JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I suppose I should have learned from the first 2 negative experiences but I gave Mike and his guys another shot to coat one of my rifles.

When I dropped it off i talked to Mike directly, told him I had a hunt coming up in a few weeks and was promised it would be done in 2 weeks max by Mike.

Emails and phone message left for Mike were not returned.

I called this Tuesday as it's been 3 weeks with no follow up and was told it was done and ready but due to a surprise atf inspection I couldn't pick it up until today per the ATF. Which the ATF investigator in his shop today told me is completely false.

I called this morning to confirm pick up just to be told it had been prepped but not coated yet but would be completed and ready at 3 pm today. Arrived at 2:45 and they had not even touched it and of course Mike was unavailable (despite his truck being in the lot).

Blown deadlines are one thing, multiple blatant lies to a customer is another especially knowing I needed the rifle for a hunt.

Too bad as his work is very high quality.

The hits just keep coming. Apparently my barreled action was also dropped while at Mikes shop as my custom contoured brake now is bent on one side.

To add insult to injury I have a spring bear permit that opens on 04/01.

I would of picked it up and hunted with it as it is. I can't work with broken commitments.

Do what you say, and say what you mean.

Communication is everything to me, just tell me straight and we can work around things, life is hard enough.

I suppose I should have learned from the first 2 negative experiences but I gave Mike and his guys another shot to coat one of my rifles.

When I dropped it off i talked to Mike directly, told him I had a hunt coming up in a few weeks and was promised it would be done in 2 weeks max by Mike.

Emails and phone message left for Mike were not returned.

I called this Tuesday as it's been 3 weeks with no follow up and was told it was done and ready but due to a surprise atf inspection I couldn't pick it up until today per the ATF. Which the ATF investigator in his shop today told me is completely false.

I called this morning to confirm pick up just to be told it had been prepped but not coated yet but would be completed and ready at 3 pm today. Arrived at 2:45 and they had not even touched it and of course Mike was unavailable (despite his truck being in the lot).

Blown deadlines are one thing, multiple blatant lies to a customer is another especially knowing I needed the rifle for a hunt.

Too bad as his work is very high quality.

The hits just keep coming. Apparently my barreled action was also dropped while at Mikes shop as my custom contoured brake now is bent on one side.

To add insult to injury I have a spring bear permit that opens on 04/01.
Rattle can is your friend. Aervo camo works great and pretty durable. Nice and matte.

@MallardAddict I am truely sorry to read your story. I too have been dealing with the owner Mike and his BS for a while.

I purchased two suppressors from him between August & July of 2017. Long story short... the stamps weren't submitted until I called the ATF about a month ago. I'll do the math for you... that's 18ish months later. I confronted him about the stamps in Dec. '18, and he admitted nothing had been done, and then assured me it was all squared away. I called the ATF in Feb. '19 and was told over the phone that I should probably find a new NFA dealer.

Then there's an SBR I started with Mike in Dec. '17. We had been friends for a few months, and I asked if I could get the ball rolling on the Cerakote job by blasting everything myself in his garage (this was when he was only under name Olympic Cerakote). I blasted everything, and he told me every few weeks that he just had one or two customer Guns to do and he'd get to my stuff. Meanwhile, I'm told repeatedly that the stamp for the SBR was submitted as well. In Dec. of '18 he told me HE reblasted everything to get rid of the oxidization, and it would be coated shortly. Come to find out his employee Jaime/James (a good friend of mine) had actually been the one to reblast it. Mike told me in Feb. '19 that the stamp couldn't be submitted because SilencerShop accidentally deleted the M4E1 from their website. I called SilencerShop about the stamp for the SBR and they told me there had never been any communication about a tax stamp for me. Zero. I got a hold of Mike and told him to put all of my propert in a box and I'd pick it up. I got the box a couple days later, minus a Velocity trigger. I had been told by an employee of Mike's that the trigger had been taken and out in another customer's build. Translation: Mike stole my property and sold it.

There's a lot more crap to this story, but his business partner Myles is a good dude. As is Jaime/James. Myles has been great at communicating with me, and is helping me get things fixed. Mike still owes me a SIG mag, but refused to replace it a couple days ago. Myles is working on that for me.

I just hope that he doesn't lose his FFL before my suppressor stamps are done. I don't want to deal with claiming my property if they're seized.

On the SBR, I got SSG to give me a new lower for the build, and have already efiled a form 1 myself. The last piece of the puzzle is getting all of my parts re-coated. They're currently sitting in a box in my garage and completely useless without paint on them.

The rifle is currently back in my possession and I will hunt with it as is for now. I will have to get a new muzzle brake ASAP as I doubt I can expect any accuracy out of my current brake with the dent.

1ACEC2C8-3F5B-45CD-AD44-C20AD0E5DEC9.jpeg 87180B18-E70D-472F-9C5B-EB3CA090BEAC.jpeg

Last Edited:
All sounds beyond shady. Glad I haven't done business yet and I certainly don't plan to from hearing about an 18 MONTH runaround including stolen property

Sounds like I won't be dealing with the place much. Sorry to hear of the BS.
The two fellas at the counter seemed friendly. The owner (I presume he was the owner) was at the counter the whole time I was there. Wouldn't speak a word.

Last Edited:
If a customer gives me a drop dead date I meet it.
damaging your brake and lying is not acceptable
USPS, FedEx, UPS all come right to my door. :)

I always recommend vendors right here on NWFA.

Last Edited:
I would recommend getting all your stuff and never looking back. I got robbed of a $400 cash deposit on a suppressor deal a few years back (CASCADE SCUMBAGS) was the name if I remember correct. I have also been waiting on an SBR for 3 years come the 23 of this month. Don't want it anymore and it was only a stripped lower anyways. Hope your luckis better.

I bought a rifle from another forum and we met at South Sound for the free transfer. I don't know what they pay for the lease there, not much of an invetory. Doesn't look like a big money making establishmet, after reading these comments it makes me think the gun shop might be a front for another type of business.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads