JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been using this cleaner for a couple of months. I generally run my brass through several cycles just because I can. The other day I noticed something. The brass in the center of the basket was remarkably cleaner then other brass. I started to pay attention and took some photos and sure enough the center brass is always cleaner.

The moral of the story is that if you want your brass really clean from this unit put it right in the center. This limits the amount of brass you can process at one time to about 25 cases.

IMG_0331.jpg

.... The brass in the center of the basket was remarkably cleaner then other brass. ....

Ultrasonics typically have hot spots around the location of the transducer/s. Apparently, Hornady's unit has only one transducer mounted under the center of the tank. Using a more efficient cleaning solution will help. Try filling the tank with straight Simple Green. I use it in my tanks and it will remove the carbon rings completely off the face of a revolver cylinder [without attacking bluing], and brightens brass like new.

Also, use a tray or basket to hold your brass up off the bottom of the tank. If the bottom is blanketed with parts, it will muffle the cleaning action.

If built with quality components, that is a good machine. Commercial cleaners can crank around 64K cycles per second into the solution, and the lower priced machines run in the 30K range. Yours is rated at 50K! Is the tank really 12" long inside?

yes...(but I will double check later) and it cleans as advertised...

the cleaning solution counts for a lot as well..

buy some citric acid powder and that will bring out some very clean brass...

just remember to deactivate the acid with a little light baking soda solution when rinsing the brass

this however does not make it shiny and I then tumble it in walnut media and some brass polish for an hour for good measure...

7042BC40.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads