JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The say "not yet" when the facts are simply "not"...but using "not yet" allows the TV watchers to find a measure of comfort in their promulgated fear mongering.

How many folks should die needlessly before someone thinks "yup, there might ACTUALLY be a problem?"

Then asks "Why didn't anyone do something about it?"

10,000?

20,000?

50,000?

How many?

How many folks should die needlessly before someone thinks "yup, there might ACTUALLY be a problem?"

Then asks "Why didn't anyone do something about it?"

10,000?

20,000?

50,000?

How many?
I know.
Why didn't anyone do anything, like shut down the planet and create a 2000 post thread during the past several years when more AMERICANS died from the flu than have died worldwide from CV-1984.

I know.
Why didn't anyone do anything, like shut down the planet and create a 2000 post thread during the past several years when more AMERICANS died from the flu than have died worldwide from CV-1984.

Ah, I see.

So all those folks whom succumb to the flu simply stop doing so.

Gotcha.

Makes perfect sense.

Ah, I see.

So all those folks whom succumb to the flu simply stop doing so.

Gotcha.

Makes perfect sense.
Okay before this goes off the chain, I don't believe you took the time to understand my point. You are a smart guy, read my post, think about the fact that I am simply making a point that people die every year from the flu...in HUGE numbers. Perhaps we can agree with that? So my point is, if we are ALL as concerned today with CV-1984 and agree the planet must be shut down, WHY were we not concerned in previous years?

Edited:
In 2017-2018 when 61,000 Americans died from the flu, I am one who actually was affected by that flu. I was sicker than I ever had been in my entire life. I coughed for about 3-months after and have never really recovered from some of that damage. And to top that off, the VP of our company who came to town and accidentally infected us, wiped out our entire office.
No body shut down the planet then...nobody here cared enough about me or the 61000 Americans who died to make a 2000 contentious post thread.

Last Edited:
Okay before this goes off the chain, I don't believe you took the time to understand my point. You are a smart guy, read my post, think about the fact that I am simply making a point that people die every year from the flu...in HUGE numbers. Perhaps we can agree with that? So my point is, if we are ALL as concerned today with CV-1984 and agree the planet must be shut down, WHY were we not concerned in previous years?

Numbers, complications & problem stacking. Simplified. Way over simplified.

Here is my take - this virus seems to be about 5% mortality rate once you get it - significantly higher than the yearly flu bug - not taking precautions up front could kill a lot more individuals than the flu. I for one do not wish to find out how bad it could get if precautions are no taken. I don't think we know how bad this can get yet and probably wont till its over.

My girlfriend works for one of the largest hospital networks in the PDX metro area. They have 40 cases total in all eight facilities. Granted this can change, but hardly overwhelmed at this point.

The problem is and I am specifically speaking about Oregon but it does apply to other states as well. They ( the state) is not even testing properly. I know two different people now who were tested as positive for this virus, and they did not even test the families of those individuals or notify everyone who came into contact with them. One individual told me when their family member was tested positive they called to get tested and were told "we're not going to test you" just monitor yourself and let us know how you're doing.

That is not the proper protocol for tracking a epidemic or pandemic and we won't know how many have been infected so we can't properly track case resolutions, or know when the population has reached herd immunity.

This is a massive bubblegum show of epic proportions IMO. Apologies for the strong language, but this is not how you manage disease outbreaks in a first world country.

The problem is and I am specifically speaking about Oregon but it does apply to other states as well. They ( the state) is not even testing properly. I know two different people now who were tested as positive for this virus, and they did not even test the families of those individuals or notify everyone who came into contact with them. One individual told me when their family member was tested positive they called to get tested and were told "we're not going to test you" just monitor yourself and let us know how you're doing.

That is not the proper protocol for tracking a epidemic or pandemic and we won't know how many have been infected so we can't properly track case resolutions, or know when the population has reached herd immunity.

This is a massive bubblegum show of epic proportions IMO. Apologies for the strong language, but this is not how you manage disease outbreaks in a first world country.
You mean like the CDC saying that any death that MIGHT be COVID-19-related should be listed as a COVID-19 death, whether there is any evidence or not??

Here is my take - this virus seems to be about 5% mortality rate once you get it - significantly higher than the yearly flu bug - not taking precautions up front could kill a lot more individuals than the flu. I for one do not wish to find out how bad it could get if precautions are no taken. I don't think we know how bad this can get yet and probably wont till its over.

Isn't the inherent problem with that reasoning that 'scientists' have admitted many people may show minimal if any symptoms at all. Therefore, the mortality rate is rather unknown, but significantly smaller than being reported because reports are not including the unknown data, which is the people who have it, but remain largely unaffected by it.

Isn't the inherent problem with that reasoning that 'scientists' have admitted many people may shoe minimal if any symptoms at all. Therefore, the mortality rate is rather unknown, but significantly smaller than being reported because reports are not including the unknown data, which is the people who have it, but remain largely unaffected by it.
There is a lot unknown and we only know of those reported. The number reported versus the number that passed on. I will be the first that it seems like we are missing a lot of details.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top