JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Honolulu Police Department has told legal marijuana users who own guns that they must turn in their weapons within 30 days.

In a letter to about 30 medical marijuana card holders on Oahu, the police said "you have 30 days upon receipt of this letter to voluntarily surrender your firearms."

Police have been sending the letters since at least January.

One letter was signed by Susan Ballard, the new chief of police, and dated Nov. 13.

"Your medical marijuana use disqualifies you from ownership of firearms and ammunition," the letter said.

Continue Reading: Honolulu police tell legal marijuana users to turn in their firearms

Who didnt see this coming? It was a democrat TRAP "keep em stoned and unable to defend themselves while taxing the $ crap out of it" ....west coast USA gun advocates with MJ cards should worry

61055.png

Last Edited:
Many people don't realize how strict the Gun Laws are in Paradise because most of those Laws were put in place before it became a State.

Not that I agree with the State of Hawaii on this but if the goal is not to mix marijuana and guns, then the letter should ask for either the guns or the medical marijuana to be turned in. The person should be able to choose....

This seems contrived and hypocritical as the only real thing making smoking dope illegal is federal law (it is obviously legal as per their state law) yet they thumb their nose at federal law at every turn, to wit, their repeated ignoring of the entry ban of the seven named muslim countries etc., etc.

I think the headline is a bit misleading... As far as the feds go there is no such thing as legal weed.

I personally don't think weed should be a schedule one drug, but it is. Far as I am concerned you have a choice. You can be a legal firearm owner which means staying away from "legal" weed or you can partake of your state "legal" weed and give up firearms or risk felony charges

If you mix the two you very well could end up with far worse problems. To me it would be a simple choice as there are very real reasons I need a firearm, I personally have no need of weed. Now a person who is in chronic pain who uses weed for relief has to make their own call and live with the consequences. Life is full of choices.

I did have to laugh at this. No I don't think that Pot should be the way it is but it is. Yes this is funny that a state that regularly ignores Federal law when they don't like it suddenly found a Fed law they want to enforce, guns. I am sure there are a few out there who really do use pot for some medical use. To them it is sad. I suspect most who use pot just want to use it. I often find myself amused at how many of them are willing to forgo good jobs for the "right" to get high. I smoked a lot of pot as a kid. I stopped when they started doing pee tests to get a decent job. The work was FARRRR more important to me than the pot.

Next will be alcohol and guns, you'll have to make a choice Mr. Smith, we notice you purchase X amount of alcohol daily/weekly/monthly...

You have 30 days to dispose of your firearms or be in violation of our laws...

Next will be alcohol and guns, you'll have to make a choice Mr. Smith, we notice you purchase X amount of alcohol daily/weekly/monthly...

You have 30 days to dispose of your firearms or be in violation of our laws...
I think they already tried making alcohol illegal. Did not go well and law was repealed. I VERY much doubt anyone in congress is going to try to bring this law back. They would be laughed out of the place.

I am sure there are a few out there who really do use pot for some medical use. To them it is sad. I suspect most who use pot just want to use it.
And I suspect most who HAVE gotten 'medical' cards really want to use it for more than 'pain relief' considering those I have known with 'medical cards' are stoned nearly 24/7.

I have known lots of people who used pot for legitimate pain relief, including my 98 year old grandmother who used a weed based ointment for joint pain. A woman who has never touched any kind of recreational drug in her entire life and my brothers father in law who after gettting cancer found that he was much more able to function taking oral weed based pain meds than his prescription mophine.

The idea that weed users just want to get high is much like the statement drinkers just want to get drunk. It's only true for a small percentage of users.

Pot is not a dangerous drug, far less of a problem than alcohol. Yet it is illegal and alcoholic beverages are not. 95% of pot users are not problematic people, all of the ones I know are upper class folks. Everyone I know that is staunchly anti weed only knows what the government has told them and lumps it in with hard drug use even though it's a stone cold fact Alcohol is a far greater risk to health and society

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top