JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait a second, I thought anti-gunners were saying that these "ghost guns" would never be able to be found or tracked. It looks to me that they can be found and can be tracked. And if some idiot breaks the law and tries to sell a crap ton illegally, they will be discovered and arrested.

Huh. I'm confused. Apparently if you break the law, you still can be caught and sent to jail. Go figure!

Since when did criminals care if there was a serial number on a firearm.
They didn't buy it themselves from a gun store and go through a back ground check.
Most of them buy stolen guns when they commit crimes.

Agreed it was completely wrong and clearly against all related regulations, but none the less it brought the 80% receiver into the spotlight. I have not read anything else other than the story posted, but I'm sure since they were doing 80% lowers, the suppressors were the maglight variety. I cant imagine them being manufactured by a legit company, unless they were stolen.

I'm sure it wont be long before they call for 80%'s to be serialized and/or registered.

IIRC, It is Suggested, that you stamp your own ID, Serial # etc. into any home built 0-80 % guns. I belong to one of the Internet's First, and Definitely one of the Finest Home Gun Build Forums. Their Legal (sub forum) has Answered this question, and the Why's many times over.

In their "Builds Library" they have Many Zero Percent Builds, scanned from DYI magazines, which would take you from buy barrel to Single Shot 22LR Pistol, and even these magazines (Mechanix Illustrated is one) stated stamp Name, and Address upon the gun... There was also the JACO Papers, which oOregon Mediation Associationne could buy, and again, same thing Stamp Identifiers onto the home built item, YMMV, So Also there might Actually be REGULATIONS of the BATFEZDCXY peoples to read

philip, closing down, just got major Cramping going on, Owie, Owie... Yeah, Call me a Woose!

'Ghost Gun' Murders and Trafficking Cases Are a Law Enforcement Nightmare Come True

A string of high-profile crimes involving untraceable firearms has authorities on edge. Says one federal agent: "We have no way of knowing what's out there."

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/10/ghost-gun-lower-receiver-california/

Want to read the best quote in the whole piece?

"The people who want these guns are the people who cannot buy guns at legitimate gun stores or gun shows because they have criminal background or other disqualifying factors."

Last Edited:
I like this part on MOLON LABE..."Writing last year in Esquire, Robert Bateman — like West, a retired Army lieutenant colonel — noted what he saw as the irony of Molon Labe's glorification of "the absolute ruler of the most rigidly controlled military state in the ancient world … in which the individual had almost no rights [and] all able-bodied men were completely subject to the will of the leaders." WOW, that's too rich. Bateman saw that as ironic...apparently he never had to register for the draft in the current USA we live in. I registered in 1975, we know hundreds of thousands served in Vietnam courtesy of the draft.... Hell, without the Spartan sacrifice at Thermopylae Western Civilization would NOT exist....The Greek city states with their early democracies would have been blotted out by the Persian Empire. Leonidas wasn't the absolute ruler... he was one of two kings of Sparta.... Bateman is a rank amateur historian if he didn't know that...

Brutus Out.

I like this part on MOLON LABE..."Writing last year in Esquire, Robert Bateman — like West, a retired Army lieutenant colonel — noted what he saw as the irony of Molon Labe's glorification of "the absolute ruler of the most rigidly controlled military state in the ancient world … in which the individual had almost no rights [and] all able-bodied men were completely subject to the will of the leaders." WOW, that's too rich. Bateman saw that as ironic...apparently he never had to register for the draft in the current USA we live in. I registered in 1975, we know hundreds of thousands served in Vietnam courtesy of the draft.... Hell, without the Spartan sacrifice at Thermopylae Western Civilization would NOT exist....The Greek city states with their early democracies would have been blotted out by the Persian Empire. Leonidas wasn't the absolute ruler... he was one of two kings of Sparta.... Bateman is a rank amateur historian if he didn't know that...

Brutus Out.

Facts? What do facts have to do with stirring up hate, fear and anger? :rolleyes: You may catch more flies with honey, but you get more votes by scaring the bejesus out of people...

This is nothing more than a move toward registration of all guns. Don't fall for it. I was a cop for 30 years, a detective for much of that time. I served in the violent crimes section and was a member of the metro area Major Crime Team. Many times I was involved in attempting to trace guns used in crimes. What the media and politicians don't tell us, is that successful gun traces are extremely rare.
There is no magic involved in a trace.
  • Call BATF headquarters in DC, provide the serial number and learn when and where the gun was made, or imported, and where it was placed on the market, and by which distributor.
  • From there, it comes down to old fashioned detective work. Call the distributor and find which gun dealer got the gun, when and where.
  • Next step, contact the gun dealer and start the search for the form 4473s, to find the original purchaser.
  • Next, find the original purchaser, if they are still alive, or if you can locate them after several residence changes.
  • In most cases the gun was sold so "some guy" years ago, or stolen.
  • Dead end.
Now the politicians have an "untraceable" gun for their anti-rights campaign. Registration is nothing more than a confiscation list. In those jurisdictions which have registration, there has NEVER been a case cleared based on registration. Never. When the anti-freedom crowd compare gun registration to car registration in solving crimes, they are comparing apples and oranges. When a hit and run driver gets caught it is most often when someone saw the license plates of the car and called the cops. Guns and gun owners do not have large, reflective metal license plates to write down and call in. And in the unlikely event a killer would use his own, registered gun to commit a crime, it is unlikely he would leave it at the scene. to be traced back to him, a concept the gun grabbers fail to grasp.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads