JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The amount of speculation, hearsay, conjecture, and outright misinformation on just page one of this thread boggles my brain.

Let me ask you a question folks, at what point in time did your "personal freedoms" become more important than protecting yourself and literally everyone around you from an easily preventable virus by getting a free shot in the arm? Seriously! I was under the impression that we left the crybaby crap to the liberals.
This is a great opportunity for you to use the ignore thread button if this thread is bothering you.

"There have been great variations of these restrictions. Countries like Australia and New Zealand have locked people in. Then we have, for example, Sweden on the other hand which has had virtually no restrictions, and no closure of schools, shops or offices. No masks have ever been mandated.

I have spent part of the summer in Sweden and it has been refreshing to see people conduct their lives normally. You hardly ever see anyone wearing a mask anywhere. The Swedish government doesn't get involved and instead it is the health officials who decide. The Chief Epidemiologist Tegnell in Sweden has conducted a non-intervention policy, telling the people to take their own precautions. He doesn't consider that masks fulfil any purpose either but rather that they have a negative effect. Quite a contrast to Australia. When it comes to infections and deaths, Sweden has fared better than many countries."

"As regards treatment of Covid, conventional medicine has had very limited success. But sadly, alternative treatments are totally suppressed. This despite major parts of India and Central Africa having used Ivermectin with almost 100% success and virtually eliminated Covid. Some hospital doctors in the US have also used Ivermectin with great results."
Most of the treatments they are using right now to treat covid are being used under a emergency use authorizations.

Here is the current list of drugs/therapies, you will note that none of these are approved for treatment of covid19 they are only being allowed to be used under EUA. Take a look through this list and check out the cost and history of these drugs and therapies. They are all very expensive and some have been dangerous even causing death in many patients.

Last Edited:
Let me ask you a question folks, at what point in time did your "personal freedoms" become more important than protecting yourself and literally everyone around you from an easily preventable virus by getting a free shot in the arm?
I was not born into this world to care about other people (or pay for them).

Just like I don't expect you to care about me. You owe me nothing.

I'll care about other people when I feel like it, not when you insist.

As for protecting myself, listening to lying politicians who defended BLM riots and talk down on average Joes like me as "deplorable" that now implore and compel me to submit to forced vaccination....now they can go eff off.

This is a great opportunity for you to use the ignore thread button if this thread is bothering you.
Classic double think, thinks he is free after being forced to take the jab.

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them."

― George Orwell,

The amount of speculation, hearsay, conjecture, and outright misinformation on just page one of this thread boggles my brain.

Let me ask you a question folks, at what point in time did your "personal freedoms" become more important than protecting yourself and literally everyone around you from an easily preventable virus by getting a free shot in the arm? Seriously! I was under the impression that we left the crybaby crap to the liberals.

Dumbest thing I have read today.

"Ivermectin was invented 50 years ago against parasite infestations. Over 4.5 billion doses have been given and the creator received the Nobel prize. Still the WHO, Big Pharma and Western governments refuse to even test Ivermectin against Covid. It is too cheap to produce and compete with the vaccines."

While you are resting realize you are still having to wear a mask and still living under covid regulations even though you got the first two jabs. As you get more jabs nothing will change.

"Ivermectin was invented 50 years ago against parasite infestations. Over 4.5 billion doses have been given and the creator received the Nobel prize. Still the WHO, Big Pharma and Western governments refuse to even test Ivermectin against Covid. It is too cheap to produce and compete with the vaccines."

While you are resting realize you are still having to wear a mask and still living under covid regulations even though you got the first two jabs. As you get more jabs nothing will change.

Classic double think, thinks he is free after being forced to take the jab.

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them."

― George Orwell,
Nobody forced me to get vaccinated. I did it because I care about the health & well-being of myself, my family, and my fellow man. Getting vaccinated against this virus is no different than getting vaccinated against other easily preventable illnesses. Politics had absolutely nothing to do with my decision.

And I repeat, I was under the impression that we as conservative gun owners always take the high road and leave all the crybaby crap in the hands of the libs. I see I was wrong.

Nobody forced me to get vaccinated. I did it because I care about the health & well-being of myself, my family, and my fellow man. Getting vaccinated against this virus is no different than getting vaccinated against other easily preventable illnesses. Politics had absolutely nothing to do with my decision.

