JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious why those on either side are defending their position so strongly when we still don't have all the facts?

Most Government Agencies have been speaking out of both sides of there mouth...so yeah it's a bit challenging to eat the slop they've been dishing out.

Now I've pissed off both sides equally..my work here is done...:s0140:

Curious why those on either side are defending their position so strongly when we still don't have all the facts?

Most Government Agencies have been speaking out of both sides of there mouth...so yeah it's a bit challenging to eat the slop they've been dishing out.

We don't have all the facts, but we have some of them, such as the hospitals in many countries including this one overrun with serious cases of CV-19. We can see for ourselves the refrigerated truck trailers in NY getting stacked with bodies off a forklift.

I think that's enough facts to know this isn't something to trifle with... but that's just me, maybe others need to actually "put their fingers into the spear hole" before they'll be satisfied. That's OK too, I just don't want to be lectured by them that we're overreacting as a soceity.

I think that's enough facts to know this isn't something to trifle with... but that's just me, maybe others need to actually "put their fingers into the spear hole" before they'll be satisfied. That's OK too, I just don't want to be lectured by them that we're overreacting as a soceity.
I believe what most are questioning is "the cure is worse than the virus"

At some point, we do need to look at our economy because that won't just reinvent itself overnight.

I know.
Why didn't anyone do anything, like shut down the planet and create a 2000 post thread during the past several years when more AMERICANS died from the flu than have died worldwide from CV-1984.
I tend to agree with you - what's different this time is we are supposed to believe that because this is a novel virus - new, no immunity - that it is different. Mabye the officials know more than they want to say to stop panic? maybe it is just another flu that they have to figure out... short of one of us smart people buying the necessary lab equipment, capturing some samples, and doing the analysis - I suppose you have to assume the worse.

And I don't need to be lectured by "them" that I have to accept every faked news report, every BS "statistic", every cherry-picked anecdote, every CDC lie, every fear-mongering government press release, and every "The end of the world is nigh!!" hysterical proclamation in order to save the world.

And I don't need to be lectured by "them" that I have to accept every faked news report, every BS "statistic", every cherry-picked anecdote, every CDC lie, every fear-mongering government press release, and every "The end of the world is nigh!!" hysterical proclamation in order to save the world.
Well said.

But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Almost all of your posts in this thread and the others you used to frequent regarding COVID-19 certainly insinuate as much, but I'm not singling you out at all, I've read posts by others that verbatim say we're being lied to about the severity of this disease, and it's just the flu, just a cold, etc.

No insult meant in any way, but I'm serious when I say, if this is NBD then go ahead and show us yourself.
Fair enough. I apologize for coming off wrong and appearing to insult anyone along the way. I've been told in the past that I ask too many questions, but it has kept me out of trouble.

@308
I just want to say that these habits pushed by the CDC and Executive Branch are the same habits I enact every flu season. No I don't stay indoors nor wear face masks, but the rest I do.
I was hit by the 2017-2018 flu as well, and I slept for 3 days straight I was so ill. I probably should have seen a doctor. I didn't recover fully for two months, and still had mild congestion.

To everyone, please continue your habits after the pandemic, we can crush the regular flu this way too!

I tend to agree with you - what's different this time is we are supposed to believe that because this is a novel virus - new, no immunity - that it is different. Mabye the officials know more than they want to say to stop panic? maybe it is just another flu that they have to figure out... short of one of us smart people buying the necessary lab equipment, capturing some samples, and doing the analysis - I suppose you have to assume the worse.
just sayin'.... this is not a flu. It is an acute respiratory syndrome. (ARDS)

Screenshot_20200408-130546.png

I would hope that most people would agree with acting according to this: "I have my opinions. I base them on my experiences and interpretations of facts. I reserve the right to change my opinion when presented with new facts or interpretations that I had not previously considered."

Fair enough. I apologize for coming off wrong and appearing to insult anyone along the way. I've been told in the past that I ask too many questions, but it has kept me out of trouble.

Ask as many questions as you want. I realize that most people don't want to read through a 200+ page post over at the official thread - which is why early on, Joe put a link to post #1 up at the top and I volunteered to try to keep the most relevant stuff there. There's so much news that it's quite hard to do, but there is still some good info there. That's really the best solution at this point given forum functionality.

The response to what I'll call "the flu comparison" has been posted many times in thread and continues to be posted because, it seems, we go about 10 or so pages and someone new to the thread posts the question. I have added a response to it in post #1. @bolus and other medically trained members have contributed quite a bit, and if it's their posts you'd like to focus on then I would ask you to search that post by user. @RicInOR has done an admirable job of posting news and was the only one to PM with information they'd like to see in Post #1 when I requested what sorts of info people wanted to see.

Many, many others have contributed and I'd encourage you to scroll through some pages just looking at headlines and following articles out. I wish there was an easier way to segregate links to news vs commentary, but there really isn't.

But, if you do have other questions, I can almost guarantee that they've already been asked and answered in that colossal thread. I'd also bet on others having the same questions. These are the things that I'd like to bring to that Post #1 so that people don't have to go digging. I try to keep up with the massive thread but also just had a workday's worth of DayCare tossed onto my already full workday. So, if there's something you think belongs in Post #1, be it question or answer, please PM me or @Hueco me in thread. Thanks,

Sorry I missed all the previous Kumbaya. Thats what happens when you step away from the computer into REAL life for awhile!
Can't we all just get along! -Rodney King

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top