JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They must have heard some people are CCing. We can't have people unfairly more prepared to avoid being a victim now, just think of the poor muggers not being able to support their habit, and how will the drug dealers and fences stay in business if we let you defend yourself?

Hrm, if they were patrolling more than just the Airport MAX line (i.e. the lines that go to Hillsboro or Gresham or Clackamas,) I'd consider open carrying in the open-carry cities MAX passes through, just to mess with them. (Yes, I *COULD* open carry anyway as a CHL holder, but then I'd have to "show papers" to prove I was legally open carrying - in the open-carry-okay cities, I could tell them (politely) to buzz off.)

IMO this whole thing about having DHS roving checkpoints and heightened visibility is an attempt to desensitize people to having their constitutioal right to be secure from illegal searches violated. This is one of the first of many steps towards tyranny in this country. I would hope people would stand up and say no to this crap, but I doubt enough will do so to stop it.

Welcome to the police state.

Last Edited:
IMO this whole thing about having DHS roving checkpoints and heightened visibility is an attempt to desensitize people to having their constitutioal right to be secure from illegal searches violoated. This is one of the first of many steps towards tyranny in this country. I would hope people would stand up and say no to this crap, but I doubt enough will do so to stop it.

And when people do say no:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO this whole thing about having DHS roving checkpoints and heightened visibility is an attempt to desensitize people to having their constitutioal right to be secure from illegal searches violoated. This is one of the first of many steps towards tyranny in this country. I would hope people would stand up and say no to this crap, but I doubt enough will do so to stop it.

So true,throw a frog in boiling water and he will quickly jump out,bring the same frog to a slow boil and he dont even know he's dying.
So it is with D.H.S.putting their nazi's in the public eye,in 2 years people will be desensitized to them and never think about it when their surrounded by D.H.S.and fema.

Hrm, if they were patrolling more than just the Airport MAX line (i.e. the lines that go to Hillsboro or Gresham or Clackamas,) I'd consider open carrying in the open-carry cities MAX passes through, just to mess with them. (Yes, I *COULD* open carry anyway as a CHL holder, but then I'd have to "show papers" to prove I was legally open carrying - in the open-carry-okay cities, I could tell them (politely) to buzz off.)

Oh boy,another rude Open carrier making the rest of the gun people look stupid.

Yeah yeah I can tell them to just buzz off.

no sense in being adult about it huh?

while they are riding the transit - bus, train, what ever, hopefully they will tell these inconsiderate, rude, cocky, waste of tax payers school money funding idiots to shut the bubblegum up, act like a respectable individual, treat others kindly, respect other riders peace of mind, and sit in their seat and don't act like a piece of bubblegum that should be pistol whipped and sent to a island with others that feel they are also the high and mighty.

lol, that was a rant

Trimet's code for anyone interested. I really like this part: "Where possession of such weapons cannot be prohibited by law". I believe that would be everywhere. They make it sound like they have the ability to regulate firearms possession.

http://trimet.org/pdfs/code/TriMet_Code_Chapter_28.pdf
D. Prohibited Risks to Transit System Security and Order:
(2) Weapons: No person, except a peace officer, shall bring or carry aboard a District Vehicle any firearm, knife (except a folding knife with a blade less than 3 ½ inches in length), or any other instrument, article, device, material or substance specifically designed for, or attempted to be used to, inflict or cause bodily harm to another, except in accordance with administrative rules as may be promulgated by the General Manager or otherwise provided by law. Where possession of such weapons cannot be prohibited by law, a person in possession of a weapon may not display or carry the weapon in a manner which is likely to result in fear or alarm by other persons or District employees.

#15 me too,what is swoosh? unfortunately the tri-met security cops are just like most private security companys. mostly comprised of guys that cant be real cops. i think for the most part this includes, port of portland, T.S.A. dept of H.L.S., F.B.I., C.I.A.. I lived in totem lake Wa. for a couple years, the guy above us in the fourplex was a U.S. marshal. wife beating piece of crap like i have never seen. chicken scat sob. i called him out once for beating his wife, guess what i got in return? U.S. marshals service up my butt. they looked at everything i had ever done. guess what? the day we moved out of that complex that sob was kicking his wifes a$$ again. it sucked because she was a really nice woman. i hope she is still alive. if not i am sure his agency would cover it up.

sorry didnt mean to get off topic.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as an arrogant open-carrier. I have personally never carried openly in the Portland Metro area - except at gun-friendly indoor events (gun shows, for example.)

But this chaps me. I'm all for more real security, but transit police (or the city/county police the train/bus is in at the time.) This is bull-puckey. Federal Homeland Security agents?

And I did mean "politely" tell them they had no justification - "buzz off" was meant to be the colloquialism, not the actual phrase. (Yeah, even when I know the law enforcement officer is wrong, I am always perfectly polite and compliant - I do *NOT* want to be shot due to a misunderstanding.)

To get back on topic - yeah, Tri-Met tries to claim that they have the authority to bar weapons - but Oregon state law is clear - only cities and counties can regulate loaded open carry. And even then, CHL holders are exempt from local regulations. Transit districts have *ZERO* firearm regulatory power. Inside a bus shelter/MAX station, you may have some potential gray areas about "public buildings" and open carry, but again, a CHL holder is exempt per ORS. (But if you're not sure - contact a lawyer, don't trust my word on it. I am just a random person on the internet, after all...)

I concealed carry on Tri-Met every day.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding Tri-Met property to include shelters and stops are premises open to the public but is owned/ran by a business. They should have the right to regulate rules or refuse service to anyone. And to the comment that Tri-Met officers are the ones that couldn't cut it as real cops, Tri-Met funds the salary of city police officers to take part on Tri-Met teams to service the public needs and increase response times to calls for service without taking away from the public funding or "Schools".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top