Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

horizontal mag pouches

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Kevatc, May 27, 2013.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Looking for a mag pouch that can mount horizontally on a belt for CCing. Vertical mags jab me. Preference is for kydex but a nylon or leather version wuld be ok. Suggestions?

2. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I dis-like vertical mag pouches as well for daily carry, I wanted something discrete as well... so I picked up a Benchmade knife pouch that you can wear both verticaly and horizontally. With a latching cover you can barely see the magazine in the pouch.

3. Kevatc

Thanks for the pic. The buckle is the only thing that I don't like. In a SHTF scenario I think getting the shakes from an adrenaline dump might make it hard to open. YMMV.

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I know they might be a bit big for CCW but almost every mag pouch out there for duty belts can be mounted either way.

5. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

6. DedPyro

DedPyro Hillsboro, OR Member

For something cheap I recommend going to a gun show with one of your magazines. Find the guy selling cheap knives, bags, that crap. I found one of these
    FURY FuryMold Black Cordura Sheath (Fits most 4-Inch to 4.75-Inch Folding Knives) : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors
    there. It has horizontal loops to fit 1.5" belts and is molded so it's not like a cheap mag light pouch. Works well and fits my Walther P99 mags and my Taurus PT845 double stacks. I bought mine for $6 at the gun show. I think they make a leather one too but I'm not sure it it has the horizontal loops.

206thsense and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Kevatc

I'd like to get something along the lines of the HSGI taco mag holders because they are adpatable to many different mag sizes. Right now when I switch pistols it requires taking my belt off all the way to change pistol mag holders plus the mags are vertical and I really want to go horizontal for a couple different reasons. It would be perfect if it could be mounted horizonally. I can't tell from the website and YouTubes if is possible for them to be mounted horizontally.

Anyone have ideas that would fit my idea?

8. Ops

Ops King County Member

9. Galant

Galant portland Active Member