And I repeat, I was under the impression that we as conservative gun owners always take the high road and leave all the crybaby crap in the hands of the libs. I see I was wrong.
Admission is the first step.

It's difficult to reply and still stay excellent but I will try. Adults don't call people cry babies if they want to be excellent in communication. It's an ugly thing to say that is right out of gradeschool and unworthy of posting.

You got the jab so why do you care if others don't get it? You are safe and protected? It's too late for buyers remorse and you can't give the jab back so why do you think others should get the jab?

A virus with a survival rate of 99% (and very near 100% when you remove deaths among individuals with severe co-morbidities) is not something I feel compelled to protect "my fellow man" over. Certainly not at the expense of my own personal freedoms.

For how many years have we all ran around spreading numerous cold viruses and flu viruses and who knows what else? Much like a mass shooting, COVID-19 has simply been sensationalized. It has a scary name, it spread rapidly and without any real warning, it has contributed to a lot of (over reported) deaths in a short period of time, etc…this made it a natural opportunity for fear-mongering politicians and the media to exert new levels of control over us peasants.

The restriction on personal liberties in response to COVID-19 has far outweighed the actual threat posed by the virus. The worst part is that our "leaders" were successful in mobilizing people like you, "my fellow man," in attacking, policing, and shaming those of us who are simply exercising our Constitutionally granted rights. Really sounds familiar, doesn't it?

For the record, I have no problem with the vaccines and think that for individuals with more risk-factors, it makes a lot of sense. At the end of the day, if you feel the vaccine is for you then get it and be happy.

Sadly, people like you are unhappy that some of us will not be good little comrades for Mother Russia America because you bought into the narrative that vaccines will make everything normal again. You want to walk into stores without a mask and get up to go the bathroom at your favorite restaurant without needing to remember your government dictated uniform.

The dreaded unvaccinated are ruining everything for you, and so we just need to comply and essentially sign a letter of approval to almost two years now of government overreach. I can't think of anything more American than that 🙄

It's difficult to reply and still stay excellent but I will try. Adults don't call people cry babies if they want to be excellent in communication. It's an ugly thing to say that is right out of gradeschool and unworthy of posting.

You got the jab so why do you care if others don't get it? You are safe and protected? It's too late for buyers remorse and you can't give the jab back so why do you think others should get the jab?
Grow up man, and don't give any of this, "pot calling the kettle black" b.s. I don't buy it.

Yeah, I got the jab, and I care if other people get it because even though I'm not an immunologist, I'm still smart enough to grasp the very basic concept of herd immunity and how it works.

I have read that those who have been vaccinated are worried that those who have not (like myself) are going to allow the virus to mutate in to a variant that can breakthrough the vaccine. I suspect the virus will mutate regardless and the vaccine makers will be right there with a new vaccine to help prevent breakthrough. The virus has already defeated the current vaccines in many cases causing illness and death. Like it or not the only way to assure a more complete shield of protection would be total isolation. At this point odds appear to be very low that a person will get seriously sick from covid and death is even more remote.

I think we need to start focusing on the pros of covid. For example Social security may be strengthened by having to make less payouts. Elder care cost may drop and openings in nursing homes may open up.

Getting vaccinated against this virus is no different than getting vaccinated against other easily preventable illnesses.
Uh huh. Seems that COVID isn't such an "easily preventable illness", now is it?
I mean, you should still wear your mask, after all, right?

You take issue with people who don't see things your way, but some of us take issue with how obvious it is that we are being misled.

"Don't wear a face mask, they're for doctors". Whoops.

"2 weeks to flatten the curve". Whoops, 1-1/2 years later....

"Get vaccinated, then you won't need to wear a face mask" uh, yeah OK here we are

To me, these "vaccines" aren't really living up to the definition of vaccine, they are about as effective as homeopathic remedies or OTC products.

When the "system" looks Americans directly in the eye, and definitely states: "This vaccine will give you definite immunity, make asymptomatic transmission through you impossible, and you may return to a normal life" heck yeah I'm getting the vaccine.
The current message is "it might reduce severity of symptoms, it might reduce risk of death, you may still transmit it asymptomatically and kill a vulnerable person, even if they too are vaccinated, so please continue taking precautions like we did before vaccines".
I don't think it is those of us who resist the vaccine that are being idiots, I really wonder how everyone can consume these incoherent messages as being factual?

