Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Horde your ammo guys!!! Looks like we will not get re-stocked for a while.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mdurham, Jan 11, 2013.

1. mdurham

mdurham Vancouver, Wa New Member

2. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

I was in the gunshop and they said it feels so bad right now because the manufacturers don't ship/work during the holidays + the recent run. It'll all get caught up soon.

Angie and (deleted member) like this.
  3. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

I called at least 10 big online ammo stores, all out, one of them said the expected date for 9mm ammo according to the manufacturer is August! Then I checked a couple of nearby stores that both said they had at least 10 boxes, 30 mins from the time I left work to the time I went to pick them up they were down to 2 boxes, it is _that_ bad and the prices are sky high. The only handgun ammo they had left was a single 40 S&W and a single 45 acp box.

4. mdurham

God I hope so. I have quite a bit but, I sure wish I hadn't passed over all those .22lr bulk ammo deals at Bi-Mart! I'm down to my last 3000 rounds!!!:(

NWGunner, chariot13, Dan1477 and 3 others like this.
  5. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

is that supposed to be a news story?

6. Horses are delicious

Horses are delicious Willamette Valley Active Member

At Cabelas in Springfield today, most of the usual handgun and rifle in stock. Just not stacks and stacks of it. I was shocked by the prices...then I remembered I was at Cabelas.

7. mdurham

Sorry, I didn't see it on CNN.

brandon211 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. sig

sig Vancouver, WA Member

The Bi-Mart off 122nd has a bunch of S&W 40 and that was about it. Bi-mart on Falk Rd in Vancouver had small mag rifle primers... I scored 500 big whoop. They also had 40 S&W.
    I heard today Portland is considering no more gun shows at the Expo. The new Portland Commie regime (a.k.a.Charlie I am the goofiest looking inbreeder Hales) has jumped on the ban everything band wagon. I think I would start looking at reloading items. This site had good reloading equipment ( or use to) https://fsreloading.com/notes-from-greg/lee-precision-new-for-2013.html
    I have a feeling it is not going to be to long before it's going to be cheap at twice the price.

9. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Happened before, will happen again.............

10. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

I stocked up on Primers, brass, bullets and powder. Primers from cabelas.com , even back orders from right before cheistmas got here last week (small pistol).

11. bzltyr

bzltyr Portland Metro area Active Member

Yep......Conserve, until we know what happens and if things pan out. This is worse than in 2008.

12. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

Guess I shouldn't have went shooting before Christmas, darn it. Now I'm low on ammo..

13. Zepoll

Zepoll Keizer Active Member

My local bi mart gets small orders every now and then. I stop in every few days just to check and grab a few boxes at a time.

Just gotta keep your eyes open.

14. Angie

Angie Reno, NV Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had a difficult time in Reno buying .22LR. Scheel's, Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse all out. Sport's Authority had a bunch. I kept thinking "out of .22LR? That's crazy!" The .223, .5.56 and 7.62 I can understand based on the panic, but 22? I was really concerned because I wanted to introduce my 20 year old daughter to shooting and left all my ammo in Kalifornia, figuring I would just pick up more in Reno. I wanted her to start with the .22 and work up in caliber. Thankfully, I was able to find some, but I had to work at it.

15. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Our local Bi Mar is out of almost everything. They get shipments 2 times per week, sometimes there is ammo on them, sometimes not. Nothing in the last 2 weeks. I have been there most mornings when they open to try and get something.

They have some .40, and some $ 22 a box 9mm. No .223, no 9mm, no 12 gauge anything, no .22. A few rifle calibers, some .38 and .357. All other local suppliers are also out, anybody that does have is standing on the price real hard.

We will have to curtail most target practice this spring if we cannot find more ammo. We are going to set up to reload, IF we can find the equipment, IF we can pay the price, and IF we can find powder and primers. We should have not been so dependent on purchased ammo all along. Big mistake.

I see this as a very logical first step to SHTF. Other things are likely to follow soon. Our government wants our guns, and to take away as much of our Constitutional rights as they can, and they keep spending our economy into the hole and making paper money worthless.

16. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Why won't stores get restocked? Did all the ammo plants worldwide burn down or something?

17. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

Sounds orchestrated to me.... no shipments til august? so after it all gets banned.... sounds like they are shutting down and redoing the tooling to add microstamping :paranoid:

18. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nah, they just blew up...

19. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

I was thinking about the same thing, so demand has increased, they can increase the supply, unless there is technical reason that limits their production lines to a certain rate/capacity.

20. RICKRWS

RICKRWS VANCOUVER Active Member

It is really weird this is all happening at one time. The Gun band hanging over our heads, record guns sales with shelves empting then filling back up for more people to buy. But what good are the guns with no Ammo or prices that not many people can afford. I really think the Ammo thing has somthing to do with our Dirty Goverment.