JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so I have a one of one Oregon edition Ruger 10/22, it was made to commemorate the "50 best guns ever made," an article written back in 2005 for Field and Stream. The Hunting Heritage Trust and Ruger teamed up for it. They made one for each state, and I have the one for Oregon. Has all the authentication paperwork and box, does have two small marks on the barrel. I bought it because everyone loves the 10/22, but there are very few truly collectable models out there. This is a one of one that will ever be made.

A guy is offering me an unfired Mak-90 that he bought back in the early 1990's just as the assault weapons ban was going into affect. He is the only owner, and has all the stuff it came with (oiler, gun strap, 5 round mag), and a 10 and 20 round mag. It has the stamped receiver, and has three lines of grinding marks on the left side of the receiver, as if they were trying to grind off three rows of text that had been stamped on it. This guy bought this gun as an investment thinking the value would someday rise, and he was right, though I wonder for how long the value will stay up. Currently they are selling for between 800 to 1200 on gunbroker, but I wonder how much of that is the affect of the ban fears.

Both of us keep going back and forth on whether we want to do the deal or not.

The value of my gun is pretty stable, but the value of his may drop back to half next month or triple.

Thoughts?

I understand the dilemma. Mak 90s are a dime a dozen, while there is only one oregon edition ruger. I would still say that the mak90 is worth more, and even if this ban does not go through, it will still be worth more. On top of that you can shoot the mak90 without hurting the value. I am not a fan of guns that are so nice.rare that I do not want to shoot. I just do not have that kind of money....yet.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the insight. I've never owned or had a use or want for a gun like this, so didn't know anything about them. Have to admit there is a curiosity factor. Guess I'll accept the offer if he wants to do it. Although, if he is a member here and sees this he may rethink the whole thing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top