand my ofd question and (2) provide a reasoned and well thought odd reply.

Death rates weren't higher.

This virus is much more deadly than the common flu. If you haven't understood that to-date, there's not much more to state.

It'll be a while before elective surgeries/procedures spool up. I hope anyways.

We've been short in our department all week, by a third staff wise.

Thankfully patient census is down, simply due to the hold on electives. Pretty gosh darned busy at times, even with census down, but still in a safe zone.

I'm one of those waiting on an "elective" surgery. I put that in quotes because it's elective for now, until it becomes an emergency. And also because who ever really wants to get surgery..

I have it on very good advice OHSU and Salem Hospital are just about empty.

This virus is much more deadly than the common flu. If you haven't understood that to-date, there's not much more to state.

In relative terms, you're right, covid is close to 10x more lethal.

But in absolute terms it's going from one-tenth of one percent (a tenth of a penny) to one percent (a penny). So my odds of actually contracting it are low, and my odds of recovering are around 99%. Send me to Vegas with those odds and I'll shut the place the down.

P

I am curious about those 731 deaths in one day. The reason being is yesterday I read a report stating in some areas of concentration the number one killers like heart disease, cancer, obesity death reports have declined sharply and CV1984 has risen. If a person with a compromised system is one step away from death's door, is it honest to claim that shove from CV was the cause of death?
It's definitely not honest, but it is politically expedient.
I find it disheartening that so many here will take the word of the CDC as gospel. You know, the CDC, those bastions of wisdom that consider gang members in Chicago shooting each other to be a public health emergency.

Where are you getting your information, or should I believe you without asking?
Perhaps I get my info from the wrong source?

For Example, WORLDWIDE DEATHS to date are 87,292

Last time I checked that data it was less than 60,000, hence my statement that in 2017-2018 USA flu deaths exceeded current worldwide CV related deaths, but you come off as if I'm full of crap. The following is the historical from CDC which I referenced.

Please show me how I am wrong as you claim. I've been wrong before and am not above being wrong again.
Thanks.
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.47.31 AM.png

I see those who quit (or were blocked due to insulting behavior) nagging everyone in the official thread like to make their own. That's cool.

Look, if this is just a cold, and we're all being lied to, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and go find a way to get infected yourself.

Then come back here after you recover and say you told us so.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

I see those who quit (or were blocked due to insulting behavior) nagging everyone in the official thread like to make their own. That's cool.

Look, if this is just a cold, and we're all being lied to, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and go find a way to get infected yourself.

Then come back here after you recover and say you told us so.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:
Did someone in this thread say CV is just a cold?
I must have missed it. But I guess this is the point in asking questions where insults start to flow

Did someone in this thread say CV is just a cold?
I must have missed it. But I guess this is the point in asking questions where insults start to flow
Almost all of your posts in this thread and the others you used to frequent regarding COVID-19 certainly insinuate as much, but I'm not singling you out at all, I've read posts by others that verbatim say we're being lied to about the severity of this disease, and it's just the flu, just a cold, etc.

No insult meant in any way, but I'm serious when I say, if this is NBD then go ahead and show us yourself.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads