JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone recommend a reputable used car dealer in Vancouver/Portland?

I'm looking for a full-sized SUV (Lexus GX470 or Toyota equivalent) and need to trade in a BMW sedan. When I purchased my BMW sedan in on the East Coast, I had to wade through a ton of dealers that were asking 2-5k above dealer retail, hoping someone was a big enough sucker to do so. I finally bought it from a fantastic dealer asking 1.5k UNDER dealer retail, and figured that I would never buy from anyone else again. But sadly, it wouldn't make sense to buy it there and drive it back here.

So, whom might you recommend who has decent inventory and is interested in selling me all my cars for the rest of my life (as opposed to someone hoping to screw me now)?

Consider a broker. I've used Auto Solution http://cuautosolution.com/about/ on a couple of purchases. You tell them what you want and they go out and find it. You dont have to deal with any dealers. They can get fleet pricing. On my first car bought through them they delivered it to my office and I signed paperwork over lunch and they brought the plates with them.

They get paid by a flat fee at the time of purchase. I think it is $750. but with the reduced pricing they can get I still paid less than going to the dealer.

Consider a broker. I've used Auto Solution http://cuautosolution.com/about/ on a couple of purchases. You tell them what you want and they go out and find it. You dont have to deal with any dealers. They can get fleet pricing. On my first car bought through them they delivered it to my office and I signed paperwork over lunch and they brought the plates with them.

They get paid by a flat fee at the time of purchase. I think it is $750. but with the reduced pricing they can get I still paid less than going to the dealer.

Excellent resource. I had no idea such a service existed. That will be my first call on Monday.

I had a good experience in Portland with NW Specialty Auto, on 82nd. Must have visited a dozen dealers, and they were the most up front and forth coming. Very nice folks.

But yeah... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA over all......

Carmax could possibly be an option. I've never bought from them. Seems like they are legit. Whenever I buy used, I usually like to go through a private party. Seems like I save a little bit of money doing it that way. Good luck.

If you're looking for a nicer vehicle, I would to to Freeman motors. For the most part, the price is the price. They choose higher quality used vehicles, and they price them pretty fairly, so there really isn't any negotiating. My buddy was able to negotiate a bit on a car that had been there for a while.

Just stay away from Bergs Car Company in Beverton.

I'm not going into the lies/BS/mis-representation/idiots that work there, but just remember;

Caveat emptor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

DISCLAIMER:
This is my impression, based solely upon my experiences with this auto sales company, and does not necessarily represent the quality, experience, or results you may experience if dealing with these lying bass-turds.........:p:confused:o_O

I've bought and traded several vehicles from Gordon Trif of Len Sutton Enterprises. His specialty is Volvo XC90s, and such, but he is honest to a fault. I once wanted to buy a car that he took in on trade, but when I mentioned that my young daughter would be the primary driver, he told me he wouldn't let his daughter drive it. Wouldn't sell it to me. He wasn't trying to upsell me, he didn't even offer up another vehicle. Message me if you like, and l'll dig his number up.

It has already been suggested, but I have used an auto broker through my credit union for the last two vehicle purchases. It works great, and the last purchase took less then 24 hours to complete. I just tell him what I want and he find it at a good price. It may not be the best price possible, but I am no being cheated. I really don't like dealing with car dealers, I find the whole process to be a huge waste of my time. With the broker, I just sit back and the cars show up to me. He even drives them to me for me to test drive.

The broker I've used is Auto Mentors

Specifically Steve Uchida

Best of luck

Advise against Lot99LLC in Miluakee.

Buddy just bought a car there and 10 days later the motor knocks. Any mechanic worth their salt can hear a knock and "make it stop" for a few days until it's sold "as is"...

Now he is out of a car that can't run and an engine is $1200 for drop in or $1000 for us to rebuild it. Subaru engines aren't cheap.

Buddy just bought a car there and 10 days later the motor knocks. Any mechanic worth their salt can hear a knock and "make it stop" for a few days until it's sold "as is"...

Now he is out of a car that can't run and an engine is $1200 for drop in or $1000 for us to rebuild it. Subaru engines aren't cheap.

Teach your friend how to pull the dipstick and see if it is loaded up on motor honey. The guys who used to run the engines on these POS air cooled Deutz diesels out of oil then dump clean oil in them when I went out to pick them up needed to learn to put dirty oil back in them. Very seldom does a wasted diesel engine have clean oil in it.

I am sorry to say, but $1200 for a drop in and $1000 for a rebuild is cheap when it comes to engines.

I have never used a broker but seems like a good way to go. If they want repeat business they better not hose you, with today's internet you can pretty much waste anybody's reputation in about 30 seconds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top