JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not a big fan of aerosols, but anything that doesn't have to be cleaned off after, would be a plus, when loading in volume.
I have a lube method that's quick but may need to be cleaned off after, depending on your level of anal'ism.

I use the standard plastic type container/tub (coolwip, etc.) and a 30 cal. patch wet with something viscous, like chain saw bar oil, STP, motor honey, anything thick you already have in the garage, even RCBS case lube;).
The key is the patch must be barely moist/sticky with the lube.
This may require experimenting, as once a patch has too much lube, you have to start over with another patch.

Put the patch(es) and brass in the tub and shake for 30 seconds...done.
If you can see the lube on the case, the patch is too moist.
So now the case is lubed on the outside, the neck end for expanding bullet seating, with no lube in the primer pocket, ready to be sized/loaded.
This method might work with the lanolin or udder cream mixture too...try it, what do you have to loose:rolleyes:

I don't load many bottle necked ammo anymore, but by tumbling pistol brass with NuFinish, the cases are "waxed" and size much easier for me than brass that has been not been tumbled or wet tumbled.
just sayin'
;)

Last Edited:
Thank you all for the replies. I very much appreciate them-pro's and cons. I did learn that you must wait for the time required the hard way:mad:. That said I also learned that if you try to use less because it's expensive you will need to keep your stuck case kit right there beside your press:eek:. I also learned that if you don't get back to a block of brass for a few days that there is no need to respray them, still slick. I like the fact that it doesn't foul the primers or powder, that for me is a big plus. I'm guessing that 5 of the 10 bucks it costs is for all the warning labels hornady has to put on the can-sheeesh:(. For me it's a keeper. Thank you all again. Jim

.One-shot is also an excellent dry lubricant for the press piston that otherwise collects primer residue if a wet grease is used.
I really don't think that's that big a deal. There's many of those filthy RCBS Rockchucker (etc.) machines that are still chugging along in fine fashion after reloading a million rounds.. before that stuff was even invented.
The cool guys just get a Lee machine though.. you know, the ones with the through-drilled rams for clean and controlled primer egress?

:hide

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top