JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So who's gonna hold my cane during reloads!
LMAO!
You'll have to get a holster for it! No excuses! :D

0003809-ambutech-mobility-cane-holster-black-leather.jpg

Best bet is to go and observe a match first. That way you can see what others are using at different skill and commitment levels. There is a match this Saturday at ARPC. Go on out and see what it's like. Biggest thing is that you can compete at most any level you like. There are some that have made significant commitment and others that just do it occasionally. Regardless of your skill level, it's fun, challenging, and you make it what you want for you.

Basic equipment is a gun, holster, magazine holders, (MAGAZINES), lots and lots of ammo and the ability to not get mad when you really screw up a stage. :D

Plus safety glasses, muffs, and a really cool t-shirt and hat.

PS: Ear protection and safety glasses are needed to observe a match. Any earplugs will do and cheapo safety glasses abound or can be borrowed. I don't know about others but I always have extra safety glasses with me. Sorry, not going to stick loaned earplugs back in my ears, you can keep em tho!

Last Edited:
Blew my knee at the ARPC ABC match a couple yrs back, and finally got the long awaited surgery on it last Thursday.

Was hoping to get back to work tomorrow, but not is not going to happen. My thigh is still to swollen to even think about getting pants on and the thigh feels like it's gonna pop front the swelling let alone the dam pain!

Feels like it got hit by a train, I can touch my knee but the thigh is unbearable.

Has anybody here had their knee scoped? They cleaned up my torn meniscus and unfolded and unwrapped something that was tangled around the knee capsule and I think scraped some arthritis.

I've had both hips replaced and that f ing hurt. So i thought this would be a PIECE OF CAKE. Hope to have a major change in my healing SOON but for now it SUCKS!

HOPE TO BE AT THE NEXT ABC MATCH or any dam match.
LOL
I hear Ibuprofen and a dose of IPA is good... Good luck man. Hope it goes well! Make sure to post how it goes, the fact you will be on pain meds will just make it more entertaining.:p

Here's a link to the club calendar: ARPC Calendar. There is a match next Saturday. Watching will give you a better idea of what's going on that reading about it. Plus you can see what equipment people are using. Most will be glad to explain what's going on. If you go out this weekend and decide you might want to try it, you'll need to take a class the Saturday before.

You may also want to try a Speed Steel match. No class needed because there isn't any running or changing positions. Don't need nearly as many mags because your reloads are between runs. But you still get the adrenaline rush of competing against the timer as well as yourself.

Im too fat for cool T-shirts to fit. Getting out of the house on the weekends is part of the plan to fix the fat problem though.

Nobody is too fat for a cool hat!:D Or tshirt. I dunno about shooting action competition as exercise, been doing it for 20yrs and I keep adding pounds. Have grown out of a few gunbelts.:rolleyes: Oh well. But yes getting off the couch is a great start!!! It will make you feel better too. Sunshine and exercise fight depression and SADs, this I know for sure.

I hope you recover quickly, fxdc! But, for the umpteenth time on this thread, take 'er slow! Even down the road. Hope you can get out there and compete ASAP! As Slow As Practical! :D

Oh, yeah if you

Well, you can omit the cool t-shirt and hat,

At least wear some cool glasses! And I recommend some kind of hat for sun relief, although there are those that shoot bareback. Mostly bald-headed guys showing off. Hoodies are out tho, not in the up position anyway. Take some water to stay hydrated, and a snack to keep energy up.

I hope you recover quickly, fxdc! But, for the umpteenth time on this thread, take 'er slow! Even down the road. Hope you can get out there and compete ASAP! As Slow As Practical! :D

It will be awhile, won't shoot on pin meds.....

Did 6hrs today at work and that was 2 hrs to much. If the roads are ok in the morning I will just do 4hr days for this week.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top