JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do agree with you on optics and spin.

the point i am trying to make is after the prosecutor tears apart your background and paints you as an Alt-right, conservative, gun owning hoarder, SHTF prepper, freedom hating (anti left), god fearing person who trained with firearms regularly to protect himself with a fully semiautomatic pistol and multiple high capacity magazines.
ammo is really low bearing fruit and the same argument can be said if you changed something on your SD pistol like trigger work, tac-light, match barrel, etc.

its just my opinion. if i found the projectiles cheap i would buy some and try to dye the polymer if it bothered me that much.

It's frustrating because you can't buy the Critical Defense bullets to reload; only if they are these stupid green tip version which are labeled in such a juvenile way that actually using them increases your risk of a over-zealous attorney using them to paint you as an unstable individual.

I like the performance of the bullet itself, but in actual testing of the loaded ammunition, I have found it unacceptable in accuracy testing.

Was hoping I could try my own recipes using the bullets to see if I could improve accuracy.

But you're right; I will simply choose to go elsewhere for my self-defense ammo.

I have strictly loaded these in .308 and shot a lot of the .223 50 grain version. It's just green tipped Amax for a cheaper price. I love it, and I think the box decor is being overthought. You are more likely to be vilified in court based on the gun you defended yourself with than you are a bullet advertisement.

I bought a box of that ammo in .45ACP. I would never shoot it for self defense. I have it more as a novelty cause I find it funny.

The world has lost it's sense of humor and has gotten far too sensitive and PC...I openly resist being politically correct because I couldn't give 2 craps about triggering some hypersensitive moron. If they're offended. That's their problem. Not mine :cool:

I bought a box of that ammo in .45ACP. I would never shoot it for self defense. I have it more as a novelty cause I find it funny.

The world has lost it's sense of humor and has gotten far too sensitive and PC...I openly resist being politically correct because I couldn't give 2 craps about triggering some hypersensitive moron. If they're offended. That's their problem. Not mine :cool:
Let the snowflakes melt!

"It's not what you know, its what you can prove."
fhd001trd_denzel_washington_007.jpg

"They were out of the critical defense, The company said they were identical to their defense ammo besides the tip color and colorful branding." Seems like a pretty air tight argument, because It's true.
I've read into prosecution's attempts to discredit and vilify defendants and the only thing that ever seemed to cause even a slight eyebrow raise was, oddly enough, those god-awful novelty back plates. The "You're fuked" or "Smile, wait for flash" and cringe-y Punisher Skulls that would insinuate you were enthusiastic about an opportunity to send one back to the manufacturer.

Yeah, the branding is pretty cheesy, but they ARE a business and they DO like making money... so a little dye here and some eye grabbing packaging for an existing product isn't anything new or extreme. Give The Walking Dead crowd something to spend extra on, and they do.

Also FWIW, I absolutely L O V E Hornady's Zmax's in 308. The 110 gr flatbase are my absolute favorite defense projo's for supersonic 300blk, absolutely brutal expansion and they get rip-roaring at 2100ish fps out of a 10.5". Great price but hard to find sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top