JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most credible pathologists do not agree with you, testing and tracking is the only way to know how big a problem this is and how professionals need to respond / treat , control the spread , and when we will reach herd immunity.

I can't agree with the assumption oh let's just not test. That isn't sound science or a good strategy here

Here, for you and the pathologists:
1. "testing and tracking is the only way to know how big a problem this" - 731 deaths in one day in one city. I think we can conclude no further study is needed to determine how big a problem this is.
2. "how professionals need to respond / treat" - Support ventilation and vitals, scientists need to develop a vaccine and they currently have plenty of specimens for testing, no need for more sick people.
3. "control the spread" - Stay the bubblegum home. Medical providers need ample protective equipment.
4. "when we will reach herd immunity" - When we get a vaccine we can do this without spreading the full blown illness. But then again, people will be dips hits and start to not believe in vaccines again, so never. We will never reach herd immunity.

And for the guy who is wondering why the world didn't shut down when he got the flu a couple years ago...I say again:
731 deaths in one day in one city. I'm sorry you got so sick, but this particular virus is not the same as what you got back then. I'm glad you are still with us.

OK
So the hospital ship sent to NYC was supposed to only handle Non Covid cases, right?
I would have assumed the local hospitals would have evacuated their Non-Covid cases to the Hospital ship to free up beds and protect the Non-Covid cases from getting it. Am I still on track here?
So, in all the hospitals of NYC, there weren't 1000 Non-Covid patients to put on the Mercy? Is that why they started taking Covid cases?
What am I missing?:confused:

As for testing. I've been wondering why not do like a snapshot of regions.

Set up at Costco for a day and take anonymous tests. This would just give a snapshot of a small sample size but it wouldn't be biased toward people with symptoms ... although as I type this out, it occurs to me it could be biased the other direction where the assumption could be symptomatic people would not be out and about.

Any how, was just thinking something like that could help trying to figure out just how many asymptomatic hosts there are

OK
So the hospital ship sent to NYC was supposed to only handle Non Covid cases, right?
I would have assumed the local hospitals would have evacuated their Non-Covid cases to the Hospital ship to free up beds and protect the Non-Covid cases from getting it. Am I still on track here?
So, in all the hospitals of NYC, there weren't 1000 Non-Covid patients to put on the Mercy? Is that why they started taking Covid cases?
What am I missing?:confused:

I guess that when you are a patient in a covid hospital whose staff doesn't have PPE, it's very likely that you're going to get covid.

That's a helluva note. but you're probably right.:(

I also read that there's some additional bureaucracy that gets in the way with the ships taking new patients. Before they can go to the boat, they need to test negative for covid - that takes several days of that patient being at the covid hospital before they can go over to the ship. Again, several days of exposure.

It's a good idea, but sounds like its a logistical nightmare.

I just want to take a moment to say, thank you everyone who is not breathing down each other's neck, covers their cough, and washes hands regularly.
Please continue these habits.

Because if we didn't do anything at all, 1 million people could have died.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

The more you know:s0037:...
No need to be a Richard in your response to me. I do note you only appear to have commented on what we are doing now. I did not ask about now. I asked why we did not respond the same way in previous seasons when death rates were higher. No worries though, Bolus actually took the time to (1) read and understand my ofd question and (2) provide a reasoned and well thought odd reply.

1. "testing and tracking is the only way to know how big a problem this" - 731 deaths in one day in one city. I think we can conclude no further study is needed to determine how big a problem this is.
2. "how professionals need to respond / treat" - Support ventilation and vitals, scientists need to develop a vaccine and they currently have plenty of specimens for testing, no need for more sick people.
3. "control the spread" - Stay the bubblegum home. Medical providers need ample protective equipment.
4. "when we will reach herd immunity" - When we get a vaccine we can do this without spreading the full blown illness. But then again, people will be dips hits and start to not believe in vaccines again, so never. We will never reach herd immunity.

