JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Hornady LNL which I've just started to use. My one annoyance is having to both put the brass in by hand as well as the bullet.

Right now the Hornady electric case feeder is a bit out of my budget and am just looking for something pretty basic. Even just a 2ft tube I have to manually top off every now and again would work. It would beat having to juggle brass and bullets in my left hand.

I did some googling and I only found a DIY option but I was wondering if there was any 3rd party aftermarket options available?

I added Hornady bullet feeding DIES to my rcbs progressive presses to end the fumbling of both the bullet and case with my left hand.
The mod has become known as the $25 bullet feeder, and uses plastic tubes full of bullets:
BulletFeeder.JPG
The speed increase was remarkable.
I have a bunch of bullet tubes that I preload, much like primer tubes, prior to re-loading.
Feeding bullets is much easier as they are just dropped inline, where as cases must be "shuttled" into the shell plate.
Lee has the simplest case feeder/loader that come on both the Pro1000 and Loadmaster, might be adaptable to the LNL o_O
I've read that the Mr. Bulletfeeder dies (lower drop assembly) are less sensitive to bullet diameter variations than the Hornady's and in fact sell the same feeding die for 9mm and 38/357.
That's what I'll be buying from now on, and they sell a "Mini" feeder with a feeder die (lower drop assembly) that is tube fed.
Mr. Bulletfeeder | Mini Mr.Bulletfeeder
Mr. Bulletfeeder | Home
:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews