JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Dumbass gun owner: Why didn't you just go back into your house? Under what law are you allowed to shoot "warning shots" to stop a misdemeanant drunk driver?

This yet another case of "The only tool I have is a hammer, so every problem looks like a nail."

I've seen half a dozen cases in the last few years where I shook my head and wondered why prosecutors didn't charge.

Hell, I'd charge this guy with "Misdemeanor Being an Idiot."

If it was really a threat to your safety, you'd have shot the guy. Because, you know, that whole INSTINCT TO LIVE thing might kick in. Nope, instead you shot a few rounds into the ground, no doubt while telling him: "And the next shot, I REALLY MEAN IT!"

No.

I don't want this guy to get a felony record or have his rights jacked up. I want someone in authority to tell him exactly WHY he is a flapping nincompoop and tell him to cool his jets. Local Infraction: Discharge of a weapon in city limits sounds about right.

I think you can be a good lesson to other people that are new here. Had you been here a while you would have read Heretic say it was a neighbor and know it was in a back woods area.

Instead you went on a rant about city limits and such. Educate yourself before the rant as it is a lot different for those of us that have lived in the country. There is no help right away and as the story reports the guy continued trying to drive. Drunk and oblivious to the guy with a gun he could easily hit kids playing in a field, yard, old lady crossing the back roads for her mailbox.

The guy has every legal right to fire warning shots at a guy with popped tires still trying to drive around his lawn and get back on the road. Dude read the whole thing before saying a guy in the right should be charged with something.

What he dis was right. Guy would not pay attention so he made him. Police agree...did you even read that?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top