JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,

Hey I've used used Hoppe's #9 all my shooting life. Yesterday while cleaning my guns from a day out shooting, my wife walked into the "man's cave" and said YUK!!! that stuff stinks. She had me open the windows (and it was 38 degrees out) to get the smell out....

Long story short....

Is there a cleaning solvent that is as good as Hoppe's #9 that doens't stink up the whole house?

Need some advise.

Thanks,

Ed's Red kicks butt, and doesn't smell too bad ( not near as aromatic as Hoppes to my nose )

1 part ea. :

Kerosene
ATF ( Dextron III )
Mineral Spirits
Acetone

I put a box fan in the windowsill and open the window, even if it's cold out, with the fan blowing outward. Clean guns in front of , or behind really, the fan. Most of the smell goes out the window and fresh air comes in from above the fan. It works pretty well the room stays relatively warm and un-stinky.

I have been using Ed's Red in a solvent tank for years, use it from auto parts to gun parts, it works great!

Sounds like some you need one of these for a stocking stuffer this year :s0114:

Guys,

my wife walked into the "man's cave" and said YUK!!! that stuff stinks.

What is she doing in there in the first place? I’d say, “Close the door on your way out”.

If she insists on going in there, have her pay for the installation of a ventilation system. I don’t even smell the stuff anymore, and I just used it today, and never once noticed the smell. Good thing my other half doesn’t mind the smell. She uses the stuff on her guns too. Good stuff. Good Smelling stuff. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top