JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sentence was vacated. The story doesn't say if his 2A rights were restored. It was her gun, but yeah if he was felon that is still illegal. I guess he paid a price.

Do not have a gun in your hand when the police arrive. You see them its gun down hands up. I do not want to get shot. Assuming there's sufficient space from the one thats burgaled you. It sucks but better than dead.

I worked w a girl who's son was shot do death by Hillsboro police when carrying a pellet pistol. She hated all police.

Last Edited:
Reading between the lines, he may have been shooting at the burglar as the guy was leaving out the front door. I don't know if defense of property is legal in PA but it is probably not a good idea to shoot a fleeing burglar in the back.

It is still unclear to me whether the owner was inside the house or out on the porch. Maybe he fires a coupla shots at the fleeing burg then continues out onto the porch where he gets mistaken for a doobad?

Where is BLM in this case?

Idle speculation: if the homeowner was holding a shotgun rather than a pistol would that have been a strong visual clue to the cops that he was not the burglar? Not many burglars tote shotguns, after all. In any case, it's a bad idea to follow a perp out your front door with a gun in your hand whether you think the cops are outside or not. You are asking for all varieties of trouble.

He did ten years for something.

According to the story he shot a guy that was trying to break up his domestic argument. Claimed the gun went off accidentally. An appellate judge vacated his sentence. Sounds like the owner was a hot temper guy, and maybe prone to wave a gun around. Not really a good guy. Maybe a thug himself.

Well his name and record would come up when they were sent to the house I would guess. So they couldn't be sure who was the bad guy.
Pot farmers would call the cops when they weren't legal, so just because he called didn't mean he wasn't a bad guy.
But yeah some communication with the leo when they show up and you have a gun could be a good thing

Thats FUBAR...." my mom...my momm" then the story never mentions her. Probably shot too....what about strays...POOR MOTHER....I HOPE SHE HAS MORE THAN EX WIFE TO CARE FOR HER. THAT BROAD ABANDONED SHIP.

OLD HEADS YOUNG HEADS
DEAD HEADS OFF ON LEAVE

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews