JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will take the hat over having my head stuck in the sand

How is my head stuck in the sand? Just because something that has gone on since before the US government existed got written into a story. The US government has bought ammo since before the end of the revolutionary war. WHY on earth would this some how be a big shock now?

How much ammo did the FBI buy 10 years ago? 5 years ago? in 1933? So why is it news or part of some great conspiracy now?

Try not to look for the boogy man quite so hard and you might enjoy life a little better.

Okay so I did some serious Googling and this is what I found.

This is the article about the purchase that came out on 3/14/2012 Government Security News Mag It states "This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds, it said." so that's not too unbelievable.

I also found this on Winchester’s site: 8/2009 Winchester Awarded Department of Homeland Security Contract “Winchester® Ammunition was recently awarded a contract by the Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security to supply a maximum of 200 million, 40 cal. rounds over the next five years.”

I guess it's not that outrageous and I can sleep good again tonight ... with my gun under my pillow.

By the way, these are just some of the agencies that now fall under DHS that may carry guns.

The U.S. Customs Service (Treasury)
The Immigration and Naturalization Service (Justice)
The Federal Protective Service
The Transportation Security Administration (Transportation)
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (Treasury)
National Infrastructure Protection Center (FBI)
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Secret Service

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR