JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0131:

Today’s Seattle Times carries two pieces related to next Friday’s 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and yesterday a program was launched that essentially promotes gun control among elementary school children, leading up to next month’s Newtown anniversary.

<broken link removed>

Right back to the brainwashing of the kids.
Something must be done to take back control of the entire education process. If that is not done soon, there will be no more 2nd Amendment when these kids get to voting age. It is the core tactic of the black heart of communism.

Seattle is such a shell of its former self....its pathetic.

Have faith that the educational system and political correctness virus has not spread everywhere. In our school district where I live, teachers can carry concealed ( many do), guns are allowed on school property, we have ALOT of young people who are into the shooting sports ( for real, not just video games), and the whole environment where I live is very gun friendly. For example, I went to rodeo a few weeks ago and there was a gentleman who made leather goods who had a booth set up in the county fairgrounds building where the rodeo was taking place. He made holsters and guess what? He was open carrying his 1911 with 2 extra mags. I gave him a high five. The cool thing was, nobody even really paid any attention. I told my wife that I didn't think that would go over so well had it been at Key Arena or the Tacoma Dome.

Seattle is such a shell of its former self....its pathetic.

Have faith that the educational system and political correctness virus has not spread everywhere. In our school district where I live, teachers can carry concealed ( many do), guns are allowed on school property, we have ALOT of young people who are into the shooting sports ( for real, not just video games), and the whole environment where I live is very gun friendly. For example, I went to rodeo a few weeks ago and there was a gentleman who made leather goods who had a booth set up in the county fairgrounds building where the rodeo was taking place. He made holsters and guess what? He was open carrying his 1911 with 2 extra mags. I gave him a high five. The cool thing was, nobody even really paid any attention. I told my wife that I didn't think that would go over so well had it been at Key Arena or the Tacoma Dome.

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

But brace that thinking up there.
LaGrand and Wallowa have turned hippie liberal. At least by the looks of the shops it looked like NW Portland. Bend and Sisters is lost too. Kaliforicatia wack jobs everywhere.
The NE corner of the state seems to collect the commune people now.
LaPine and Prineville outskirts crime has jumped and a lot of drugs in the area. My wife's cousin got so fed up around Redmond they moved out about 80 miles from all of it into frigid winter sagebrush country.

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

But brace that thinking up there.
LaGrand and Wallowa have turned hippie liberal. At least by the looks of the shops it looked like NW Portland. Bend and Sisters is lost too. Kaliforicatia wack jobs everywhere.
The NE corner of the state seems to collect the commune people now.
LaPine and Prineville outskirts crime has jumped and a lot of drugs in the area. My wife's cousin got so fed up around Redmond they moved out about 80 miles from all of it into frigid winter sagebrush country.

Hi Taku,

I would say that Central Oregon is a lot better off than a lot of other areas. Prineville and Redmond have a very strong gun culture. Despite a lot of retirees from out of state and the artsy community Bend and Sisters still have a lot of pro gun people, more than you'd think. Not to mention Madras, Terrebonne and all the smaller suburbs. The majority of crimes are break ins and the like as most bad guys know we will be happy to dispatch them as needed.

Hi Taku,

I would say that Central Oregon is a lot better off than a lot of other areas. Prineville and Redmond have a very strong gun culture. Despite a lot of retirees from out of state and the artsy community Bend and Sisters still have a lot of pro gun people, more than you'd think. Not to mention Madras, Terrebonne and all the smaller suburbs. The majority of crimes are break ins and the like as most bad guys know we will be happy to dispatch them as needed.

True its much better but its creeping in there. Terrebonne, that was where he lived and moved from 2 yrs ago. I kind of liked Terrabonne.
We were going to retire over there and talked with folks and LE for about 2 yrs and the 2 places we were advised against moving was LaPine and the Hills between Prineville and the Resavoir. They said a bug upsurge in Drug dealers had moved into both of them.
We didn't see much problem with most of the area. Our two oldest grandaughters lived in both Bend and Redmond.
Seemed nice when we were there, but a bit artsy in the downtown Bend area. Sunriver was getting too crowded, and Sisters is mostly artsy fartsies. Madras hadn't changed much since I was a kid. Yep lots of retired around Crooked River Ranch area.
Last we heard about Joseph in the NE Corner, it was supposed to be some kind of artsy community.
We used to elk hunt up in the Joseph to Enterprise area. Was no art shops there then :)

True its much better but its creeping in there. Terrebonne, that was where he lived and moved from 2 yrs ago.
We were going to retire over there and talked with folks and LE for about 2 yrs and the 2 places we were advised against moving was LaPine and the Hills between Prineville and the Resavoir. They said a bug upsurge in Drug dealers had moved into both of them.
We didn't see much problem with most of the area. Our two oldest grandaughters lived in both Bend and Redmond.
Seemed nice when we were there, but a bit artsy in the downtown Bend area. Sunriver was getting too crowded, and Sisters is mostly artsy fartsies. Madras hadn't changed much since I was a kid. Yep lots of retired around Crooked River Ranch area.
Last we heard about Joseph in the NE Corner, it was supposed to be some kind of artsy community.
We used to elk hunt up in the Joseph to Enterprise area. Was no art shops there then :)

I'm kind of keeping my exact location anonymous...but lets just say I'm familiar with all the cities listed. Bends Westside has mostly become the haven for all the relocated California granola crunching crowd. I would say of all the towns over here, la Pine is probably the worst for drug-related crimes. Due to the city being located right on Hwy 97, its easy access for all the drug runners. Prineville isn't that bad, as most people over there would rather shoot first then ask questions later.....I think most people there are good folks.

I'm kind of keeping my exact location anonymous...but lets just say I'm familiar with all the cities listed. Bends Westside has mostly become the haven for all the relocated California granola crunching crowd. I would say of all the towns over here, la Pine is probably the worst for drug-related crimes. Due to the city being located right on Hwy 97, its easy access for all the drug runners. Prineville isn't that bad, as most people over there would rather shoot first then ask questions later.....I think most people there are good folks.

Yeah those homes in the west hills of bend are spendy.
We were seriously looking at Prineville. Found several homes we would have bought there if we had sold the farm in time, but the grandkids moved back over and we were flip flopping quite a bit. One thing, I would miss my springer fishing here.
We were also looking at a couple places on Ochoco Res.
Those hills up on the other side of Prineville res are huge subdivisions now. Lots marked off as far as we could see.
I really liked some of the ranches out east of there though. Long cold winters. Dry, but cold.
When a Kid, Between there and clear up to Boardman, I think I must have fired half a million rds or more chasing Jacks :) Good times. Lots of Chuckers in the big Canyons and deer everywhere.

Hwy 97 should be renamed to deaths hiway. We get the flash reports for over there and seems to be 3 to 5 head ons a week btwn there and K falls.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top