JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure, let me elucidate something for you. The State has an almost complete monopoly on Force. The State is their own watchdog . The State uses the wealth and treasure of this Country against it's own subjects(i mean citizens). The State is force and violence and uses those as threats to maintain compliance. There is no private property in America if you have to pay fealty taxes to keep "your own property".

He chose to tear the house down vs. repairing it. I'm not saying what happened to him is right but lets not just gloss over that.

Can anyone tell me how this is not violating this man's Right to pursuing life, liberty, and happiness?

There in a nutshell is government giving the green light to behavior like contempt of government (speaking back to authority, aka, sassing). Police don't have to hesitate to shoot because they're know they cover of authority where we don't. It comes up here often. Can I shoot a dog attacking me. Well, we know police can.

Hopefully this man will get his day in a higher court, the city will pay him for his loss and the police will change their policies. Either way, it is the local tax payers that will take the hit.

Last Edited:
The guy (lawyers) sued on grounds of taking. If the government takes your property, they have to compensate you for that.

But, the government said in this case, as it was a criminal activity they were stopping, for the community good, it was not a taking.

Eugene Volokh has more.

There in a nutshell is government giving the green light to behavior like contempt of government (speaking back to authority, aka, sassing). Police don't have to hesitate to shoot because they know they cover of authority where we don't. It comes up here often. Can I shoot a dog attacking me. Well, we know police can.

Hopefully this man will get his day in a higher court, the city will pay him for his loss and the police will change their policies. Either way, it is the local tax payers that will take the hit.

He was given $5000, which probably was determined based on his insurance deductible. He most certainly filed an insurance claim.

I'd venture to say that a bunch of those damages were ordered as restitution from the bad guy. The owner will never see it, but the perp is truly the one at fault.

So if some a-hole steals your car, gets in a high speed chase and the cops pit it causing it to be destroyed does the LE agency that performed the pit owe you a new Caddie? Nope.

Insurance. Pay those premiums! :D

KJ,

Not only pay those premiums, don't buy the least coverage legal.

Buy well over the limit and no I don't sell insurance.

Buying more coverage than is legally necessary does not (surprisingly) cost much more than the bare minimum.

KJ,

Not only pay those premiums, don't buy the least coverage legal.

Buy well over the limit and no I don't sell insurance.

Buying more coverage than is legally necessary does not (surprisingly) cost much more than the bare minimum.

Good point, Manny. And I agree!

Even better, if LE wrecks your Pinto, should they buy you a Ferrari to replace it?

Read the article guys, the homeowner CHOSE to rebuild a MUCH nicer house than what was there before. It ain't all "Boo Hoo the cops wronged me".

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads