JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The question is: do you give up the right of self defense because you are involved in an illegal act which is non-violent and someone then decides to rob you at gun point? If I remember correctly (I'm not going to look it up right now) sometime this past year a judge determined that a felon did not give up his right to self defense. Now he might get into trouble for the method (ie felon in possession of a firearm), but if it was determined self defense then he probably should be charged specifically with the death (manslaughter, murder or whatever). This kind of falls half way between, in my opinion.

elsie

May have dropped the homicide charges but they can come back and charge him for an illegal drug act and tack on 5 extra years because he was in posession of a firearm while doing so.

And this drug dealer with weapons works at the portland airport. So it must be safe. Probably for huntleigh. Most of them are ghetto hoods.

To bad they both didn't have good shots.

Obama is probably really disappointed in his sons

no, you do not give up your right to self defense if your a felon or even doing something illegal.

But what the article says is the kid has no felony record, so thats not part of the equation here.

A form of gun control that none of us should approve of.o_O Is it OK to kill an assailant with a bat but not with a gun?

A lot of people don't realize that this is how they slowly disarm us all. Add more and more people to the denied parties list. In WA, you break a window that costs more than $250 to repair and you are a felon, banned from voting, owning, etc.

Yet you can get into a thousand misdemeanor bar fights and vote, buy guns, etc. These laws...they make no sense...

A lot of people don't realize that this is how they slowly disarm us all. Add more and more people to the denied parties list. In WA, you break a window that costs more than $250 to repair and you are a felon, banned from voting, owning, etc.

Yet you can get into a thousand misdemeanor bar fights and vote, buy guns, etc. These laws...they make no sense...
Misdemeanor domestic assault is already a disqualifier to firearm ownership I believe. Justice Thomas rhetorically questioned what other misdemeanor infraction could strip a person of a constitutional right? Increasing the scope of disqualifying offenses is a "natural" further step to decreasing the number of people who can posses firearms for the control freaks among us.

Don't know about Oregon law, but if it was the same as Washington I have to admit that I would be inclined to welcome Portland Anarchists having those prohibitions levied, provided they were arrested in the first place and then convicted (slim chance in Portland today).

How does everyone feel about Gov. of Virginia(?) providing pardons to 140,000 Felons in time to register to vote? Does that restore their rights to legally purchase firearms?

WUWT???

Power corrupts...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews