JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, not for US, y'unnerstan', just for Team GB members.

So the 56,997 other handgun shooters who had their legally-held handguns taken away by Tony B. Liar's boys can only go and watch, right?

Well, maybe not, since it all takes place behind alarmed and code-key locked doors.

What a ******* farce.

I'll take any and all comments in order, 'kay? But please remember that I'm just the messenger boy here, and lost more handguns back in 1998 than you'll find in many US gun-stores.

tac

You have our sympathy Tac - for real. I think I've read where some competitors practice with airsoft guns because firearm restrictions are so severe in their countries. [Japan comes to mind for some reason.]

tac ole chap, I do have to applaud you for posting this amazing article and to run the gauntlet. :)
Although I do have a few questions please don't take the banter personally. Keep calm and Carry.;)

Are they (TPTB) afraid that these pistols are going to just get up off the table and waltz right out of the range and willie nillie start shooting innocent people at a mall? Or are they afraid that the users of these pistols are not trustworthy with such destructive devices?:eek::eek::eek:

tac ole chap, I do have to applaud you for posting this amazing article and to run the gauntlet. :)
Although I do have a few questions please don't take the banter personally. Keep calm and Carry.;)

Are they (TPTB) afraid that these pistols are going to just get up off the table and waltz right out of the range and willie nillie start shooting innocent people at a mall? Or are they afraid that the users of these pistols are not trustworthy with such destructive devices?:eek::eek::eek:

Mornin', Jim. I'm assuming that you watched the rest of the video, with dozens of other shooters and their revolvers, pistols, long-range single-shot pistol and rifles of all kinds and calibres ALSO shooting at the same ranges on the same day?

None of those guns attacked anybody, of course, nor did any of those actually in charge of them run amok, either. This morning at our gun club, the usual forty or fifty shooters went about their shooting without any problems, nobody got hurt by anything, and calibres varied from good ol' .22RF right up to .338LM. The guy next to me was shooting a GSG M1911 .22 semi-auto pistol of the kind that we can have here in mainland yUK, and to nobody's amazement, when he put it down, it didn't go anywhere and shoot itself at anybody.

So how are the rest of us SO very different from the Team GB shooters? Your last comment is back to front, BTW. The Team GB shooters are locked inside the secure range - it is the rest of us who are locked out, figuratively and factually.

If we can be trusted with .50cal BMG rifles, why can't we be trusted with squeakpip .22 handguns?

To say that I'm quietly incensed by the this renewed p*ssing in my hat by the government goes nowhere towards how I really feel about it all.

tac

You have our sympathy Tac - for real. I think I've read where some competitors practice with airsoft guns because firearm restrictions are so severe in their countries. [Japan comes to mind for some reason.]

True, Japan has no national pistol team. I bleeve they might have a clay shooting team of some kind, but I really can't be arsed to go look.

Please don't get me going on airsoft stuff and the Violent Crime Reduction Bill of 2008.

ta

If we can be trusted with .50cal BMG rifles, why can't we be trusted with squeakpip .22 handguns?
I "like" this quote of yours tac.
Not that I like the ruling or restriction , just that your comment goes to show how useless many gun laws or restrictions are.
I'm glad you were able to keep the guns you do have.
Andy

Mornin', Jim. I'm assuming that you watched the rest of the video, with dozens of other shooters and their revolvers, pistols, long-range single-shot pistol and rifles of all kinds and calibres ALSO shooting at the same ranges on the same day?

None of those guns attacked anybody, of course, nor did any of those actually in charge of them run amok, either. This morning at our gun club, the usual forty or fifty shooters went about their shooting without any problems, nobody got hurt by anything, and calibres varied from good ol' .22RF right up to .338LM. The guy next to me was shooting a GSG M1911 .22 semi-auto pistol of the kind that we can have here in mainland yUK, and to nobody's amazement, when he put it down, it didn't go anywhere and shoot itself at anybody.

So how are the rest of us SO very different from the Team GB shooters? Your last comment is back to front, BTW. The Team GB shooters are locked inside the secure range - it is the rest of us who are locked out, figuratively and factually.

To say that I'm quietly incensed by the this renewed p*ssing in my hat by the government goes nowhere towards how I really feel about it all.

tac

You are spot on with your assessment of TPTB having no earthly idea of what's good for their citizens, much like here in the yuckUSA.....
If it wasn't for our founding fathers we would not doubt be in your dire situation with gun control.
Chin up brother in arms.;)

Hey, 1911 likes. Woohoo.
upload_2016-10-23_14-24-50.png

How do you do that?????:oops:
Screenshot. How to do it on Windows:
Make sure focus is on your web browser - or whatever window that you want to take an image of.
Press ALT-PRTSCN (Print Screen key is usually near your Scroll Lock and Break keys - those ones you never use)
Open Paint.
Press CTL-V to paste the screenshot into Paint.
Press ESC to lock the image in place in the Paint editor.
Make sure that the Select brush is selected:
upload_2016-10-23_16-37-22.png
Drag the cursor around the part of the image that you want to use. See how the dotted line surrounds your avatar and stats here:
upload_2016-10-23_16-39-50.png
Press CTL-C to copy the part of the image that you've selected.
Go to your new forum post, click where you want the image and press CTL-V to paste the part of the image that you copied.

@tac Sucks to be in that position... definitely time to go for the Green Card and stash the good stuff somewhere in a Free State here.

One of the things on my Powerball List for building my place in Texas... a separate basement vault where friends-from-out-of-town can secure the toys they can't take home with 'em. Tac would get slot #2 on the list, right after a freaky fraulein friend from Munich...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top