JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The say "not yet" when the facts are simply "not"...but using "not yet" allows the TV watchers to find a measure of comfort in their promulgated fear mongering.

This whole thing plays out like a somewhat well written movie. Hmmm.......

I've asked this question several times and not seen a direct answer:

WHY DID NO ONE SHUT DOWN THE PLANET IN 2017-2018 WHEN 60+ THOUSAND AMERICANS DIED FROM THE FLU...AND WHY DID NONE OF THOSE POSTING IN THE 2000 POST CV THREAD EMOTE THE SAME WAY...BACK THEN when I personally suffered through that same flu that killed more than our dear CV-1984 has worldwide.

Same. And same.

You didn't pick your number:

Pick one. Just one. Or heck pick a range if you'd like.

Go on.

You don't mind bandying about others demise, so just go ahead and let folks know how many is "good" to you, before you may PERHAPS see that there MIGHT be a problem that folks (the world over) are all telling fanciful stories about.

Yes, everyone across the globe are just making this up to shut down global economies.

You are correct.

Absolutely.
This is the strangest thing to me. Each time you reply to me it's like you have absolutely NO idea what I meant by why I typed...it's like you have a pre-conceived notion and reply in a way that has nothing to do with what I asked. How can I make my question simpler?

Edited to add:
You said: "

You don't mind bandying about others demise, so just go ahead and let folks know how many is "good" to you, before you may PERHAPS see that there MIGHT be a problem that folks (the world over) are all telling fanciful stories about"

Where the hell did I bandy about anyone's demise? I'm pointing out that during the dates I mentioned, nobody here including YOU called for the world to shut down...were those victims back then of no value? How about you take your own strange advice and tell me how many dead would have been enough for you, back then, to shut things down...then. Apparently 60k was not enough...for you.

Last Edited:
This is the strangest thing to me. Each time you reply to me it's like you have absolutely NO idea what I meant by why I typed...it's like you have a pre-conceived notion and reply in a way that has nothing to do with what I asked. How can I make my question simpler?

It's quite simple.

Those folks whom succumb to other disorders will and are continuing to do so.

My question is in regards to what number is ACCEPTABLE to you. Before you recognize there is a problem.

That's ON TOP of all of the other fatalities (from everything else).

It's not a complicated question. You just simply chose to ignore it.

A virus won't. It doesn't care.

I hate seeing people get sick. Even worse If they pass away.
But shutting down the world economy does more damage then this virus. Most everyone lives paycheck to paycheck and has major debt.

Last Edited:
It's quite simple.

My question is in regards to what number is ACCEPTABLE to you. Before you recognize there is a problem.

Please read the edited part of my last post and you tell me.

No deaths are acceptable to me. I'm just trying to figure out WHY NOW we have such a response, but not previously when things were worse.

Please read the edited part of my last post and you tell me.

No deaths are acceptable to me. I'm just trying to figure out WHY NOW we have such a response, but not previously when things were worse.

.gov testing the waters? I think a statistic they are measuring but not talking about at all is compliance. Maybe even the one they care about the most?

Interesting?

So 1st person "in charge" says I know let's start a pretend global pandemic!

2ns person "in charge" says YES!

1st person "in charge" we can shut most the country down and cause a potential second great depression.

2nd person "in charge" says YES!

1st person "in charge" Let's take away all sports, peoples jobs, and encourage them to stay home!

2nd person "in charge" says...... You guessed it YES!

So this is what happened? Im sure I am making this simple but just trying to understand how the he!! people think this is not a concerning issue?

Interesting?

So 1st person "in charge" says I know let's start a pretend global pandemic!

2ns person "in charge" says YES!

1st person "in charge" we can shut most the country down and cause a potential second great depression.

2nd person "in charge" says YES!

1st person "in charge" Let's take away all sports, peoples jobs, and encourage them to stay home!

2nd person "in charge" says...... You guessed it YES!

So this is what happened? Im sure I am making this simple but just trying to understand how the he!! people think this is not a concerning issue?

It IS concerning. Make no mistake. But it's also a little too "coordinated" and I think it's our DUTY as Americans to question our government instead of following along like good little sheep....

It IS concerning. Make no mistake. But it's also a little too "coordinated" and I think it's our DUTY as Americans to question our government instead of following along like good little sheep....
This is my concern, but our buddy here is accusing me of something for which I have no guilt. I've seen this behavior on other social media platforms where anyone questions the narrative is attacked or marginalized with eloquent words that carry very liitle in the way critical thought. Heck, in Idaho we have this bullbubblegum add running where the speaker says; "how many did you accidentally kill today, please stay home and keep others safe"....WTF??

It's quite simple.

As far as numbers, how many families are you willing to allow to be destroyed to save those people. How many liberties are you willing to give up with nothing more than the word of politicians that you might get them back?

New York was JUST "ground zero" for spreading it. Now all of a sudden they have peaked? And why is THIS week supposed to be so bad? The worst week ever? Is .gov really that good? Nah, I don't buy it.

New York was JUST "ground zero" for spreading it. Now all of a sudden they have peaked? And why is THIS week supposed to be so bad? The worst week ever? Is .gov really that good? Nah, I don't buy it.
Peaked because the flu season peaks at this time EVERY FREAKING YEAR.

