Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hornady lock n load

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by xlsbob, Nov 22, 2012.

1. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Does anybody use the Hornady lock n load auto charge powder dispenser ? It's on a black friday sale for $160 and I'm thinking I want one if they are a good unit.

2. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Mine works great, but I have never used others so have nothing to compare it to. Hornady customer service is top shelf. The price is right for sure.

3. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

Where is it on sale?

4. xlsbob

Sportsmans Warehouse in Medford, looks like it's on the all day sale. Thinking about driving over from coast to get one.

5. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Can you drive there and back for less than the "savings"?

Personally I'd go with the RCBS Chargemaster. Came out on top of many side/side comparisons and the information is out there to modify it's operating parameters so you can customize it for your specific powder. Makes for much faster operation and less "waiting".

6. xlsbob

Cost of trip is very little, wife wants to go halfway there for something else anyway, just be a tag along thing for me. I'm planning on looking at whatever they have if I go. I've had rcbs digital scales for years and never had a problem so I wouldnt rule out spending more for a better machine.