JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm shopping my insurance coverage and decided to get a quote from Amica even though I had heard they are not firearms friendly.

So I went online and got a quote for homeowners insurance from them. Afterwards I called to speak to a representative to confirm the quote. She asked a lot of questions about the house construction, whether we ran any businesses from home, and lastly whether there were any firearms in the home. I said yes I own firearms. She asked how many and I reluctantly told her. She asked if they had trigger locks on them. I said no they don't; they are actually kept in a 1000 lbs. safe bolted to the floor and my house gun is in a separate safe. Then she asked (and here she struggled for the right terminology) if I had concealed carry license. I said yes I do. She asked if I had training with firearms. I replied I had training. Then she moved on other questions.

At the end she gave me the quote and it was actually lower than the online quote and substantially lower than my current insurance company. I was shocked because I really thought they would either turn me down or give me an outrageous quote to make me go away.

So has anyone else had any actual experience with Amica? I don't want to hear about a friend of friend's experience.

Last Edited:
I applied for a quote with Amica and was also asked about guns in the household, how many i had, were there trigger locks etc. I questioned whether this was just a new employee or someone that was anti gun and whether Amica is anti gun, The person I later talked at Amica's headquarters said that Amica is not anti gun but that they are asking these questions to assess a liability hazard. I obtained quotes from other companies and not one other company asked anything about guns. I went with another company.

My folks had Amica for years back East. 30+ years.

Filed 1 claim, that required $40,000 worth of environmental work be done. Unknown buried kerosene tank (Cape Cod Massachusetts). Total scam, as no true environmental concerns, but once the Mass Water Resource folks got involved the scam went full tilt bonkers.

Were dropped, in essence after that. Needed the work to complete the sale to sell that house. Priced out for insurance by them on there new place in South Carolina.

That said, we have our auto, home and umbrella with them. Best price (for us). Figure if something happens, it happens & they'll pay. Then we'll just go with someone else.

We have Amica and They've been great! Lowest price when we were shopping around. I to had a similar experience with a lot of questions about firearms. To the point I was actually getting annoyed. After everything was said and done the person told me that at a certain dollar value (and I can't remember the exact dollar amount now) it was a good idea to carry a rider on my insurance policy. I asked how much the rider was and it was still cheaper than my previous policy that didnt ask about guns.

Was true for me with Nationwide. Well, they didn't technically drop me, just made it very clear that I could no longer afford their services.

I had USAA for years. Until they tried to screw me on a claim. They are supposed to serve Vets and members of the military but got caught in a class action lawsuit using software for claims that would fradulently deny claims.

My claim and suit was prior to the class action lawsuit.

Crappy thing is I was paying a ridiculous amount, then when I needed them they screwed me.

Seems like anyone who ever tells me they filed a claim they got dropped no matter the company. True?

I had State Farm & was involved in 5 accidents in 5 years and those were just the one's they knew about & they never dropped me. One of them was when I caused an accident & got my p/u t-boned, damage was $15k and the other guys car was totaled so they paid that too. On the last one I did $6k damage to someone's vehicle and I told SF I wouldn't have the damage to my car repaired if they would keep my auto ins payment at $4k/yr

When I was stationed in Ft hood (Archie's 39 cent hamburgers!) I went and bought a motorcycle. Got it insured through Tideland. $12 bucks a month. That was just for liability though. Those were the days.
When I ETS'd and went back to NY the rates were astronomical. I kept my Texas plates and insurance until I bailed out of NY and went to NC. For full coverage on my current bike (a road burner) I'm just over $300 a year.

When I was stationed in Ft hood (Archie's 39 cent hamburgers!) I went and bought a motorcycle. Got it insured through Tideland. $12 bucks a month. That was just for liability though. Those were the days.
When I ETS'd and went back to NY the rates were astronomical. I kept my Texas plates and insurance until I bailed out of NY and went to NC. For full coverage on my current bike (a road burner) I'm just over $300 a year.

If you are trying to make me feel better that isn't helping:eek:

I had State Farm & was involved in 5 accidents in 5 years and those were just the one's they knew about & they never dropped me. One of them was when I caused an accident & got my p/u t-boned, damage was $15k and the other guys car was totaled so they paid that too. On the last one I did $6k damage to someone's vehicle and I told SF I wouldn't have the damage to my car repaired if they would keep my auto ins payment at $4k/yr

This is commercial insurance, so it isn't cheap from the get go
I currently have no tickets or accidents for past 5 yrs which does help

LOL.... I pay less than $1,400 a year for FULL coverage on a Chevy Suburban and a Mercedes E350, and $215 a year for FULL coverage on my Harley.

Both policies also have roadside assistance.
$220 a year was full coverage on my last bike. I'm similar to you with the car insurance, Tahoe and Pilot. Funny though, before I sold the last bike, Insurance for both was $340.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top