Coordinated? Things are constantly changing day by day sometimes by the hour.

I'm defiantly not following along blindly like a sheepeople but taking in the facts. Personally the facts do concern me, can't make anybody change there mind but PERSONALLY the facts concern me.

The problem with testing everyone is that if you are not symptomatic and get tested, you get your negative result and think that means something. All it means is that you did not have covid 7 days ago when you got swabbed.

I think you meant to say something else, the test has nothing to do with someone being symptomatic. When they do the swab they are checking for the presence of the virus , the virus can be present even if you do not have any symptoms, they've also established that you be contagious as far as 10 after you have recovered from the virus yourself.

So yes we need to test on a wide scale basis

Our hospitals are ready for the unfortunate casualties and load from the yearly flu season that we have been experiencing for thousands of years now. Along with the other reasons folks require hospitalizations. Its more an issue of hospitals at capacity running as a for profit business , and business as usual now having a new "virus" that causes a potential sudden increase of required resources that arent available if numbers increase too rapidly. We may have to live with this new virus in the future and go back to normal, but our healthcare system will just have to increase load capacity to handle the yearly increase in patients. Time will tell, I'm just glad we can think freely and have civil conversations with differing views, unlike some countries on this planet.

So yes we need to test on a wide scale basis

Agreed. So ask yourself this...why are so many people not being tested? Even people that are specifically asking are being blown off and told no. If this thing is as big a deal as .gov says, why NOT test on a wide scale? And before anyone says it's a lack of test kits that's straight up BS. They have drive through testing stations and now tests that give results in an hour.

I've asked this question several times and not seen a direct answer:

WHY DID NO ONE SHUT DOWN THE PLANET IN 2017-2018 WHEN 60+ THOUSAND AMERICANS DIED FROM THE FLU...AND WHY DID NONE OF THOSE POSTING IN THE 2000 POST CV THREAD EMOTE THE SAME WAY...BACK THEN when I personally suffered through that same flu that killed more than our dear CV-1984 has worldwide.

I'll try. So we see something brewing in China 4 months ago. we see leaked videos of Chinese doctors screaming the hospitals are overwhelmed, people in hazmat suits running next to a gurney in the middle of the street. What appear to be dead bodies in hospital hallways. Then we start to get reports that chinese doctors who were reporting a new infection outbreak and being told to publicly take back what they said and deny an outbreak. Shortly after that the doctor dies. About this time a giant Chinese city gets locked down and videos show people being welded into their apartment buildings. WHO, at a time we dont yet realize are corrupted by the Chinese, tell us that China reports the virus is not spread person to person. What?

So early on we are getting a picture of some sort of horror movie outbreak in China that they are desperately trying to cover up and we are getting a ton of mixed messages. But it is easy to see the cover up and that strikes a ton of fear. Some information starts to leak. Physicians and healthcare workers in China are dying. The early mortality rate being reported out of China for those on a ventilator is 97%. Can we believe it or not? Is it fake or real? who knows it is China.

Shortly there after we hear of a patient in Seattle that is in isolation and doctors are talking to the patient with a robot. A outbreak occurs in Iran and they coverup starts there as well until a ton of government officials get sick. Cant hide that. Soon Italy is reporting cases. In a course of 9 days they go from complaining about tourists not coming to Italy to Shutting the entire country down. 9 days. Hospitals are overwhelmed

Now at this point I start listening to reports from physicians in Italy. I trust what they are saying way more than china. They are overwhelmed. They are overwhelmed so fast that they are letting older patients die to try and save younger ones. They are not even trying to resuscitated people who die because they dont have enough staff to even take care of the still living patients. Doctors start to die. They are begging the rest of the world to take this seriously.

We still had a chance to contain this at this point but everyone from the state health departments up to the CDC and the president proceed to sh*t the bed and do nothing.

Now flu we know. We know what it does, who it kills, how it kills and what to expect. We dont shut the world down every year for flu because we know what to expect. We have a vaccine, 50% of people dont get it, Many still thinks it causes autism. We have a treatment for it. Many of us would not die from flu if we took the prevention and treatment seriously. But people believe Jenny McCarthy over their doctor so what can we do?

Now covid, we dont know. We got unreliable information out of China where it looked so much worse. That's all we had to go on at first. We did not know how it kills, who it kills, what rate it kills. Add to that, China was and is still trying to cover everything up. For all we know this is airborne rabies-like virus and its killing 80% of everyone, At that point we dont know. We dont have a vaccine, we dont have any immunity what so ever, we dont have a treatment. Jenny McCarthy is no where to be found.

So do we take that early information and say "its just flu" and let it infect 60% of the world and kill as many as it appeared it was doing in China or do we shut things down until we know what we are dealing with better? We shut things down. Well, we should have 3 months ago.

Its killing physicians in the US, it is killing residents in their 30's who are asked to take care of these patients because they are younger. When I was in medical school and training, I never heard of residents and physicians dying taking care of patients. I'm sure it happened but not at this rate. This is not flu. No one has immunity.

If you heard some loud growling outside your house in the middle of the night with trees falling over and your Chinese neighbors are screaming its a monster, do you leave your doors open and say they are bluffing and its just raccoons? Or do you lock up, arm yourself, board up the windows and prepare for a fight and wait for the sun to come up to see what it really is?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads