JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have really researched this and came up fairly empty handed. Some folks say it can't be done while others show you some bizzare ways to make one at home (not sure if their ideas would work). Does anybody have any real experience with building one or is it one of those things you really just can't build yourself?

Your post sparked a little interest. I read the page linked here. Freeze-drying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Seems to me that this process is a little equimpent intensive. I had no idea what was involved with the freeze drying process. Doesn't seem like something you can just throw together.... Rephrase... Doesn't seem like something "I" can just throw together. More power to you if you can figure it out. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

A couple of years back I took a tour of one of Oregon Freeze Dry's facilities in Albany as part of an engineering program. It's one of those processes that requires specialty equipment that can be precisely controlled. Didn't look like anything that would be really feasible at home. Of course people do all kinds of stuff at home, but the up-front investment cost would be huge.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top