JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know, I agree. Over the top, but remember someone with a Pineapple router that is a smooth talker is also a threat. We don't know the terrain or situation (favorite LEO excuse I know) but if she "looked" and "sounded" legit he should of let her stay? He did not have a right to intimidate her. We are all armchair quarterbacking this, but it is a good lesson on use of force and use of common sense

Just post your issues here, he is probably a member, seeing as I see enough times in threads here about how some members state they would act the same way as that guy did...

if you think you can roll up to a country house at dark like you are in downtown Seattle and check your maps or make a call expect the "Neighborhood Watch" to inquire.

I had one of those too. He got lit up with the surefire (handheld, not weapon mounted) and I think I scared him straight.

Don't pull into and sit in rural driveways to figure out where you're supposed to be.
:s0140:

Well, now ya got us all curiouser and stuff... o_O
I'll bite - sort of.

I said some words I shouldn't have about Bezos and unmarked vehicles and said even Dominos and Uber has markings. LOL after she said she was an Amazon driver and had a "right" to be there. Similar to the OP.

She was driving a slammed blacked out yellow new Camaro that El Chapo would be proud to own --doesnt matter but provides context.

And I said something about if Bezos can fire Captain Kirk into space they can get some blanking placards. At no time did I say any words like "sh$&t or brandish (or laser).....or even approach.

She said she felt scared in the area so they locked my account. She should feel scared showing up in my driveway. Sorry. LOL I got a family to protect from all the weirdos being pumped out or brought in every day.

Go to the sheriff's department and file an incident report, not a criminal complaint. Demand that it be filed whether anything comes of it or not. You want that paperwork to be there in writing. If you don't the next time he does it 6 months down the road THAT one becomes the first report of it bc you know the deputy did nothing with it!

Like a dangerous dog report, you do the same thing. A series of repititous events make for a much better charge or court case. Get a PO Box and use that as your mailing address for this incident report. Do not confront him or you will be seen as the aggressor. Get an essay book and write down any and all incidents you have with him, even driving by and he gets riled up as you pass, dates and times. Do not stop or look at him. Just move on, probably just missed a couple of his meds.

It would be ironic if OP decided to go confront the man he detailed only to get lost and trespass on someone else's property in a threatening manner. Property owned by someone here who posted he should leave it alone.

We won't be so lucky, of course.

So I was just thinking (I know, dangerous) and remembering how when Pokemon GO, geocaching and Waypoint were all popular... on my road, got a landmark on county land right across from my house that was used a lot for these games. I'd have people backed in to the area with their headlights aimed right at my living room window (couple hundred feet away, but still massively annoying).

On more than one occasion, when someone loitered there for a long time -- or even more alarmingly, parked there with lights off), I walked out (armed, but not visibly) with a 1000-lumen Surefire or Streamlight and light them up. Frankly, sometimes it seemed so strange I would get really suspicious. Only a couple of times did the people roll down their windows to ask WTF? They usually left quickly. I guess the folks that play those games were never into confrontation.

But I live on a dead-end rural road and there's no other houses visible from the road, so after the first time my house was broken into, I became a vigilante. Zero tolerance for loiterers around my property.

My point (and I do have one, believe it or not) is that we don't know what history the dude in the OP's story may have that precipitated his drastic and way over the top response to a parked car on his road.

Something still doesn't seem right about the deputy's lackadaisical attitude and total misinformation. If OP's wife was not on his property, dude was in clear violation of at least two RCWs (9.41.230 and 270 comes to mind) and I've seen guys charged for less.

Honestly, when I saw page 4 of this thread this morning and saw OP's response to those of us giving him safe advice, I'm on Team Old Dude. I don't care what his motives were, sympathy meter for OP and his wife went to zero.

had scums park accross street 2 nights ago in wee hours of morning. Driver stayed in vehicle and other guy walking fast with a heavy backpack made 3 trips (not to a residence). Very suspicious to say the least and a car was stolen later that morning nearby.

I had all the options for confrontation at my disposal and I was three stories above them, a perfectly defendable position. Note I did not see a crime in progress but breaking into cars and also stealing them is a nightly occurrence around here. I could have chose to ignore. Calling police not a realistic option as those who live here know. I finally decided on blatantly shining 1000 lumen flashlight (not weapon mounted) at him and at car So they knew somebody was watching them closely. They left. I have done the same thing with phone video during the day outside in the past. Crims don't like it when they know they are being watched or recorded.

So even when u are on edge about criminals due to lots of crime in ur area there are "levels of escalation/confeontation" in any encounter. Fe body language if ur outside, voice, flashlight if at night, video on phone, pepper spray, frozen paint balls, and upward to more impactful options.

In the OP's case the old fart went right to threat of deadly force. That puts everybody ina bind immediately and of course provokes strong reactions. If it was someone else in the car (such as another jumpy old fart or a crim) they could have immediately started shooting. The old fart had tons of options to confront the woman in the car. Imo nothing wrong at all with heaving a deadly weapon ready (not pointing at someone) if needed. But using it to force a maybe life or death escalation right off the bat is just stupid imo.

Btw since we are talking about non deadly force options to drive away crims, I got some skunk juice the other day after @Reno kindly posted about its existence in another thread. Does anyone know if it's possible to fill a paintball with skunk juice? I don't know jack about paintballs. This skunk juice is so strong that even though it is in a sealed bottle and wrapped in layers of plastic it still stinks like heck. I'm pondering whether a full auto paintball gun filled with paintballs that are a mix of water and skunk juice might be an option in terms of "another tool in the toolbox". In particular it might help with squatters (can't use H word anymore cuz people call that discrimination) up residence in front of your house or whatever.

Last Edited:
had scums park accross street 2 nights ago in wee hours of morning. Driver stayed in vehicle and other guy walking fast with a heavy backpack made 3 trips (not to a residence). Very suspicious to say the least and a car was stolen later that morning nearby.

I had all the options for confrontation at my disposal and I was three stories above them, a perfectly defendable position. Note I did not see a crime in progress but breaking into cars and also stealing them is a nightly occurrence around here. I could have chose to ignore. Calling police not a realistic option as those who live here know. I finally decided on blatantly shining 1000 lumen flashlight (not weapon mounted) at him and at car So they knew somebody was watching them closely. They left. I have done the same thing with phone video during the day outside in the past. Crims don't like it when they know they are being watched or recorded.

So even when u are on edge about criminals due to lots of crime in ur area there are "levels of escalation/confeontation" in any encounter. Fe body language if ur outside, voice, flashlight if at night, video on phone, pepper spray, frozen paint balls, and upward to more impactful options.

In the OP's case the old fart went right to threat of deadly force. That puts everybody ina bind immediately and of course provokes strong reactions. If it was someone else in the car (such as another jumpy old fart or a crim) they could have immediately started shooting. The old fart had tons of options to confront the woman in the car. Imo nothing wrong at all with heaving a deadly weapon ready (not pointing at someone) if needed. But using it to force a maybe life or death escalation right off the bat is just stupid imo.

Btw since we are talking about non deadly force options to drive away crims, I got some skunk juice the other day after @Reno kindly posted about its existence in another thread. Does anyone know if it's possible to fill a paintball with skunk juice? I don't know jack about paintballs. This skunk juice is so strong that even though it is in a sealed bottle and wrapped in layers of plastic it still stinks like heck. I'm pondering whether a full auto paintball gun filled with paintballs that are a mix of water and skunk juice might be an option in terms of "another tool in the toolbox". In particular it might help with squatters taking up residence in front of your house or whatever.
I've been told that paintballs are notorious for breaking apart before they hit the target, anywhere from inside the gun to a few feet from impact. If it were me I'd look for something else.

I've been told that paintballs are notorious for breaking apart before they hit the target, anywhere from inside the gun to a few feet from impact. If it were me I'd look for something else.
Good to know thx. I'm currently thinking about lightbulbs with sealed end to make nasty stink bombs but I'm open to ideas. If there is even a pretty remote chance of it breaking in the gun it would not be worth it. That smell would be hel* to get out. Those little appliance sized bulbs might be good or larger bulbs for more impact.

Good to know thx. I'm currently thinking about lightbulbs with sealed end to make nasty stink bombs but I'm open to ideas. If there is even a pretty remote chance of it breaking in the gun it would not be worth it. That smell would be hel* to get out. Those little appliance sized bulbs might be good or larger bulbs for more impact.
just don't try to use LED bulbs. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads