JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to the sit of course and i need a little help to solve a problem i have with a H&A 32 cal top break. Every thing works good except the ejector. When opening the barrel the ejector pops up just as it should. When closing the ejector will not close all the way unless you push it down. The spring is good, the cam hook is new, It's oiled. Could the spring be to short or to long? Thanks for any help on this. And to all "HEY".

Welcome. I have one of these in 38s&w I recently started having this issue. On mine I discovered when taking apart the ejector from the cylinder, the spring ends dont close on a nice loop. They're just cut off abruptly. Where normally a coil spring would make one full revolution without getting longer. (Hopefully that makes some sort of sense) so this "loose end" catches on the plunger rod and snags onto it not allowing the spring to fully reciprocate.

That may not be your same situation, but thats what recently started happening on mine.

I would like to see pictures of yours if you don't mind sharing. I love these old guns!

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about the springs. I think I'll try to put an extension on the spring and see what happens.
Being new here I'll need to find out how to send pic's. I have a collection of these old guns. I have Iver Johnson, Hopkins & Allen, H&R, Thames, and US Revolver. As like you i love these old guns. My Dad got me into these years ago. I also have (2) very nice Colts One from the 60's and one from the 30's. Hang tight, I'll get the pi's to you. Thanks again for the reply.

This is a Hopkins & Allen small frame 32 cal top break Police Safety. I just finished polishing it. I'll send more later. Let me know what you think.

100_4831.JPG

I've been mucking around with an old H&R 939, having fun figuring out mechanisms and trying to get it to run reliably. Your H&A is looking great!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top