JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Hopkins & Allen single shot 12 gauge that I cant find another sample of on the auction sites. The only markings are the name stamp and the # y6076 on the barrel, fore grip and action. Anybody have info on this shotgun?

Like this one?
01948_r.jpg

The company closed around 1915, so it must be old, possibly may be a black powder gun. They don't appear to be very valuable, as at one time many were produced, but all I did was a quick Google search.

Hello my name is tom I have a Hopkins and allen 12 guage model Y8086 and I was wondering if someone could tell me if it can shoot the new shells we have now or how old it is or if some one would like to buy it and what it is worth it has been in storage for 50 years it is in very nice condition the gun is really tight thank you I sent 3 pictures of it it has no writing on the barrel any place
yes that is close, foregrip is not the same
maybe someone made this one

20150423_133605.jpg

20150423_133628.jpg

20150423_133711.jpg

Hi Tom;
Your shotgun cannot shoot the new shells.
The receiver may stretch, crack, the barrel may stretch, crack.
Hopkins & Allen Arms Co <broken link removed>
I read online that they made a few shotguns that can shoot smokeless powder and youtube shows a guy shooting a gun just like mine with the new bullets watch it type in Hopkins and allen shotgun on ytube thanks for your replay

I just looked at a couple of videos Tom. I am not sure I watched the same one that you did. I saw one feller shooting at a plastic jug but he did not say what kind of shell he was shooting.

I saw another feller shooting some clay pigeons. He was shooting a 7/8 oz reload. I consulted my Hodgdon reloading book and he could have been shooting shells at 5500 psi. That's pretty darn low pressure.

My personal thought is that Hopkins and Allen manufactured good and serviceable firearms but I don't believe that they had the capital to invest in the very highest quality barrel steels. The suffered a severe fire, and a few years later a theft that cleaned out their whole warehouse. They finally went bankrupt.

If I were to buy your nice looking shotgun I would shoot my own low pressure smokeless reloads or black powder loaded shells through it for my own peace of mind. ;)

I just looked at a couple of videos Tom. I am not sure I watched the same one that you did. I saw one feller shooting at a plastic jug but he did not say what kind of shell he was shooting.

I saw another feller shooting some clay pigeons. He was shooting a 7/8 oz reload. I consulted my Hodgdon reloading book and he could have been shooting shells at 5500 psi. That's pretty darn low pressure.

My personal thought is that Hopkins and Allen manufactured good and serviceable firearms but I don't believe that they had the capital to invest in the very highest quality barrel steels. The suffered a severe fire, and a few years later a theft that cleaned out their whole warehouse. They finally went bankrupt.

If I were to buy your nice looking shotgun I would shoot my own low pressure smokeless reloads or black powder loaded shells through it for my own peace of mind. ;)
DO YOU KNOW A WEBSITE WHERE I CAN GET THEM BLACK POWDER SHELLS I SEEN ONE ONCE AND CANT FIND IT AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR INFO BEEN REAL HELPFUL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top