JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
has anyone rigged something up to catch the spent primers when depriming? im tired of them flying all over and finding them hiding under and behind stuff weeks later. im using an rcbs JR3 press. just curious if anyone has already solved this "problem" before i try and reinvent the wheel. if not ill post whatever i come up with.

thanks.

I use a Lee pin punch and anvil to punch out all my primers. Works very well I have the little anvil set up over a heavy 3" galvanized pipe cap with flat bottom hole drilled to hold the little anvil in it's bottom. This is set on small piece of extremely dense neoprene foam (so it won't move around. I could punch maybe 1000+ primers before having to clean out the cup.

In 20 years of doing it this way I have yet to break a pin punch.

I use one of these to catch those that escape the primer catcher on my press:

I also use the disposable paper bag inside so that any powder particles I pick up as well don't have any chance at all of going through the fan or motor.

Mark W.--

Your system certainly is foolproof. Don't think it would work for me as my average "batch size" for loading ammo is never less than 250 rounds and for 9mm and .223 it's more like 1,000 round minimum. With your "tool" I'm afraid I'd end up cross-eyed :s0001:

Also wouldn't leave as much time for shooting. :gun14:

I picked up a used JR2 with no primer catcher. Called RCBS and had one in 4 days free. Don't take advantage of them and they(RCBS) will help you out.

has anyone rigged something up to catch the spent primers when depriming? im tired of them flying all over and finding them hiding under and behind stuff weeks later. im using an rcbs JR3 press. just curious if anyone has already solved this "problem" before i try and reinvent the wheel. if not ill post whatever i come up with.

thanks.

yes. My hornady has a spent primer tube, a plastic tube out the bottom that hangs into a short length of ABS tubing with a pipe hanger to hold it in place against the bench, nut and bolt to hold in place and an internal cap on the bottom. It should hold about 5000-8000 primers before I have to dump it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top