And for the guy who is wondering why the world didn't shut down when he got the flu a couple years ago...I say again:
731 deaths in one day in one city. I'm sorry you got so sick, but this particular virus is not the same as what you got back then. I'm glad you are still with us.
I am curious about those 731 deaths in one day. The reason being is yesterday I read a report stating in some areas of concentration the number one killers like heart disease, cancer, obesity death reports have declined sharply and CV1984 has risen. If a person with a compromised system is one step away from death's door, is it honest to claim that shove from CV was the cause of death?

If someone can't buy the fact that governments want to control our every move, then it's hard to have a conversation with that individual....
That is easy to do with a spread of misinformation, fear mongering and a complicate media. When our govenor was ask last week during his CV1984 announcement, a reporter asked how this would be enforced; he said peer pressure will take care of that. I've seen this 'peer pressure' at work here and on FB where otherwise friendly enthusiasts are at each other's throats. It makes me wonder how truly bad it would get if something worse like an EMP or CME happened. Fear does terrible things to people.

I can't say this enough , but you're wrong this is a bad approach you've advocated . You are making some incorrect assumptions that no data scientist will make let alone a pathologist.

For everyone else here if you want some good insights into how to properly handle this I highly recommend Watching Dr. Chris Martenson's Peak Prosperity YouTube Channel. He has been covering this since it first came on the radar , he is pathologist with a PhD and has authored several peer reviewed medical papers.

He breaks this down for the individual in such a manner that it can be easily understood. Furthermore for those that keep advocating this is the flu , please stop it's not. The available data suggests its not , and its far easier to spread and presents more complications than the flu.

Here's one example. THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE..

This is why I've said over and over on this site, that having this virus during the election year changes everything and it's hard to navigate our perspectives. But this article below is being launched in my opinion because the libs want to shut down the vote till they find a better candidate.

Last Edited:
If someone can't buy the fact that governments want to control our every move, then it's hard to have a conversation with that individual....

Believe me when I say no one is more mistrustful of the government than I am , BUT spreading FUD is not going to help this situation.

This virus business is something that has not been dealt with by any in our lifetimes. Hell it wasn't experienced by my grandparents in their lives. 1920 was the last time people dealt with this level of a medical problem.

Go do some reading about what happened between 1918 and 1920 , it's a fascinating read.

Last Edited:
Believe me when I say no one is more mistrustful of the government than I am , BUT spreading FUD is not going to help this situation.

This virus business is something that has not been dealt with by any in our lifetimes. Hell it wasn't experienced by my grandparents in their lives. 1920 was the last time people deal with this level of a medical problem.

Go do some reading about what happened between 1918 and 1920 , it's a fascinating read.
What's a FUd?
I know what a spud is. But not a fud

This virus business is something that has not been dealt with by any in our lifetimes. Hell it wasn't experienced by my grandparents in their lives. 1920 was the last time people deal with this level of a medical problem.

There is an interesting documentary about said that is posted here.

What's a FUd?

I wouldn't presume to speak for 03A3Sporter, but FUD usually means "fear uncertainty and doubt".

What's a FUd?
Fear , Uncertainty and Doubt... It doesn't help anything at all and honestly the government is already in every aspect of your life , if you think they needed the virus to get in there , you're way behind the times. That happened the minute we stepped into the information age (aka the age of the Internet)

Fear , Uncertainty and Doubt... It doesn't help anything at all and honestly the government is already in every aspect of your life , if you think they needed the virus to get in there , you're way behind the times. That happened the minute we stepped into the information age (aka the age of the Internet)
I see.
Well I know what FOMO is.
I also know of what it means to say no to the government with a barrel in there face. And I'm just a white collar dude. Imagine how many red necks feel the way I do.

So CV is real and deadly. Unlike any contagion we have dealt with previously...not so hard to accept. This is one side of the coin.

The other side of the coin some of us are struggling with is the world governments using this as an opportunity for overreach into the lives and liberties of people.

Am I a tin foiler? Not really. But when I read Kissinger's comment many years ago about how the masses could be marched into the arms of the one world gov, I can't ignore the fact certain world leaders are using bad things to get to their endgame...for example:

Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government
Henry A. Kissinger

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads