JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out the Vltor A5 buffer system. 3/4" longer tube--basically it's the M16 tube and spring, but with a shorter, heavy, springloaded buffer that goes a long way improving reliability on unsuppressed shorties like Mk 18's.
From what my gun is doing and what I have saw on the internet .my bolt carrier is moving back so fast it's not ejecting the shell . it's trying to pull the shell when it is still expanding in the chamber .so I need to slow it down and adjust the block

Last Edited:
Check out the Vltor A5 buffer system. 3/4" longer tube--basically it's the M16 tube and spring, but with a shorter, heavy, springloaded buffer that goes a long way improving reliability on unsuppressed shorties like Mk 18's.
I saw those on Optics planet I try one if I can't fix it with what I ordered already

Just read this thread. Ha! I would like to borrow the rainbow pic. Or steal. :rolleyes:
I have a new 'Lil Fren' that would be good for the ferry. Pardon the sock.

T5.jpg

Has anything settled on you yet?

naw.... however there's a couple of pretty nice kits in the classifieds I was looking at, but I'm not making any further purchases on anything beyond required living expenses in order to keep our savings (for 6 months of living expenses) buffered as much as possible since we don't know how long the pandemic will last.

Over the last 8-9 years I stocked up on all the HD kit and PDW's to kit up (and restock) an infantry squad (bought it cheap and stacked it deep!) so I don't need to spend resources on that particular aspect.

LOL.... last weekend on our 3-day road trip through Hell's Canyon I had my G19 and three mags, my 11.5" AR pistol (so I could legally carry loaded in the car in OR and ID) and three mags, my 3" Tanto folder, and my 3" Karambit folder.... but no body armor, that's for wussies.

:D

Translation.... I haven't settled on a body armor kit, yet. ;)
Ive never seen any use for an ar pistol, but now i do, thanks to you. Ill be sending you a bill. Never thought of it in the context of being something i could legally carry loaded in a vehicle. Beats the hell out of a wheel gun for that purpose. Now i need to figure out the legal mumbo jumbo of what constitutes an ar pistol as opposed to a sbr and whatnot.

Ive never seen any use for an ar pistol, but now i do, thanks to you. Ill be sending you a bill. Never thought of it in the context of being something i could legally carry loaded in a vehicle. Beats the hell out of a wheel gun for that purpose. Now i need to figure out the legal mumbo jumbo of what constitutes an ar pistol as opposed to a sbr and whatnot.
Below is an example of an AR pistol. This one is a Ghost Gun, as it was made by me. It's in 9mm and is legally a pistol so with my WA CPL I can carry it loaded in my vehicles. Still some for sale complete at places like Primary Arms or local shops. If you buy one sold to you as a hand gun, it's a hand gun and can be carried with you like any other hand gun in this state. Not to mention they are just a ton and a half of damn fun to shoot.

ltf2.png ltf3.png

Yeah, im thinkin a 5.56 "pistol" with a 10.5" barrel, a 1-8x24 scope, or a red dot reflex sight, with a 40 round pmag plus one in the chamber, that would be a fine truck gun.

Yeah, im thinkin a 5.56 "pistol" with a 10.5" barrel, a 1-8x24 scope, or a red dot reflex sight, with a 40 round pmag plus one in the chamber, that would be a fine truck gun.
Something for defense the Dot sight would most likely be a better all around. With a short tube like that most are not going to be shooting at much distance. The folding adapter by LawTac run around $200 bucks but they are very well made and being able to fold the brace like shown makes them very nice for carry options.

Wouldnt that folding stock make it a sbr though?
Nope, it can't be fired with the stock folded. Or I guess I should say you would only fire it one time that way :D
It's not a stock, its a pistol brace. The one on mine is one of the higher end ones, SB4. They are to me well worth the cost as they are very well made and work quite well. I have popped the stock off this and put it on an AR9 rifle I also made. Felt great at the range.

My two 80%-er twins... both of them are AR pistols.
4CAB039A-DEC3-457D-80DD-242D0098F0AA.jpeg

I prefer a minimum of 11.5" barrels for increased dwell time (more reliable operation) and less ballistic degradation of the 5.56... plus it's as close to the CAR15's that I used to rock in the Army as I can get without tax stamps. ;)

Last Edited:
I really need to figure out the difference between a stock and a "pistol brace" i guess, cause those look like stocks to me
That is the idea. You can google how this all came about. It was a long process with lots of stuff along the way. The SB3 and SB4 as long as you do not alter them make a great brace to use as a brace, and of course work great as a stock too. It's why they were worth the cost to me. So far the only way to get into gray area is if you alter the brace. Like take the strap off it or such. Also the gun has to remain within the length requirements.
Here is one example of a gun that is ready to go.

"But given how relaxed security is, I've wondered why anyone would bother going after a jet when you could drive a van full of whatever you want right on board...men, guns, explosives, etc."
I have often thought a van bomb on a ferry would be an effective terrorist strike: lots of casualties, spectacular damage, days and days in the media...

AR pistols for CCW: I could be wrong, but it seems like it wouldn't be all that difficult to load and deploy a carbine in a car. You would have your EDC sidearm for instantaneous use. Popping a mag in and dropping the bolt doesn't take long, and you would probably be stopping anyway. A Daewoo rifle with folding stock and 20" barrel (no buffer) is a pretty compact package, and a rockin' piece of GO AWAY. There were some WASR10s a while back with long flash dousers to make 16" and a folding stock - another compact piece of protection. And of course we can't ignore the Raptor style firearms either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top