JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got an email stating something to the effect that they are going to pull out $1,000,000,000, yes that is one billion dollars to cover that health care crap.

Now, that is no small change. :angry:

I guess they'll migrate to out of country...

oh wait.. aren't most of their call centers like that anyway?

Not really, because Mr. Washington will be sending me the money first.

Sucker.

He cant be sending it to you. i already sent him the $3572.23 in processing fees. The other Nigerian princes assured me that Mr. Washington is legit though. so it will all work out. I know he has many more "millions dollars" for you guys though.:s0114:

As a small business owner I am tickled pink to see the giant corporations loosing a small portion of their government subsidies. These giant companies have been receiving huge subsidies for years, which do not actually increase benefits but instead just increase dividends and bonuses, while small businesses (which create most of the job growth in this country) have been told..."too bad you can't afford to make some huge campaign donations so you might get some aid."

As a small business owner I am tickled pink to see the giant corporations loosing a small portion of their government subsidies. These giant companies have been receiving huge subsidies for years, which do not actually increase benefits but instead just increase dividends and bonuses, while small businesses (which create most of the job growth in this country) have been told..."too bad you can't afford to make some huge campaign donations so you might get some aid."

This subsidy was surprisingly good and with its loss the only people that will feel the pain is the taxpayers. These companies received a tax break for keeping retired employees on their group health plans....sucks but it costs more to have retired people in a group plan. Now we the tax payer can foot the whole bill because most of these companies who do not have a labor agreement requiring them to provide health plan access after retirement will kick the retired folks to the curb. Not every subsidy or tax credit is bad.
Several companies began dropping retired employee from the companies group plan months ago knowing ObamaCare would screw them.

Last Edited:
As a small business owner I am tickled pink to see the giant corporations loosing a small portion of their government subsidies.
Yeah, I was trying to take a neutral tone above, but to the extent I feel like I've been subsidizing them, I'm not sorry to see the playing field leveled just a little. I almost certainly do own some 'T,' at least indirectly.

MrB

This subsidy was surprisingly good and with its loss the only people that will feel the pain is the taxpayers. These companies received a tax break for keeping retired employees on their group health plans....sucks but it costs more to have retired people in a group plan. Now we the tax payer can foot the whole bill because most of these companies who do not have a labor agreement requiring them to provide health plan access after retirement will kick the retired folks to the curb. Not every subsidy or tax credit is bad.
Several companies began dropping retired employee from the companies group plan months ago knowing ObamaCare would screw them.
Ummm...who do you think is footing the bill for these HUGE subsidies to large corporations? We are...the taxpayers. And we are footing the bill for companies that can afford to honor their own contracts with their employees without our help. When a company has enough income to cover it's own expenses and still make a healthy profit these subsidies do not benefit the employees. The extra income gets diverted directly into increasing bonuses and dividends. At least under the new plan the system is shifting from the many giving their money to the very few to the many giving their money to the many.

Ummm...who do you think is footing the bill for these HUGE subsidies to large corporations? We are...the taxpayers. And we are footing the bill for companies that can afford to honor their own contracts with their employees without our help. When a company has enough income to cover it's own expenses and still make a healthy profit these subsidies do not benefit the employees. The extra income gets diverted directly into increasing bonuses and dividends. At least under the new plan the system is shifting from the many giving their money to the very few to the many giving their money to the many.

You will get no argument out of me....it is all about redistribution of wealth. It's the government thinking they can do better with businesses money verses the business. Take the tax break away from these companies for keeping retirees on their health plan and they will be forced out to an expensive private plan or the government plan....just what they administration wants.
The real bummer of this is how many retirees are right now being dropped and forced to go out and buy individual plans right now because this passed....when the government plan is not up and running yet.
The sad thing is this legislation puts small business like yours square in their target too.

You will get no argument out of me....it is all about redistribution of wealth. It's the government thinking they can do better with businesses money verses the business. Take the tax break away from these companies for keeping retirees on their health plan and they will be forced out to an expensive private plan or the government plan....just what they administration wants.
The real bummer of this is how many retirees are right now being dropped and forced to go out and buy individual plans right now because this passed....when the government plan is not up and running yet.
The sad thing is this legislation puts small business like yours square in their target too.

Even though you say you will not argue the fact, you still are in a way. You are allowing yourself to be blinded by inflammatory rhetoric and cast a ominous shadow where one does not belong. "Redistribution of wealth" is not what is happening. That is just something you here from Rush, Fox News, etc. (and it's so odd how they all say the same things and use the same words on the same days).

What was being done before was the act of taking money from us all and giving it to very wealthy and privately owned businesses who then turned around and gave that money to a very elite few. What will happen now is taking money from us all and giving it to a governing body controlled by the people which "distributes the wealth" back to the people. Which of these scenarios is truly the more ominous one?

So many people have allowed themselves to be indoctrinated into hating the government to the point of being blind. They seem to not notice that the people spending all the money to so indoctrinate them are the giant corporations. The corporations are the ones to truly fear.

Last Edited:
Well, all and good in the informatative dept, but you won't suck me into another political discussion on a FIREARMS blog....Frankly, hear enough of it in the media, and the politicos don't listen much to the people, anyways.

It is a tax increase to subsidies the less fortunate and with this increase the government just made more less fortunate.
A tax credit to offset the costs for health benefits should be a good thing, it's the private sector taking care of its self. A business in this situation can make better use of the money than the government.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top