Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hooray for Obama - 400 million guns!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PaulB47, May 25, 2016.

1. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Sgt Nambu, GOG, Stomper and 5 others like this.
  2. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Hmmmm... Well at least he's been highly successful in ensuring that the American public at large are more adequately armed....

I personally have helped to contribute to those numbers over the past 8 years...

3. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

I hope that he appreciates that new feather in his cap. It couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.:rolleyes:

I've done my part to help contribute too.;)

Stomper and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss Klamath-Siskyou Well-Known Member

And now he's got his precious legacy.

5. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

i swear he and his goon squad all bought stock in every gun company back in '07-'08

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

My grand father brought his 1903 home. His son brought back his 1903A3 and a few others.
    I was not allowed to bring back anything, and yet there has been no shortage of replacements of all sorts

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Stomper, erudne, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  8. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

400,000,000 guns??!! :eek:

2aa.jpg

Hey, even Obama thinks so!!!!!

0af604035b5121092813cda8ad865055.jpg

Why thank you Mr. President, we couldn't have done it without you - your hatred and intolerance for so many people, your never-ending attacks on our rights and freedoms. You have done so much to help arm this country, we can never truly express our gratitude. Well done sir!! :confused:

STUKA, Patriot1668, ron and 3 others like this.
  9. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Those numbers make the concept of confiscation seem a bit impossible regardless of what emanates from Hillary, or Phloyd, or Ginny's we'll worn kokholsterz.

STUKA, Stomper, USMC-03 and 4 others like this.
  10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

400,000,000 x an average value of say $500.00 (remember there are Winchesters worth over 50K and of course Zimmermans Hi Std. to balance the cheapos) any way that's $200 billion in liquid assets. Yea they can confiscate those out of the economy.

11. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Don't forget to add in all the ammo, the magazines, scopes, lasers and other accessories and you have tons more $$. Then add in all the businesses from manufacturers to distributors to resalers to freight companies (how much does the USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. make each year transporting guns and accessories??) and you're probably talking far more than that. Then account for all the jobs that would be lost.

I don't think the gun industry, and guns in general, will likely ever go away. They will be restricted and taxed heavily, but they will continue. Just like cigarettes - too many people make a living selling tobacco, you can really never kill that industry. And in that case, it provides no positive purpose, but it will go on and on, regardless of all the taxes, etc., because it's worth too much money to too many people. I just don't think you can kill the gun culture because it's too beg a part of the economy now.

STUKA, Stomper, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  12. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

One day 20 years from now I'll be reading a story about how Obama was secretly invested in the firearms industry. I won't even be surprised when I read it.

STUKA, Stomper, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  13. 70cyclone

70cyclone Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How many home builds are there...
    what did you do today to support his legacy? ;)

14. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

My best friend has his grandfather's 03 from WWI and a German pickelhaube with a slit chin strap where he cut it off German officer with his bayonet.
    I have worked in several museums with nice 03s. I wish I would have bought one a decade or so ago when they were affordable.
    Brutus Out

15. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I am currently reviewing my asset acquisition and allocation prospects to fund a 10MM. So mr. prez, I am really trying, I really am.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

16. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Home builds? Try to buy parts for a Glock 17 lower right now. Glockmeister will tell you flat out that parts are difficult to source right now because of the release of the Polymer 80. They literally don't know when they will have some of the parts back in stock and they have stopped taking orders on build kits.

I know at least three people who have built multiple ARs from 80% lowers. So yeah, I think you're right.

Stomper and Brutus57 like this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

HA! The last few years have gotten me into so much trouble building from 80% kits! I am currently three away from a "Collection!" It's so much fun building your own, and seeing it run the first time out! I'm doing my best to help Mr Obummer in his cause!:D:D:D

Sgt Nambu, bolus, Stomper and 2 others like this.
  18. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

The number was even higher 6 or 7 years ago, people musta buried half of their guns since then

19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

Or lost them in a boating accident!o_O

Stomper likes this.
  20. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Totally, it happened to mine

Stomper likes this.