Last Edited:
BTW, speaking of masks.

Yesterday I was assembling a PCB prototype that I had designed. I did not have my fume extractor, so in that case I use an authentic (not Chinese) 3M N95 face mask that fits so tightly around my face it's freaking uncomfortable. But, it prevents me from being exposed to the toxins in the solder fumes.
If I don't wear that 3M mask, or use the fume extractor, for some reason the smoke goes directly to my face (it's obvious white smoke).
If I wear the 3M mask, the smoke floats around randomly, and even stays out of my eyes (still better to use extractor), obviously the 3M masks diffuses the breathing drafts we generate that cause stuff floating in the air to float towards our face.
I did try the common paper face mask mask that everyone uses for COVID compliance, and the smoke went right back to my face (and would easily sneak around the gaps in the mask and be breathed in by me) exactly the same as if no face mask at all.

Grow up man, and don't give any of this, "pot calling the kettle black" b.s. I don't buy it.

Yeah, I got the jab, and I care if other people get it because even though I'm not an immunologist, I'm still smart enough to grasp the very basic concept of herd immunity and how it works.
You failed to reply, so I ask again. If you got the jab then why do you care if others don't? If the jab works then herd immunity doesn't matter. Those who got covid and lived now have natural immunity and don't need a jab. Why is it you believe others should get the jab if the jab is working for you?

You failed to reply, so I ask again. If you got the jab then why do you care if others don't? If the jab works then herd immunity doesn't matter. Those who got covid and lived now have natural immunity and don't need a jab. Why is it you believe others should get the jab if the jab is working for you?
People who believe in vaccination are tolerant of the message changing.
Remember when the message was that vaccinated people would be definitely protected? That message was being distributed right up until about 2 months ago.
Somehow, no one seems bothered that the message made an about face, restrictions being re-applied to them after being vaccinated? Those people just go ahead with the new narrative.....
I feel people will accept as many changes in the narrative as possible as long as one part of the narrative remains consistent: that they feel justified in some way to be intolerable jerks to people on the other side of their truths. I think that's all that matters, "us against them" justification, no matter how many times the "facts" change.
I can understand when they (call it left-leaning or people tolerant of vax that are not left leaning) take issue with those who bring up conspiracy theories, unproven theories that only show up in far-right publications. I get it. But when their own news streams, that help them form their conclusions and truths are chasing their own tails....how the heck do people still fall in line??

People who believe in vaccination are tolerant of the message changing.
Remember when the message was that vaccinated people would be definitely protected? That message was being distributed right up until about 2 months ago.
Somehow, no one seems bothered that the message made an about face, restrictions being re-applied to them after being vaccinated? Those people just go ahead with the new narrative.....
I feel people will accept as many changes in the narrative as possible as long as one part of the narrative remains consistent: that they feel justified in some way to be intolerable jerks to people on the other side of their truths. I think that's all that matters, "us against them" justification, no matter how many times the "facts" change.
I can understand when they (call it left-leaning or people tolerant of vax that are not left leaning) take issue with those who bring up conspiracy theories, unproven theories that only show up in far-right publications. I get it. But when their own news streams, that help them form their conclusions and truths are chasing their own tails....how the heck do people still fall in line??
1631470256709.png

I have read that those who have been vaccinated are worried that those who have not (like myself) are going to allow the virus to mutate in to a variant that can breakthrough the vaccine. I suspect the virus will mutate regardless and the vaccine makers will be right there with a new vaccine to help prevent breakthrough. The virus has already defeated the current vaccines in many cases causing illness and death. Like it or not the only way to assure a more complete shield of protection would be total isolation. At this point odds appear to be very low that a person will get seriously sick from covid and death is even more remote.

I think we need to start focusing on the pros of covid. For example Social security may be strengthened by having to make less payouts. Elder care cost may drop and openings in nursing homes may open up.
Just opinion but America has been exposed to the CCP biological warfare called covid for 19 months. If we had honest statistics we could weigh the risk factor but honesty isn't in the cards. It's about fear and getting folks to take an experimental jab and so far 189 million have because they fear covid. Too bad they didn't procrastinate and learn more about the jab before they joined the herd.

It certainly has killed a lot of old people and hospitals have made a ton of money as the old died. Might be enough dead to save SS as it was set to fail in 2035.

Edited to add, hospital numbers.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR