JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People united by a shared set of values/beliefs/respect is a good thing, but there also was a big uptick in skin color based militia groups this year which seems highly problematic.

People united by a shared set of values/beliefs/respect is a good thing, but there also was a big uptick in skin color based militia groups this year which seems highly problematic.
All I care about at the moment is that they help vote down gun restriction laws. I am going to let others worry about what they are going to do with their guns.

All I care about at the moment is that they help vote down gun restriction laws. I am going to let others worry about what they are going to do with their guns.
But that's the catch...
There is a huge distinction between responsible, informed and educated gun owners who do their best to put forward a constitutional dialog with respect towards non-firearm people...

And then there are folks who want nothing more that to intimidate and instill fearfulness in their perceived subjugators.
I fear they are just being used (propped up and publicized) to continue the caricature of the wanton - crazy and irresponsible gun toters hoping to paint all gun owners as dangerous and to be feared.

This is a set up. This is not about being pro 2a.

IMHO

Big difference between, "I just want to protect myself and family..." - and - "I'm gonna shoot the folks who are trying to keep me down..."

[h3][/h3]

Last Edited:
Nothing.
Everyone has the right.
It's the 'reasons' proffered that are suspect.
Exactly and the reasons 'proffered' seem pretty obvious to me.

At .14 the black guy says, When we go out we are armed and the police look at us and say 'it's not worth it'

Same guy at 1.06 says, 'If They are killing people now and we have guns, imagine what would happen if we didn't have guns' "Our only means is to protect ourselves with firearms, to level the playing field' - (while a pic of an LEO pointing a gun at a driver window)

THis as, well as some of the other comments are pretty clear to me what (some) of the 'new gun owners' have on their minds.....

With all due respect to @arakboss - I get what you were going for here - and I agree with the sentiment and promotion of second amendment rights for everyone... Big time.
It just hit me funny from the start - CBS is not a 2A/gun friendly media outlet. Just the inverse. So I was immediately suspect of their intentions with this story. I watched it twice now. It's an attempted divisional hit-piece trying to illustrate the 'obvious' need for minorities to fear their boogeymen.
This wasn't about supporting a constitutional right. (Although it was disguised as such...)

Exactly and the reasons 'proffered' seem pretty obvious to me.

At .14 the black guy says, When we go out we are armed and the police look at us and say 'it's not worth it'

Same guy at 1.06 says, 'If They are killing people now and we have guns, imagine what would happen if we didn't have guns' "Our only means is to protect ourselves with firearms, to level the playing field' - (while a pic of an LEO pointing a gun at a driver window)

THis as, well as some of the other comments are pretty clear to me what (some) of the 'new gun owners' have on their minds.....
The 2A is for everyone, I am sure many have questioned the motives of various other groups. The more guns the merrier imho.

So in my opinion and it's just opinion that it really doesn't take much to figure out the future. 12 cities have major crime rates increases going on right now. Record numbers. CBS is just dividing folks up with their racist stories.

With all due respect to @arakboss - I get what you were going for here - and I agree with the sentiment and promotion of second amendment rights for everyone... Big time.
It just hit me funny from the start - CBS is not a 2A/gun friendly media outlet. Just the inverse. So I was immediately suspect of their intentions with this story. I watched it twice now. It's an attempted divisional hit-piece trying to illustrate the 'obvious' need for minorities to fear their boogeymen.
This wasn't about supporting a constitutional right. (Although it was disguised as such...)
My point is, regardless of why they feel they need the firearms, they should vote against laws that would restrict their ability to get them. I would also welcome someone with complete opposite political views from mine to vote against stuff like IP17 and IP18.

I am a staunch supporter of the 2A - and the reasons for it... It's a foundation cornerstone that actually defines and protects our constitutional rights throughout... It's our system.

But wanting to bear arms - just so you can justify/codify shooting someone - is an entirely different motivation.

Imo - if some of the people in this video could vote for you, I or Us to never own a firearm ever again - I believe they would. They are just using the laws available to them currently.

'Personal Protection' is one thing - naturally.
The Second Amendment, and it's actual reasoning are another.
I know many people who desire firearm ownership - but fall short of actually admitting and supporting the actual second amendment.

Militias are viewed as white and racist. I don't believe that but they have never seemed to go out of their way to dispelled that image. It makes it easy for any non white armed group regardless how radical to simply be anti-militia and garner support from the outside.

I also believe 99% of all Militias are infiltrated by the government one way or another to either create or report conflicts. Easily destroyed from within if they become a problem.

It seems we are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. I do not believe any groups should be singled out as not worthy of owning firearms. I would hope the individuals and groups shown in the video would vote along side us to maintain their rights and ours to own firearms without restrictions.

It seems we are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. I do not believe any groups should be singled out as not worthy of owning firearms. I would hope the individuals and groups shown in the video would vote along side us to maintain their rights and ours to own firearms without restrictions.
We don't disagree. Honestly.

I just don't trust CBS's motives in this case.

We don't disagree. Honestly.

I just don't trust CBS's motives in this case.
Unless CBS hired all these people as actors and armed them for the filming, it doesn't matter to me what their motivation was for reporting it. I am happy to know that others who have political beliefs far from mine also like to own evil weapons.

I could live in a world where EVERYONE is strapped.

I can virtually guarantee it would be a safer and more peaceful environment than we have now.

ESPECIALLY for those in the population who are not physically imposing or scary looking.

Hope in one hand and …….. in the other, I bet they don't even vote for anyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top