JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea that homicide has ever been a leading cause of death in the US is preposterous. Maybe in the tiny island of crime and corruption that we call the District of Columbia, LOL. I've never known anyone who was murdered.....well, one kid ruled a suicide that we thought was fishy.......but I've met people who have died from cancer, diabetes, drug reactions, stroke, old age. Seen a ton of highway deaths....maybe they are using those charged with manslaughter in vehicle or other negligent deaths to pad the homicide numbers? I smell something.

yeah but they weren't saying firearm use in homicides, from what i see that is just where the thread went. guys story was that anti gunners couldn't use those numbers to their advantage anymore, but homicides are A:committed with more then just guns, and B: no way can i see them happening as much as car wrecks and overdoses, let alone cancer etc. The idea that one could use murders as anti gun propaganda is as bad as someone using obesity as anti-cheezburger propaganda. It isn't just cheezburgers that cause fat asses, and banning legal cheezburger eating isn't going to stop obesity.

(was typing while the above post went up sorry if it doesn't make sense now lol)

Sophistry and an invalid analogy again. You can't compare testing of an atomic weapon to target shooting, whether recreational or competitive. Target shooting is an activity engaged in for its own purposes, not as a test or preparation for future killing.

They didn't award Olympic medals to these women for skill at killing. :)

Actually I disagree on this one as well. Competition traditionally was a way to improve the skills for the battlefield. In fact if you look at the Switzerland for example, and their reasons for encouraging shootings sports, it's still the same today as it was before. And they haven't even been engaged in war for quite some time :)

Fencing, spear throwing, bow shooting - all Olympic sports. All were invented for killing.

... Primary function of a firearm is to kill. ...

I've heard this before. And I'll repeat what I said back then. If this is true then firearms are the greatest engineering failure in the history of mankind. Even if you went to the extreme end and said each firearm used in a shooting was a different one, then 250 million firearms in the US (number approximate) did not shoot/kill someone this year and thus failed in their primary function. And even worse, a vast majority of the 10 billion rounds of ammunition sold in the US annually failed to hit/kill their target. The number of these items actually accomplishing their primary function is so small as to be statistically insignificant.

A firearm is a force multiplier. It is designed to move a projectile along a given trajectory at a high rate of speed. The purpose it is given is provided by the person wielding the firearm. It is an inanimate object that is used according to the desires of an individual.

elsie

I doesn't matter that 95% (or likely more) shots fired are to punch paper. Primary function of a firearm is to kill. Primary function of a car is to transport. One just needs to be careful when using such arguments with anti-gun people, it's a self-made trap :)

"Infiltrate thier chatrooms!" Cass Sunstien, Communist and Obama Minion

I doesn't matter that 95% (or likely more) shots fired are to punch paper. Primary function of a firearm is to kill.
The primary function of a firearm is for ones protection and to put food on the table. It's up to each human individual as to how this tool is used. Some choose to kill people with it.

How does one protect oneself? Perhaps through the threat of injury or death?

How do you put food on your table with a gun?

By killing an animal, or fertilizing your garden?

What's with the politically correct guns aren't made to kill?

I use mine for target practice, but I know why it was developed.

The founding fathers were not thinking of target practice when they came up with the 2nd

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top