Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Homeland Security officers patrolling MAX trains at random

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by matt_w, Jan 23, 2012.

1. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

They must have heard some people are CCing. We can't have people unfairly more prepared to avoid being a victim now, just think of the poor muggers not being able to support their habit, and how will the drug dealers and fences stay in business if we let you defend yourself?

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Papers Please........one more reason to avoid Portland.

4. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Hrm, if they were patrolling more than just the Airport MAX line (i.e. the lines that go to Hillsboro or Gresham or Clackamas,) I'd consider open carrying in the open-carry cities MAX passes through, just to mess with them. (Yes, I *COULD* open carry anyway as a CHL holder, but then I'd have to "show papers" to prove I was legally open carrying - in the open-carry-okay cities, I could tell them (politely) to buzz off.)

5. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I can wait for another max train beating video to go viral on the internet. I am glad to have someone besides criminals patrolling the max line.

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

IMO this whole thing about having DHS roving checkpoints and heightened visibility is an attempt to desensitize people to having their constitutioal right to be secure from illegal searches violated. This is one of the first of many steps towards tyranny in this country. I would hope people would stand up and say no to this crap, but I doubt enough will do so to stop it.

Welcome to the police state.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

And when people do say no:

[video=youtube;uChvPKQElI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uChvPKQElI0[/video]

8. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Instead of a cop who appears to of had a rough day yelling at you though, you get 4 feds in ninja suits screaming at you and proning you out on the floor of a dirty max car.

9. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

So true,throw a frog in boiling water and he will quickly jump out,bring the same frog to a slow boil and he dont even know he's dying.
    So it is with D.H.S.putting their nazi's in the public eye,in 2 years people will be desensitized to them and never think about it when their surrounded by D.H.S.and fema.

10. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

This is a funny video,it's not real though,its swoosh!
    These guys are buddies,can you imagine if the cops station witnessed that?he would be put on leave for mental evaluation.

11. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Oh boy,another rude Open carrier making the rest of the gun people look stupid.

Yeah yeah I can tell them to just buzz off.

no sense in being adult about it huh?

12. MinnesotaORnewbie

MinnesotaORnewbie Oregon Active Member

while they are riding the transit - bus, train, what ever, hopefully they will tell these inconsiderate, rude, cocky, waste of tax payers school money funding idiots to shut the bubblegum up, act like a respectable individual, treat others kindly, respect other riders peace of mind, and sit in their seat and don't act like a piece of bubblegum that should be pistol whipped and sent to a island with others that feel they are also the high and mighty.

lol, that was a rant

sheepdip and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Murphy

Murphy Oregon Member

Yes. There is nothing prohibiting an individual with a valid CHL from carrying on any of Trimet vehicles.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  14. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

================================================

What is swoosh?

15. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Trimet's code for anyone interested. I really like this part: "Where possession of such weapons cannot be prohibited by law". I believe that would be everywhere. They make it sound like they have the ability to regulate firearms possession.

http://trimet.org/pdfs/code/TriMet_Code_Chapter_28.pdf

16. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes, but it is frowned upon.

17. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Yeah, by Tri-Met! Big deal.

18. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

#15 me too,what is swoosh? unfortunately the tri-met security cops are just like most private security companys. mostly comprised of guys that cant be real cops. i think for the most part this includes, port of portland, T.S.A. dept of H.L.S., F.B.I., C.I.A.. I lived in totem lake Wa. for a couple years, the guy above us in the fourplex was a U.S. marshal. wife beating piece of crap like i have never seen. chicken scat sob. i called him out once for beating his wife, guess what i got in return? U.S. marshals service up my butt. they looked at everything i had ever done. guess what? the day we moved out of that complex that sob was kicking his wifes a$$ again. it sucked because she was a really nice woman. i hope she is still alive. if not i am sure his agency would cover it up.

sorry didnt mean to get off topic.

19. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as an arrogant open-carrier. I have personally never carried openly in the Portland Metro area - except at gun-friendly indoor events (gun shows, for example.)

But this chaps me. I'm all for more real security, but transit police (or the city/county police the train/bus is in at the time.) This is bull-puckey. Federal Homeland Security agents?

And I did mean "politely" tell them they had no justification - "buzz off" was meant to be the colloquialism, not the actual phrase. (Yeah, even when I know the law enforcement officer is wrong, I am always perfectly polite and compliant - I do *NOT* want to be shot due to a misunderstanding.)

To get back on topic - yeah, Tri-Met tries to claim that they have the authority to bar weapons - but Oregon state law is clear - only cities and counties can regulate loaded open carry. And even then, CHL holders are exempt from local regulations. Transit districts have *ZERO* firearm regulatory power. Inside a bus shelter/MAX station, you may have some potential gray areas about "public buildings" and open carry, but again, a CHL holder is exempt per ORS. (But if you're not sure - contact a lawyer, don't trust my word on it. I am just a random person on the internet, after all...)

I concealed carry on Tri-Met every day.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Fumbles

Fumbles North Plains, OR Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding Tri-Met property to include shelters and stops are premises open to the public but is owned/ran by a business. They should have the right to regulate rules or refuse service to anyone. And to the comment that Tri-Met officers are the ones that couldn't cut it as real cops, Tri-Met funds the salary of city police officers to take part on Tri-Met teams to service the public needs and increase response times to calls for service without taking away from the public funding or "Schools".