JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been making mustard at home for the last year or so, and find I like it better than any store bought mustard. I first learned about this off of Pintrest, and the results have been great from the beginning. Here is the link to the sustainable food site that has directions..

http://www.attainable-sustainable.net/homemade-grainy-mustard-yes-really/

I use red wine vinegar, turmeric, salt, and about a half tablespoon of brown mustard seeds for every cup of yellow mustard seed. That generally makes about 4-5 cups of finished mustard. Adding a little honey makes an amazing honey Dijon dressing. Best of all? No refrigeration. Because it's just the mustard, vinegar, turmeric, and salt, you do not need to can it or store it in the fridge. I just got out the last jar of mustard from last year, and it's even better than when I made it! The flavors have mellowed, and some of the "boldness" has settled out, leaving a delicious mustard that even the little kids love! image.jpg image.jpg

And in a SHTF situation, having little comfort items like this can probably make the situation seem a little more bearable!

Thanks for the recipe.
I'm the only one in my family that likes this kind of mustard and I throw out large jars because they aren't used up in a timely manner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top