JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps little late, but I wanted to note that my Gen 5 G19 also has the same problem with Hornady Critical Duty. It requires a tremendous amount of force to unlock the slide once it chambers the round and has a little bit of resistance entering into battery with this ammunition. It would be a serious issue if you had a failure to fire and were unable to perform the typical corrective action because it was "locked" in battery with a round that has a dud primer. The problem does not appear with any other load that I've tried. I've seen other similar complaints aside from this post, so it is not an isolated problem.

One thing I will add is that with 500+ rounds through the pistol now, it is not as big an issue. It is still tight, but no where near as bad as it was. I am going to switch to a new carry load regardless. I carry a J frame 99.9% of the time, but it would be nice to have a hollow point for my Glock.

The new Gen 5 Glocks have shallower throats than previous Glocks. This is leading to serious issues with certain bullet weights and profiles.

I purchased a Gen 5 G19 MOS and tried to run some reloads through it that I had developed for my Gen 4 G19. They would not plunk all the way.

This gross oversight by Glock is inexcusable, IMHO.

For a reloader, it is presenting challenges because you have to seat certain bullets deeper than recommended in order to get them to plunk, which is raising chamber pressures to unknown levels.

I've been lowering powder levels to compensate for the deeper seated bullets, but it's still a guessing game as to whether or not that is completely safe.

Hopefully will buy a Sig P365 before July and the Glock will become a match gun and range toy.

It might just be the Hornandy ammo itself. I actually avoid buying Hornandy pistol ammo due to their improper crimping. Maybe they are not seating them deep enough to compensate for the poor crimp. Just a wild guess.

here is a thread I started way back discussing the Hornandy setback issue. Ive seen other conversations on this in other forums since then too, they still haven't fixed it. I never did follow up with them, I just shot the box and moved on.

45acp chambering setback...

I carried hornady Critical Defense for a couple of years in my M&P40c until I decided to test it for 25yd accuracy rather than just 7yd shooting.

It got a 9" group. Just awful. Won't use it anymore and am now using Speer Gold Dots and my own reloads.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top