JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think they already tried making alcohol illegal. Did not go well and law was repealed. I VERY much doubt anyone in congress is going to try to bring this law back. They would be laughed out of the place.
Not saying to ban alcohol, we all know how that went, but using the consumption of a legalized substance, alcohol, to deny an individual their right to bear arms. Just as is being done with legalized weed...

In this case, what's the difference between legalized weed and alcohol, both are "legal" substances, both are capable of altering judgement, behavior, et.al.

Me thinks it's not a stretch to get there next...

Not saying to ban alcohol, we all know how that went, but using the consumption of a legalized substance, alcohol, to deny an individual their right to bear arms. Just as is being done with legalized weed...

In this case, what's the difference between legalized weed and alcohol, both are "legal" substances, both are capable of altering judgement, behavior, et.al.

Me thinks it's not a stretch to get there next...

Alcohol is legal, weed is not by the Feds. This was why Honolulu did this. They were not using a state law to say this to the gun owners, they were using the Fed law. While the anti are always looking for some new law this is just not going to happen. At least not from you buying the stuff. Now if you are running around snockered with a gun? Then yes, some states already will come after you for this. Any state trying to say you bought alcohol so you can't have a gun would be laughed out of the court house.

We need some people in congress that can read.

#2 Shall not be infringed
#10 The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

#10 The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Well again this is where people need to think before they vote. I have been trying to tell gun owners for many years. Laws and the constitution mean nothing. What some person in a black robe says they mean is what they mean. When gun owners vote in more liberals they are shooting themselves. I have watched for decades as gun owners vote in liberals then scream at the laws the people they voted in pass and the judges these people put on the bench. As long as gun owners keep voting in left leaning grabbers they voted for the grabbing they are screaming about.

Pro or con the use of pot is immaterial...
...the real stupidity of the State here is that THEY are ignoring/breaking current Federal law by passing State laws to allow pot's production/sale/use and then they are turning around and declaring citizens are then breaking the law by following the law.

The State of Hawaii wants to turn citizens into subjects, pot is just a handy test to see how it goes... the next step will be to make a very common infraction like rolling through a stop sign (threat to public safety) or ignoring lawn watering restrictions (theft of public property) into felonies so nobody can legally own a gun.

Other anti-2nd States are watching this...and want to follow.

what about all the illegal pot smokers there? they gonna turn in their guns? i have very close ties to hawaii and i promise you, theyre not going to turn anything in. atleast not anyone in my family.

Next will be alcohol and guns, you'll have to make a choice Mr. Smith, we notice you purchase X amount of alcohol daily/weekly/monthly...

You have 30 days to dispose of your firearms or be in violation of our laws...
Or your internet habits. Pretty soon we'll be reduced to exchanging thumb drives to each other in back alleys.
probably

I think they already tried making alcohol illegal. Did not go well and law was repealed. I VERY much doubt anyone in congress is going to try to bring this law back. They would be laughed out of the place.
I don't like weed, but has making it illegal worked any better than prohibition of alcohol? I think the two are darn near identical in consequence.

The issue for me is that Hawaii has the ability to do this. Guns are Registered.

If you get a prescription for an Opiod. Which are abused by some people. Do you have to surrender your guns?

If you get a prescription for an SSRI, which are problematic for some people, do you have to surrender your guns?

With registration and single payer, you could show at the pharmacy and be denied the medication. The database technology is trivial ( ok, I get that we are talking Governement here - how much is Oregon spend for Obamacare web page, $600,000,000 and how many have ever used it - 0 )

What if you make an appointment with a psychologist/psychiatrist - single payer system, they know.
"Mr. Smith, we see that you have an appointment for depression. And you have guns. You will have to surrender those before you are seen."

The issue for me is that Hawaii has the ability to do this. Guns are Registered.

If you get a prescription for an Opiod. Which are abused by some people. Do you have to surrender your guns?

If you get a prescription for an SSRI, which are problematic for some people, do you have to surrender your guns?

With registration and single payer, you could show at the pharmacy and be denied the medication. The database technology is trivial ( ok, I get that we are talking Governement here - how much is Oregon spend for Obamacare web page, $600,000,000 and how many have ever used it - 0 )

What if you make an appointment with a psychologist/psychiatrist - single payer system, they know.
"Mr. Smith, we see that you have an appointment for depression. And you have guns. You will have to surrender those before you are seen."
^^^. Exactly this... when they're emboldened to go after muzzle loaders in other states, it's just a matter of time before we all are victimized and become criminals...

Gotta fight back folks, I mean seriously fight back, cause it's almost too late...

The State of Hawaii wants to turn citizens into subjects...
Your a bit late in thinking that. Since the Islanders already had been "Subjects". They had their own King then they became "Subjects" of the King/Queen of England. Even after HI came under U.S. control they were Told what the Rules we're and their Gun Laws are already some of the strictest in the Country.

You lost those battles starting with the civil war.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top